PDA

View Full Version : Are garunteed to have 360 the 22nd?

SH4MR0CK
11-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Well since were down to the last two weeks untill the 360 is released im just curious to know how many of you were smart and went to preorder your 360 months ago and are definetly gonna have one on launch or if you are very nervous if you will even get one? yes I know I spelled guarantee wrong.

Go420Dawgs
11-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Werd i paid mine off a long time ago and pre ordered it before E3.

Twistedcritts14
11-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Im waiting for santa dad dont want to spend the money so close to x-mas

hebgbz
11-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Well since were down to the last two weeks untill the 360 is released im just curious to know how many of you were smart and went to preorder your 360 months ago and are definetly gonna have one on launch or if you are very nervous if you will even get one? yes I know I spelled guarantee wrong.

Well, it all depends where you preordered it. If you preordered it at an EB you better call and verify the policy as to how they are handing them out because I was told by both of my EB's here in Tulsa, OK that it does not matter WHEN you preordered, but how MUCH you have actually paid down. So, if you were the 2nd person to preorder one and that particular store is getting 50 of them and 50 other people have just one more dollar down than you, then you are screwed. That is what I was bold-faced told today from both stores.

Ofcourse that is an utter bullsh*t policy and they are flat liers for telling everyone to hurry up and preorder early on, but they apparently just don't give a flip. All 3 of the Gamestops in my town will honor the order they were preordered but the EB's are looking to up their sales figures so they are pressuring people to pay off the systems, by extra games and pay them off, buy extra controllers and pay them off, and so on just so they can ramp up sales. I was actually told that today in almost those exact same words.

As far as I am concerned the District Manager, or whoever makes that policy for the EB stores in Tulsa, OK, is a lying low-life numbers whore who doesn't give a rats ass about his customers or fairplay. I may not be able to convince anyone else to not shop at their stores in this region anymore but the couple of thousand I may have spent in their store over the next few years will most definitely not see their coffers.

Oh, and I hope and pray for you guys who ordered from them that your local store where you are at does not do that to you. I believe it is a District Manager level decision to operate that way. Here's hoping yours is not like the one here in the Tulsa area.

Nameless
11-07-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm waitin for a price drop and all initial launch kinks to be ironed out before I fork over my hard earned money.

Go420Dawgs
11-07-2005, 07:36 PM
My EB is going by when your pre ordered it. My store is only getting 20 360's in all. But then again i live out in the middle of nowhere.

FatBox
11-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Waiting for the price to go down. Which is going to be sometime in 2006.

Nato King
11-07-2005, 08:10 PM
I should be getting my xbox360 on the day or one or two days after.

Jags
11-07-2005, 09:18 PM
I should be getting my xbox360 on the day or one or two days after.
took the words right outta my mouth
im not gonna go on the lunch date thats just stupid ill go a few days after

P.S thers already a thread for this but aw well this ones already been started so watever :confused:

Double_Diablo
11-07-2005, 09:42 PM
I've had it pre-ordered since June. EB Games phoned me back in October and said I couldn't pick it up on day one.

BORNGD
11-07-2005, 09:58 PM
i preordered from walmart.com, went to make sure i was getting my bundle and it says it will ship and be at my house by the 22nd...cant wait

Slam Dunker
11-08-2005, 02:43 AM
How is it that you guys get the 360 in 14 days and i can only get it in 2 months you ask?

Well....i'll tell you my heart wrenching story - but it won't be easy on the ears.

To start off NZ is backwards. We get everything late (movies, games, events ..... Next Gen Gaming consoles .....) i start talking about something new that happened here and all of a sudden that was like 3 months ago for you guys. Anyway the reason why i can't get the 360 in 14 days is because it only comes late 2005 (*crossed fingers*) or early 2006.

If anyone out there feels that i truly do have it hard and that my life really is a living hell - you can donate any amount of cash to the .....

"Help get me a 360 FUND"

all proceeds will go directly to me.

p.s. You're all lucky lucky bastids

r3lik1
11-08-2005, 10:40 AM
How is it that you guys get the 360 in 14 days and i can only get it in 2 months you ask?

Well....i'll tell you my heart wrenching story - but it won't be easy on the ears.

To start off NZ is backwards. We get everything late (movies, games, events ..... Next Gen Gaming consoles .....) i start talking about something new that happened here and all of a sudden that was like 3 months ago for you guys. Anyway the reason why i can't get the 360 in 14 days is because it only comes late 2005 (*crossed fingers*) or early 2006.

If anyone out there feels that i truly do have it hard and that my life really is a living hell - you can donate any amount of cash to the .....

"Help get me a 360 FUND"

all proceeds will go directly to me.

p.s. You're all lucky lucky bastids

As soon as you donate to my "I Need a Hayabusa Fund", i'll donate to your xbox fund!!!

studepaber
11-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Pre-ordered at EB Games, paid for everything upfront. Got the call Saturday that I may be 2nd or 3rd shipment. So I will be getting mine at Best Buy on launch, then run over to EB to get all the games, acc's I pre-ordered and getting a refund on the console. Hopefully I won't have a problem getting a console seeing as there's 5-6 Best Buys, 10 or so Wal-Mart's, several Target's, and a few Toys R' Us' within a 50 mile radius of me.

Shadow20002
11-08-2005, 03:31 PM
First, your poll is biased since you add some words that change the mind of people..

Fanobills
11-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Prepaying it for me up until just a few days ago wasn't an option for me.

I have been unemployed since May, and the only reason I was able to get it was because of my financial aid.

the chick at EB games said I should have one before Christmas which is awesome because I've got military family displaced all over the world and they'll be able to get a look at it with out having to wait as long as the rest of the world when they come out for Christmas.

DOG
11-10-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't know. I am getting it though freepay. I don't know how back ordered they are.

mattgame
11-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Day one baby. All I need now is the LCD HD and I'm on top of the world.

killerscott
11-10-2005, 11:03 PM
ummm my plan is to go to my local shopko at about 6 am. the place opens at 8. anyways then i gotta be to school by 8:15 but if i'm late I will have the attendance lady write "had to get xbox360" on my pass. my teacher will understand.

edit: I will go as early as four if i see it necisary. I have been flipping out... Game systems shouldnt give me anxiety attacks!

what will be funny is how half of the people who pre-ordered them are going to get theres weeks later than a lot of other people.