PDA

View Full Version : Ad enabled 360s?! Great idea IMO.

Brevity
11-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Ad enabled Xbox 360 a possibility?
>> From pro-g.co.uk:

Speaking at the Harris Nesbitt Media & Entertainment Conference Bryan Lee, the chief financial officer of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices subdivision has said how in some markets outside of North America there is a possibility that the cost of the Xbox 360 and its software could be subsidised by advertising. Lee said how Microsoft is already trialling in-game ads.

"[In] markets outside of North America, the fundamentals of our business may not hold," said Lee. "Consumers may not be accustomed to paying $50 for software and buying a $200, $300 or $400 device, an ad model may be a way to augment to kind of make the economics work for everyone."

Um I would love to pay less money and have cans of Pepsi littering my streets in PD0, or great big Walmart billboards in PGR. Bring it to the US I say!
Read More: pro-g.co.uk

Hero
11-10-2005, 07:45 PM
umm...they already do that... take a look at the bestbuy stores in Need for speed underground 2 or the sony erricson sam fischer carries around in splintercell 3...

Brevity
11-10-2005, 08:00 PM
OMG just thought of this:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/BREVITY/victoriasangels.jpg

DOG
11-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Ad enabled Xbox 360 a possibility?
>> From pro-g.co.uk:

Um I would love to pay less money and have cans of Pepsi littering my streets in PD0, or great big Walmart billboards in PGR. Bring it to the US I say!
Read More: pro-g.co.uk
what kinds of ads are you talking about?

Brevity
11-10-2005, 11:43 PM
DOG asking that question while having ads in your sig is like a huge self own. gj gj

It would be great if as you progress in a game you got new ads, cool ads, and ads that once seen would unlock themes based on that ad and or product for your 360 dash. I mean who in the hell wouldnt love a Victoria Secret theme for their xbox? A Mountain Dew, Nike, or Lucky Charms theme would own too. hehe ok maybe not Lucky Charms but by dam I think I need to be working with MS's ideas team.