PDA

View Full Version : Will you be in line @ Midnight for 360'a Launch?

Ninja Scroll
11-05-2005, 07:41 PM
It's got to be one or the other. Are you waiting in line for the Midnight launch of Xbox360, or is your console already reserved? If so where, and when are you picking it up? And if your getting in line, what time to you honestly plan to camp out?

Me, im going to Best Buy in Pentagon City, VA at around 8-9pm on da 21st to meet my boy in line. He aint gettin one, but he's spending da night at my crib to catch dat first DOA4 beatdown!! :hardcore:
D@mn, four hours in line is pretty long, even killing it with friends. Atleast im off on dat Tuesday. :cool:

Wat about you all?

Jackyboy
11-05-2005, 08:14 PM
edit. see page 2

Rhiannon
11-05-2005, 08:46 PM
I didnt vote...none of the above was not a chioce. I am waiting untill after the new year..probably around the first price drop for the COMPLETE bundle.

addict
11-05-2005, 09:01 PM
I didnt vote...none of the above was not a chioce. I am waiting untill after the new year..probably around the first price drop for the COMPLETE bundle.

same for me

Variation-XBA
11-05-2005, 09:05 PM
I run my EB, I don't need to wait in line :P

ll Mista GT ll
11-05-2005, 09:08 PM
I run my EB, I don't need to wait in line :P

Of course... you can just walk out with one... :whistle:

LeoBreaker
11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
walmart for me, i just have one set back... i still don't have enough money for it

ll Mista GT ll
11-05-2005, 10:21 PM
It's got to be one or the other. Are you waiting in line for the Midnight launch of Xbox360, or is your console already reserved? If so where, and when are you picking it up? And if your getting in line, what time to you honestly plan to camp out?

Me, im going to Best Buy in Pentagon City, VA at around 8-9pm on da 21st to meet my boy in line. He aint gettin one, but he's spending da night at my crib to catch dat first DOA4 beatdown!! :hardcore:
D@mn, four hours in line is pretty long, even killing it with friends. Atleast im off on dat Tuesday. :cool:

Wat about you all?

Holy crap! You talked normal in that post! What's wrong with you!? *shakes Ninja unconcious*

Double_Diablo
11-05-2005, 10:32 PM
I rather get a good night's sleep.... because for the next little while I'll be completely deprived of sleep.

Whisper
11-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Definently going at midnight just incase blockbuster ****ed and oversold their preorders, but i doubt it.

If they even hope for it.. they did for Halo 2 so I don' see why not.

Dj Logical 1
11-05-2005, 11:05 PM
EHHHHH im not doing anything, just going to wait to see if it comes out buggy or not then might purchase it, or might have to wait for christmas

Ninjermy
11-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Huzzah to the lineup!

l Maximus l
11-06-2005, 02:19 AM
I gotta check out PD0 before actually doing it. If the game kicks ass, I'll be the first one in line like I was for the first XBox. Fred Meyer is where I'm going...they don't take pre-orders...first come first serve :D

ll Mista GT ll
11-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Hmm... My parents aren't crazy enough to let me be crazy enough to camp out and wait..

Since my dad is buying the 360 for me, he's basiccly think I'll be lucky when I get it... :(

Meh. 50/50 win/lose :confused:

m4oH
11-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Considering my parents won't buy it for Christmas because they consider video games a waste of money. It looks like I'm going to have to save up some money. It doesn't help I owe my parents $80 either. Most likely early next year, I'll be picking one up.

ll Mista GT ll
11-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Considering my parents won't buy it for Christmas because they consider video games a waste of money. It looks like I'm going to have to save up some money. It doesn't help I owe my parents $80 either. Most likely early next year, I'll be picking one up.

Darn. That sucks man. But i'm ure when we buy our 360's, we'll be kicking ourselves in our asses b/c the HDD messed up or something like that. You'll always get something better if you wait. That's just how it is.

I'm really not 100% sold to the 360 though... I just cant understand how much better than Xbox it can be only using ONE core... :bang:

Shawn-XBA
11-06-2005, 08:05 AM
I won't be camping out, I am just going to go to target or kmart when they open, and if I don't get one then I will just wait until they come back in

ll Mista GT ll
11-06-2005, 08:17 AM
I won't be camping out, I am just going to go to target or kmart when they open, and if I don't get one then I will just wait until they come back in

Good man! No rush... that's good to see. Just take it as it comes, right? ;)

ll Mista GT ll
11-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Wait a second! Are there 2 versions of the Xbox? The 360, and the 260? lol Read the pole title. :p

F1Ox
11-06-2005, 08:28 AM
maybe. but i don't think so

laughs
11-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Option 2! Now I'm thinking all EB games do this right? Cause EB is like an hour's drive away and I don't want to go in there that night unless I know I'm going to get it that night... Then again, they call and let you know when it'll be available right?

Shawn-XBA
11-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Option 2! Now I'm thinking all EB games do this right? Cause EB is like an hour's drive away and I don't want to go in there that night unless I know I'm going to get it that night... Then again, they call and let you know when it'll be available right?

They should contact you, if it is a stand-alone store (not in a mall) then there is a higher chance that they will open at midnight

ll Mista GT ll
11-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Lots of people probably wont get it b/c of the price... I'm sure all of this Pre-order crap... is overated..

We had thousands of Halo 2 games at my Futureshop and BestBuy... they aren't gonna run out.

xxcdoubleuxx
11-06-2005, 11:31 AM

Wat about you all?
MAN im camping for 16hours so i can skip skool i have it reserved but i dont want to wait for 3 hours just to get it lol so me and my friend are gonna camp knowing we are assured a 360 lol ill just walk around the mall till it colses then theyll push us into the main hall (there leaving it open so we can get in line) so ther will only be and entrance open but im hoping to be first in line i mean just for the fun of it but ill pry walk around the mall or even go to a movie while i wait i will be bored lol

Tony_Macaroni
11-06-2005, 11:32 AM
took the words right out of my mouth

m4oH
11-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Wait a second! Are there 2 versions of the Xbox? The 360, and the 260? lol Read the pole title. :p
Your posts are one minute apart. It's called edit.

Tony_Macaroni
11-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Your posts are one minute apart. It's called edit.
hey give him a break :watchout:

Jags
11-06-2005, 05:56 PM
me ima wait for about 3 days then gonna walk into an eb games which is secluded place :D away from the hungry eyes of the young near a resturant for old ppl

laughs
11-06-2005, 06:06 PM
They should contact you, if it is a stand-alone store (not in a mall) then there is a higher chance that they will open at midnight

Yeah, the one I pre-ordered from was in a mall.... Guess I may have to wait until the next day.... Or do I??? Dum dum dummmmmmmm!!!! :watchout:

Nato King
11-06-2005, 06:17 PM
I already have my xbox360 preorder. Now I just hope I get it while I am away at my cuz house that I have it coming too. I think i will be there for about a week from November 24 - December 1 if I don't have it come there by than i will die and I would have to get him to ship it back to bermuda for me which might take another week or two.

Hedao
11-07-2005, 06:34 AM
EB called to get an idea of the number of doofs that were going to want to pick it up at 12am on the 22nd. I told the guy that I would not mind doing that. I just feel bad for the poor bastards that have to go in and service all us freaks.

Highlite23
11-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Pre-Ordered, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do. If I'm bored and not tired i may take the trip over to GS.

Most likely I'll go the next morning on my way to work.

greg756
11-07-2005, 06:55 PM
yeah ill be at mine at the gamestop in central park in fredericksburg, Va
i wonder if it will be like the one i sat in with halo 2 i hope i walk away more impressed unlike halo 2 oh well im going to bring my drawing pad to kill time

ShadedNine
11-07-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm still undecided if I'm taking the day off on Tuesday. If I am, I'll pick it up asap, though I don't think Future Shop is going to be open at midnight for that (they only took 10 preorders). If I decide to work, then i'll probably pick it up during lunch.

Shadow20002
11-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Maybe...

Jackyboy
11-08-2005, 08:12 PM
edit, scroll down

Ghost
11-08-2005, 10:09 PM
I got it pre-ordered at EB, was the 7th person of 12 to pre-order. Anyway, im just gonna go after my classes around 1pm and pick it up. The joy of pre-ordering 10 months in advance lol...

phillyjack
11-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Just got the call today my EB Games store called me and said they got shorted on units and will not be able to fill all the pre orders and I will most likely get it by xmass they will be getting a few every week. I per ordered and prepaid it so I'm going to sleep and dream about what it would be like to get it on release day.

Ninja Scroll
11-09-2005, 06:03 PM
yeah ill be at mine at the gamestop in central park in fredericksburg, Va
i wonder if it will be like the one i sat in with halo 2 i hope i walk away more impressed unlike halo 2 oh well im going to bring my drawing pad to kill time
YO greg, im originally from Bragg Hill VA homie!! Dats my hometown. I grew up around there when it was only tree's over at Central Park. I remember when it was only a Movie Theater and dat ToysRus across da street from it.
Does anyone still go to Spotsylvania Mall anymore? They still got Hechts, so I would think so. I used to work in dat lame arcades (Aladdins Castle) back in da dayz homie.

ok, my mom is driving me to best buy at 5:30am, it opens at 6:00am... after we get it, shes driving me to school -.-, the next day we have to drive to memphis for a week of thanksgiving... so i wont be playing live for a while

I went to da BestBuy I expect to cop mines at yesterday when I copped The Get Rich Or Die Tryin Soundtrack, and dem suckaz said they was doing da 5or6am bullshiii. Dat sux, but then again, might be cool, cause how many nerds gonna be able to borrow there mommies car at dat time in da mow-nin? Or am I takin dem lightly? :huh: :confused: :huh:

Just got the call today my EB Games store called me and said they got shorted on units and will not be able to fill all the pre orders and I will most likely get it by xmass they will be getting a few every week. I per ordered and prepaid it so I'm going to sleep and dream about what it would be like to get it on release day.
It's all a gimmick, just like dat story Gamespot posted last week. MS is trying to make it as if dis joint is really gonna be more scarse than it really should be.
bastaards prolly got 10 mill in a warehouse in Milwakee or sum shiii collecting dust. :rolleyes:

Jackyboy
11-09-2005, 06:07 PM
my mom has changed her mind yet again, shes gonna drive me to school then go to target, target said they were getting about 100 systems in and it opens at a more convinient time for her (8am)