PDA

View Full Version : Loud Xbox Beep

U.2.K
11-09-2005, 01:43 AM
After i got done playing a game, by mistake i turn off my xbox while the game was still inside, so i turn it back on by again mistake and i hit the top button and i guess i was holding it by mistake and i heard this loud long beep noise.

Any idea what that was?

:trippin:

Reclaimer
11-09-2005, 01:58 AM
No.. unless something has changed, Xboxes didn't have an internal speaker to provide error notices. It just flashed in certain colors.
Orange-something you can fix
Red-something you can not fix.

Are you sure it was a beep and it came from the Xbox? I just tore my dead-box down and didn't see anything on the motherboard for a speaker.

r3lik1
11-09-2005, 07:48 AM
No.. unless something has changed, Xboxes didn't have an internal speaker to provide error notices. It just flashed in certain colors.
Orange-something you can fix
Red-something you can not fix.

Are you sure it was a beep and it came from the Xbox? I just tore my dead-box down and didn't see anything on the motherboard for a speaker.

yea, no speaker inside the xbox....the only thing that makes noise in there is the hard drive and the fan.......

After i got done playing a game, by mistake i turn off my xbox while the game was still inside, so i turn it back on by again mistake and i hit the top button and i guess i was holding it by mistake and i heard this loud long beep noise.

Any idea what that was?

thats a lot of mistakes......but you do know its OK to turn your xbox off with a game in it....right....it won't hurt it.....

and holding any buttons on startup doesn't prompt anything, especially noises(unless you have a M0dd3d xbox)......which i am willing to bet money that you don't!

CarGuy
11-09-2005, 01:55 PM
No I've heard a beep from mine too..

U.2.K
11-09-2005, 01:56 PM
yea i dont have a modded xbox haha, even tho i have plans to buy a second xbox and get it modded. But anyway, i dont know what it was, but i will keep a close eye on it.

r3lik1
11-09-2005, 02:06 PM
yea i dont have a modded xbox haha, even tho i have plans to buy a second xbox and get it modded. But anyway, i dont know what it was, but i will keep a close eye on it.

its prob. the HDD, i nver heard mine beep....but thats really the only thing that could possibly be making the noise..........

And whatch saying the word, mod(as NOT in Moderator) or modded.......b/c the modd police will yell at you!!

BananaMan
11-09-2005, 02:35 PM
mine beeps everytime i turn it off. and it's not modded. just one quick loud beep.

U.2.K
11-09-2005, 04:17 PM
mine beeps everytime i turn it off. and it's not modded. just one quick loud beep.

Yea i think thats its. Funny thing, i havent heard it before, last night was the first time. I am about play some epsn2k5 in a min or too, and see whats up. I hope my xbox aint dying tho, but if it is, its a import store at the mall around my way that fixes them for 56 bucks.

:cheers:
( Replace beer with kool-aid )