PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, who's gettin it?

mrmp3
11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
This game looked like a guaranteed buy for me for quite some time, but then John Romero left Midway and if you read the latest preview on IGN, you'll see that the in-depth crazy upgrade system on par with Champions of Norrath and Baldur's Gate has been scrapped for upgrading health, mana, and some other bar don't remember what it was. Apparently their studies showed people didn't like all the in-depth upgrading, but to be honest, new direct Sal Divita, he's really more only involved with arcade games so I personally think he couldn't have pulled it off. When you streamline upgrading, it makes it simple but at the same time makes it boring knowing that leveling up doesn't get you new abilities, just an increased mana or HP bar. It still looks like a good solid rental. I'm just curious if anyone is getting this cuz I never see anyone on X-Men Legends 2 and I don't want to get the game and go online again with 0 people playing.

U.2.K
11-11-2005, 12:09 AM
I bought gauntlet on n64 and the dreamcast couple months ago, great game. And i plan to get the rest on xbox as well , so yea i am getting seven sorrows, um when the price drops to 14.99 :)