PDA

View Full Version : UFC Tapout

Xboxfan123
02-20-2002, 05:55 PM
I went to the official Crave site and the opinions are mixed. Some like it and others hate it. I hear the Create a Fighter is lame.

I REALLY trust you guys here. The game costs like $90 CDN.

Is it worth buying and why or why not.

Help.:)

reagan123
02-20-2002, 08:20 PM
in my opinion it is worth buying if:
1.You do not have the dreamcast version. tapout is visually better but it is primarily the same game.

2.You actually enjoy the UFC.

The game is good but not great.

Dave
02-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Well looks like I will scratch that one off the wish list then. I bought Dreamcasts UFC because I read all these reviews that hailed it as a great game, but I never liked it. The create a player was pathetic in Dreamcasts UFC, and the matches only last like 10 seconds. We even disliked the 2 player vs. mode because of that. A match lasted 5-10 seonds then took 30 seconds to reload.

Xboxfan123
02-20-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Dave
Well looks like I will scratch that one off the wish list then. I bought Dreamcasts UFC because I read all these reviews that hailed it as a great game, but I never liked it. The create a player was pathetic in Dreamcasts UFC, and the matches only last like 10 seconds. We even disliked the 2 player vs. mode because of that. A match lasted 5-10 seonds then took 30 seconds to reload.

I hear it's like the DC version with better graphics. Approximately on average how long does a UFC match last?

reagan123
02-20-2002, 11:24 PM
it depends on how good at the game you are and how you play. most of the time if you are playing the computer you can go out and just punch and kick him and K.O them in 30 seconds. if you get a good player a match can sometimes last all three rounds. it just depends on how you play and who you play.

the merc
02-20-2002, 11:57 PM
I think UFC is pretty good. Those who dont enjoy it, dont know how to play it. I do like the UFC, but I also like bustin opponents skulls open, and this game is the closest thing to realistic hand to hand combat for now.

Xboxfan123
02-21-2002, 05:01 PM
Thanks guy's I'll probably buy it. Info is much appreciated.:)

Xboxfan123
02-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Xboxfan123
Thanks guy's I'll probably buy it. Info is much appreciated.:)

Actually last night I rented UFC for the weekend. The fighters look good but the sound, lack of career mode and limited CAF really bites. I'm going to wait for Knockout Kings.

BTW Mike Tyson boxing is supposed to have a new damage engine which in this industry means they will probably omit it. And after owning the last Tyson boxing I will probably pass on it.

Caspel
02-24-2002, 09:25 AM
UFC is a great game. I never bought that Dreamcast version, so I appreciated this one a lot more. The graphics are unreal and show somewhat of the Xbox's power. Hopefully more and more games come out for the Xbox showing the rest of what UFC left untouched. The graphics are the best feature and this is certainly the best fighter out there for 2 players.

If you are into UFC, then this game is a must. The matches are real length, which most matches end shortly into the 2nd round if you are good enough. If you are a very good player and you are facing a good opponent or a friend that is great, then you may just take it into the 3rd round. The matches are a lot longer then 30seconds, you have to be lame at the game to only last 30 seconds. And no you can't beat the computer in 30 seconds so you must have lost in 30 seconds.

Read the reviews everyone, stop acting like you don't see XboxAddict's reviews. They give you the whole perspective. I did my Staff review on UFC a couple days ago, so go check it out.

El Pollo Loco
02-25-2002, 03:14 PM
UFC is an excellent game. At first your gonna have your a$$ handed to you on a platter...its that fast. Then once ya get the hang of the reversals its probably the most reqwarding fighting game out there.

phat_pat
02-25-2002, 11:33 PM
well tha game is great, its alot better if you like ufc and your into it, then u wont just go in and bash heads, u can draw the fights out longer and work on submission and shiot. by tha way did anyone catch pride fighting las night? cant believe shamrock couldnt make frye tapout.
peace

Toder
02-26-2002, 12:25 AM
I personally think the game is great. But I think if your not into the UFC or Pride you may not like it. The game moves really fast and if your not that good the match will end pretty quick. but the better you get the more fun you will have. You have to learn to counter moves and avoid the submissions. also preserve your stanima, if your facing a good fighter this is a must. the more you punch or kick at someone the faster your stanima will drop. thus leaving yourself vunerable to a knockout. hope this helps.