PDA

View Full Version : old guy needs help finding an xbox game

monkey7
11-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Hello,
Old guy here :cheers: I need some help, I was playing a game with my nephew the other day called X-men Lengends 2: Apocolpyse something or other. Anyways, we both enjoyed being able to play together and had a good time finishing the game. I would like to get a similar game to that one so we can play together again. Any suggestions? There are so many games to look through, I could use the help.
I am looking for a game we can play at the same time, similar top down view, easy to learn (for me), etc... something similar to the xmen game.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Chewy
11-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Monkey, welcome to XBA.

You played #2 in the Xmen series, so if you liked that one, the first one is very similar. I would recommend it for sure.

Marc
11-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Try "The Guy Game."

Ninja Scroll
11-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Go cop dat new 50 Cent: Bulletproof on XBox dat hits store on Nov 22nd, da same day Xbox360 joint drops. Im sure your son will enjoy its educational aspects, and 50 Cents charm. Fiddy loves da kids, and enjoys saving da day from crime. He is a model american for you and your some to look up to. Game is gonna be great.
Once again, thats "50 Cent: Bulletproof" and is gonna be rated E for Everyone!! ;)

CrazyCougar
11-15-2005, 12:13 PM
The Gauntlet series is alot of fun in multiplayer as well as Baulders Gate. Same 3/4 view as you were stating in the Xmen Game.

And Ninja is blowing smoke up your arse about that 5 Dime errr, 2 Quarter, errr 50 penny, err 50 cents dude... The guy may be rich and succeeded in the rap community, but in no way is he or should he be anyone's idol. Unless you are into the gangbanger seen, this fifty cents guys is a moron. The game will be just as filled with low morals as the man himself.

Hero
11-15-2005, 12:19 PM
i think Teenage mutant ninja turtles would be more of what your looking for. Very similar gameplay to the original arcade ...although i havent played the xbox version myself.

sojourner
11-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Welcome to XBA, hope you enjoy! :cheers:

Edit. Try Lord Of the rings-Return of the King, I played it with my nephews and it was a blast. :)

ll Mista GT ll
11-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Welcome to XBA, hope you enjoy! :cheers:

And welcome to you as well. Thanks for checkin' out XBA once again! Enjoy :)

m4oH
11-15-2005, 05:39 PM
I also recomend Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. It has a very similar view and is also one of those games that is fairly easy to pick up and play.

Yellowlab
11-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Fuzion Frenzy is by far and away the game that my 6 year old nephew likes to play with me. It's especially good if you have 4 players. There are a lot of mini games that are mostly top down view and very easy to pick up and play. For example, in the "Sumo" mini game you are placed in a large ball and simply try to push each other off the edge. It's competitive, but is good clean fun that is suitable for all ages.

Another game he just loves is Burnout 3. It's a very fast racing game with spectacular crashes, but very easy for kids as it's tough to go off course. There is a mini-crash game where you can launch yourself into intersections and cause maximum damage. Again... he loves the game, but my only concern was that he started thinking crashes were pretty cool.

Neither FF or B3 are quite like X-Men, but in my experience were fun group activities that both I enjoyed as well as my nephew.

mrmp3
11-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Yea my sister loves Fuzion Frenzy since she was like 7, but I gotta tell yah, I hate the game, I only play it to make her happy.

And yea Burnout 3 or Takedown should bring a smile to any child. I think it's the detailed wrecks that bring a smile across their faces.

Also, Chronicles of Narnia, which is more along the genre of X-Men Legend II (just not as in depth) might be worth a rental at least. Been gettin some pretty decent reviews generally low 8 range.

Salmonaitor
11-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Barbie Hoese Adventures: Wild Horse Rescue
http://www.xboxaddict.com/xba/box_art/699.jpg
It Kicks Butt!!!!

StudioAlex
11-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes

Baldur's Gate

Both Halos and Return to Castle Wolfenstein both have cooperative modes as well.

ShadedNine
11-18-2005, 06:23 PM
I'll put a second notion on the Lord of the Rings titles, and Dungeons & Dragons/Baldur's Gate titles. Both use a similar view, resonably similar combat system, along with a bit of an RPG aspect.

themoosearmy
11-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Dungeons and Dragons-Heroes, great game and almost identical to xmen legends.

DD-KGann
12-14-2005, 12:02 AM
I agree with everyone except the Coin lover of course. I would really agree with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games. Great for younger kids, and fun to play co-op. I have tried the demo out, and it seemed like a good kids game.

Oh who am I kidding...I love that game! : P

Epyx
12-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Go cop dat new 50 Cent: Bulletproof on XBox dat hits store on Nov 22nd, da same day Xbox360 joint drops. Im sure your son will enjoy its educational aspects, and 50 Cents charm. Fiddy loves da kids, and enjoys saving da day from crime. He is a model american for you and your some to look up to. Game is gonna be great.
Once again, thats "50 Cent: Bulletproof" and is gonna be rated E for Everyone!! ;)

:hail: Hail to da gangsta' :rofl: :rofl:

mattgame
01-01-2006, 11:58 PM
So where did you go old guy?

Brutus
01-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Seriously. The games I play with my little brother & Nephew are still HALO & HALO 2. Duh!
Just because he may be young, that's still the coolest thing to us, & since you're an older guy, you'll definitely love it. It's futuristic warfare.
My Dad LOVES Halo & he's 53!!!
Other than that though, a nice, fun & easy game is DOAU! hands down...

realgamer88
01-06-2006, 09:18 AM
you could try like dynasty warriors 3, 4, or 5 you could also try star wars battle front 2 and halo 1 and halo 2 all good co operative games.:cool: