PDA

View Full Version : Guys Meet Jade_Dragonfly!

Kamshaft
11-10-2005, 06:05 PM
I want to introduce you guys to Jade_Dragonfly! She is an official Microsoft rep to answer all you Xbox/Xbox 360 questions! Be kind, be clear, be gentle!

She is the bridge between you, us and Microsoft, and she's here to make sure you are feelin' good about the 360!

So if you ask questions, be clear, and be nice.
Thanks guys!
Stephen

Go420Dawgs
11-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up :)

Jade_Dragonfly
11-10-2005, 06:15 PM
./wave

Thanks Stephen!

Hello! :)

Just wanted to pop in to let you know that I am officially trolling these forums (not that you didn't already know) and perhaps answer a few questions here and there.:)

For those of you who do not know me (which is a lot), I love games, I can say I am addicted to games in my very own way. I enjoy every game genre out there except FPS. While I love them, I simply can not play them. I get motion sickness very easily, and it sucks. :(

Looking forward to interacting with you guys and answer some questions you may have. I do not have all the answers and never will but I will send them higher up to be answered or looked at. :)

---hmmm....avatar seems just a tad too large.lol

Ninjermy
11-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey thats not fair, I'm the western Canada representative here and I don't get an extra large avatar :(

Anyways nice to meet you Jade, hope you enjoy our leetcrazynezz forum of funx0rz!! :cheers:

Brevity
11-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Welcome and I for one am very excited to have you here. Thanks for doing this.

Jade_Dragonfly
11-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Pleasure is all mine. :) /bow

LiquidX
11-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Question one:

How bout getting all us staff members here at XBA free Xbox 360 Premium packs? HA!

Questions two (aka the serious question):

I dont know if It's just me, or just the TV the display Xbox was on at my Wal-Mart, but it seemed like the demos of Call of Duty 2 and King Kong had problems with jaggies. It was like anti-aliasing wasn't even on. So, is the AA not on, are the demo 360's not running at full power, are the graphics just not that great, or is there some other explanation? It just seemed to me like there were way too many jaggies for a next gen console.

Oh and if you have any problems (besidse me begging for a 360) feel free to contact me or any of the other moderators.

ShadedNine
11-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Welcome :)

I have a coupla tech-related questions that could use closure.

First, how will the HD component cables and VGA cables work. Ie: will they be a proprietary plug on one end, with a cable leading right to the TV? Or will it act more like the advanced AV pack for the Xbox where it provides a dongle, allowing me to use my own cables. If it's the former, what will the length of the cables be?

Second, what resolution(s) will the 360 run natively, and will it act as a scaler to convert to any extra resolutions? For instance, it might play and output everything at 720p, relying on the user's TV to up/down-convert the image. It might output at 480p/720/1080i but only by playing the games at 720p and up/down-converting itself, or it perhaps it natively supports all of these like a computer does.

Ghost
11-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Damn shaded, where did you learn all this stuff from?

I got not questions, but im sure other people will help me think of some!

Hero
11-11-2005, 12:07 AM
welcome to xba :cheers:

i have a question...

i know the premium version will come with a 20 gig harddrive. But what i really want to know is will we be able to buy bigger third party harddrives in the future?

laughs
11-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Question one:

How bout getting all us staff members here at XBA free Xbox 360 Premium packs? HA!

Questions two (aka the serious question):

Best question ever! Welcome to the site Jade_Dragonfly, how about hooking me up with a marketing job?...........*An incredibly awkward silence*........... :D Anyway, I'll get back to you with a few questions; Thanks for coming to the site :cheers:

Highlite23
11-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Welcome Jade, and as Steph I'm sure has already said...Thanks for gracing our forums and answering questions from our members it is greatly appreciated.

Now that the obligatory "Can you get us all Xbox 360's" question has been asked I hope we can get some good questions for you while your around.

If there is anything Steph or Myself can do just let one of us know. :)

The floor is now all yours... :cheers:

PS. You should be more comfortable with your avatar now. ;)

icarusfountain
11-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Question: I've read that the 360 is going with the good old DVD9 dual-layer DVD format for its games, rather than making the leap to HD disks (either HD-DDV or Blu-Ray). On the one hand, XBox games typically only took up about 3-3.5 GBs of space on their disks, so the 360 should be able to handle almost 3x as much data on a disk. However, Sony's stance so far has been that they're building the PS3 with Blu-Ray (~50 GB/disk, if I'm not misinformed). How does Microsoft intend to compete with Sony on the HD front, and how will the dramatic difference in media storage space affect cross-platform game creation?

r3lik1
11-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Welcome(for about the 13th time, haha) to XBA....I have a simple question.

In another thread, someone said that they are gonna put a bunch of music on their xbox to be able to play music in the background of the game they are playing. My question is, does the xbox360 have more cache than the first xbox??? B/c It wasn't possible on the first xbox b/c of insufficiant(sp-sorry not a good speller) cache space

****EDIT****
Nevermind....i found the answer...below is quoted from xbox.com

Playlists Standardized
Ripping music to your Xbox® hard drive and using it as a jukebox was innovative. Giving developers the opportunity to employ the playlist features in-game was outstanding. Now, standardizing the practice for every Xbox 360 game is flat-out brilliant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Xbox 360 is very flexible, allowing developers to easily
create complex sounds that tie in with game actions."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No longer will a developer choose whether to include the feature or not. It's out of their hands; Xbox 360 does it for you, so listen to whatever you want, when you want, during any part of any game

Salmonaitor
11-11-2005, 02:43 PM
First off, Welcome Jade-Dragonfly.

Secondly, WOW, you guys are a bunch of NERDS!

Thirdly, HD-DVD and Blue-Ray are very overrated, especially when it comes to gaming. There will be a difference, but you have to pretty perceptive to tell it. Personally, I think it's a non-starter.

Forthly, WOW, you guys are a bunch of NERDS!!

That is all.

Double_Diablo
11-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Question: I've heard of rumours stating that you may transfer files from Xbox 1 to Xbox 360 via ethernet. Is this true?

icarusfountain
11-11-2005, 03:52 PM
First off, Welcome Jade-Dragonfly.

Secondly, WOW, you guys are a bunch of NERDS!

Thirdly, HD-DVD and Blue-Ray are very overrated, especially when it comes to gaming. There will be a difference, but you have to pretty perceptive to tell it. Personally, I think it's a non-starter.

Forthly, WOW, you guys are a bunch of NERDS!!

That is all.

Yes, yes we are.

I agree that its pretty over-rated; however, I can't help thinking that a lot of games that would be cross-platform will become exclusives due to the difference in capacities. I mean, a game that utilizes the size of a Blu-Ray disk would have to be divided across more DVDs than I care to have to swap out during gameplay. Meanwhile, when the next-gen movies hit on whichever media becomes the standard, the 360 won't be able to show them if it lacks an HD disk drive. That's why I ask.

And yes, yes we are.

Salmonaitor
11-11-2005, 04:32 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on Blue-ray. It promises to be the next Betamax, unless some licensing gets loosened up.

lllusion
11-11-2005, 04:55 PM
:hardcore: I have no respect
Yea, I don't... :crying:

icarusfountain
11-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I know. I've been more for HD-DVD. I'm just saying, Sony's current stance is that Blu-Ray will be in PS3, which could pose problems for the industry as a whole since MS doesn't seem to be interested in HD media on the 360.

Jade_Dragonfly
11-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Been busy with BC all day. I'll go back and answer some questions later. I just wanted to bring to your attention that I just saw the list for BC. I think you'll be pretty satisfied with the list.

mattgame
11-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi Jade and welcome. I'm very interested in the question about AA. Good to have you aboard. :)

Jade_Dragonfly
11-11-2005, 07:47 PM
The list is up http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/ in the lower right hand corner. Once the dust settles with BC I'll answer some of your questions. :)

mattgame
11-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Yeah, we got it too. Looks very impressive.

skorp
11-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Thank you for all the help you'll be giving us...

The BC list is good enough for me... Most my games I own are listed except Kung Fu Chaos and Splinter Cell(s)... hehee.

:)

FB-Gollum
11-11-2005, 09:27 PM
The list is up http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/ in the lower right hand corner. Once the dust settles with BC I'll answer some of your questions. :)

THANKGOD!! Kabuki Warriors is BC! Boy am I ever relieved.

FuNkY mOnK
11-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Welcome JD, If the game supports 720p and my tv only supports 480p and 1080i which resolution will it use 480p or 1080i. Thanks.

FuNkY mOnK

Shawn-XBA
11-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks for coming to the site Jade_Dragonfly!

Goku_69
11-13-2005, 10:33 AM
i read some where that for a limited time the 360 premium pack will include the remote. Is this true?

ll Mista GT ll
11-13-2005, 10:53 AM
i read some where that for a limited time the 360 premium pack will include the remote. Is this true?

If you read it, there is a 50% chance that it is true, if you read it from Valid sources, there is a 100% chance. :cheers: So really, yes, it comes with the Universal Media Remote.

laughs
11-13-2005, 11:08 AM

I thought that was the case also, but when I see what's included now, it isn't listed.

ll Mista GT ll
11-13-2005, 11:18 AM
I thought that was the case also, but when I see what's included now, it isn't listed.

I'd better be, or else, I'm not getting mine till a MOJOR price drop happens... 2 games already cost over $120 CAD.... come on.

Plus, I still havent seen a good game demo for the 360... (other than the sega graphics version in my other Xbox 360 interview thread)

I'm hoping though... :confused:

ShadedNine
11-13-2005, 12:55 PM
It appears the remote isn't included. I'm sure I remember seeing it there too...

Ah well, doesn't bother me any. Harmony > any "universal remote".

Shawn-XBA
11-13-2005, 01:06 PM
It is still included for the holidays, but your right, it is not listed on xbox.com as coming with the 360

Jags
11-13-2005, 11:02 PM
lol south park woooooooooo

mattgame
11-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Maybe Jade can clear this up for us.

Marc
11-15-2005, 08:29 AM
So is this wench actually going to answer any questions?

JUST KIDDING! I know she's busy with launch and what not. :) Does the remote work all electronices like home theater receivers?

FuNkY mOnK
11-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Maybe were're asking the wrong questions? Anyway it does'nt surprise me with the boring questions we ask, but while were're here does anyone know if Xbox addict will add a spell checker my brain hurts.

mattgame
11-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Some of us have it already;)

ll Mista GT ll
11-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Yeah... once you pass the 2000 post mark, Matt mad a "bonus system" if you will, that enables Spell Chek (<---) :p

Hurry! Get to 2000! I'm 8 posts away ;)

Salmonaitor
11-16-2005, 10:48 AM
I have a Question Jade Dragonfly. I was under the impression that any Live Enabled game was automatically LAN (System Link) compatible. Is this true? Can you please clarify this for us?

icarusfountain
11-16-2005, 01:33 PM
I get the feeling we've asked too many questions too quickly, and scared her away.

Come back! Please?

hebgbz
11-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Third page and not a single answer. Not good.

Jackyboy
11-16-2005, 05:30 PM
With the new marketplace points, will you have to purchase these or will there be special "events" where you can win them?

When you buy a game from the store, will you still have to purchase extra skins and pictures with marketplace points? Or will they come free?

icarusfountain
11-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Well, I can kind of answer that one: at least with some games (Perfect Dark Zero limited edition comes to mind immediately), the game comes with skins/pictures for further 360 customization. I know the regular PD0 doesn't come with that stuff, so it might be safe to say that it will be the norm that some games will have it, some won't.

What's more, some stuff will be available over the Marketplace that won't be available on game disks, like Penny Arcade's customization stuff available via the Marketplace.

Jags
11-17-2005, 10:03 PM
well this is crap all these wquestions no answers
BUT JADE_DRAGONFLY UR AVITAR ROCKS
south park hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

WOOOOOOOOOO
i made my 200th post :hail: :D :)

killerscott
11-19-2005, 01:46 PM
well this is crap all these wquestions no answers
BUT JADE_DRAGONFLY UR AVITAR ROCKS
south park hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

WOOOOOOOOOO
i made my 200th post :hail: :D :)

Blame Canada :rofl:

mattgame
11-19-2005, 06:15 PM
She'll be here. She's probably busy.

Goku_69
11-20-2005, 12:05 AM
hmmmm thats ok i found my answer u do get a remote with the premium but it's not the universal one

laughs
11-20-2005, 11:47 AM
hmmmm thats ok i found my answer u do get a remote with the premium but it's not the universal one

So you do get the remote? :)

Goku_69
11-20-2005, 03:21 PM
yeah but it only runs the xbox

F1Ox
11-20-2005, 03:29 PM
hello and be asking you alot of questions

bob808
11-20-2005, 11:13 PM
jade's just the kind of woman i need around my place..... stays busy and keeps her mouth shut.

icarusfountain
11-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Not cool...

Rhiannon
11-21-2005, 06:51 PM
jade's just the kind of woman i need around my place..... stays busy and keeps her mouth shut.

nice one...idiot

Marc
11-22-2005, 07:37 AM
That's kinda cool, but kinda wrong all at the same time...

Soda Jones
11-22-2005, 04:10 PM
My question is about the controllers

I understand that you can have to wired controllers and to wireless, how and why was the conclusion made to force people to use wireless if they want more than two people to play. Secondly, what are the solutions to these battery sucking controllers, do they recharge or do we have to keep buying double aa's to play multiplayer...

Frankly I'm not sure people are going to be happy about the fact that they'll have to treat their multiplayer experiences the same way the treat their battery sucking gameboy colors.

laughs
11-22-2005, 04:19 PM
My question is about the controllers

I understand that you can have to wired controllers and to wireless, how and why was the conclusion made to force people to use wireless if they want more than two people to play. Secondly, what are the solutions to these battery sucking controllers, do they recharge or do we have to keep buying double aa's to play multiplayer...

Frankly I'm not sure people are going to be happy about the fact that they'll have to treat their multiplayer experiences the same way the treat their battery sucking gameboy colors.

Answer: plug and charge

mattgame
11-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Is she okay?

Jade_Dragonfly
11-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Wow. I'm surprised that some of you are upset that I haven't answered a single question yet. I thought you'd understand with the launch of the console that it was going to busy and only going to get busier for the next two months. Even with the hectic schedule this job has attached to it, I still make sure that I at least read these forums to see what concerns some of you have and most importantly what issues some of you are experiencing since you’ve received your consoles, so that we may prevent or even solve the issues you are having if any.

There's also huge balancing act to this job as well.
- Spending time reading other forums
- Answering emails
- Generating reports (Hey Lila, I need to know how the community felt X, X and X can you round up some reactions from the community forums?.)
- Answering PMs
- Talking to folks on a 1/1 basis
- Replying to threads

With the release of the console, those of us who are involved in the community have been spending our own time (stayed up till 4AM last night and then back to work at 9AM), not only on the forums but also playing on Xbox Live with community members since the launch of the console.

This weekend, while some of you are enjoying your Thanksgiving weekend, some of us will be home enjoying Thanksgiving but working at he same time.... because gaming communities never sleep. :P

laughs
11-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Sounds like you need help? Microsoft hiring?

Xbox Masta 4
11-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Welcome to XBA Jade!

I am glad you are here. We all appreciate your help, and what you are going to be doing around here. Little things like this mean a lot to us, truely.

Also, I'm sorry for those that may give you trouble around here and give out idiotic comments like whoever did already in this thread. I for one, can understand how busy you can be and respect you for moving out of your busy way to even come on this forum to answer questions and what not. That is awesome!

Thank you.

CallOf2
11-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Welcome Jade

Sorry for the 12 year olds with internet access that don't understand what its like to have responsiblities.... Crap had a question can't remember it anymore :bang:
Guess i'll post it later when I remember

ll Mista GT ll
11-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Holy Crap Jade, your all over the net, Team Xbox, IGN, Here at XBA, Wow. I dont blame you not having enough time. :p

Bmoreforeva
11-28-2005, 02:56 AM
:cuss: some people are idiots. They dont have a job (or a life) for themselves. then they get mad at you when your working and wont answer there questions.

FuNkY mOnK
11-28-2005, 07:57 AM
I know. I've been more for HD-DVD. I'm just saying, Sony's current stance is that Blu-Ray will be in PS3, which could pose problems for the industry as a whole since MS doesn't seem to be interested in HD media on the 360.
The only way blu-ray will thrive is mass addoption and judging by the mass of ps2 owners i see this a reality. Start buying paints with deep pockets.

FuNkY mOnK
11-28-2005, 08:06 AM
:cuss: some people are idiots. They dont have a job (or a life) for themselves. then they get mad at you when your working and wont answer there questions.
I would'nt call them idiots, I beleave they want answers for thier next investment and need answers fast.

Jade_Dragonfly
11-28-2005, 05:14 PM
I would'nt call them idiots, I beleave they want answers for thier next investment and need answers fast.I'm sure everyone has questions and want answers to their questions. It's just a matter of time before either myself or another one of the other community members answers them. We have to use our time wisely.

How much effect is answering one question (1 person happy) as to shutting down recall rumors and solving/providing feedback to the team about broken consoles and the communty's reactions to certain things.

There are lots of things to balance out.

FuNkY mOnK
11-29-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm sure everyone has questions and want answers to their questions. It's just a matter of time before either myself or another one of the other community members answers them. We have to use our time wisely.

How much effect is answering one question (1 person happy) as to shutting down recall rumors and solving/providing feedback to the team about broken consoles and the communty's reactions to certain things.

There are lots of things to balance out.

And the answer will be XBOX 360.