PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello: New Staff Member

AdventChild
11-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself to all of yall. My name is Eric (AdventChild) and it looks like i'm going to be coming on board the staff here at XboxAddict to write Xbox 360 Reviews and Previews along with anything and everything else 360 related, I have been talking to Stephen for a couple days and am very excited about all of this. With the 360 launch just around the corner I am sure you will be hearing from me and reading (hopefully) what I have to say alot in the near future. I will be around the forums and available by e-mail if you want to ask any 360 related questions or just want to shoot the S**T about anything 360 related don't hesitate to shoot me a pm or a e-mail (ultimalaw@gmail.com).

First off a little about myself, I am a recent graduate of Auburn University (Alabama) where i got a BA in criminology with a double minor in computer science and journalism and am currently living in Nashville, TN where i attend law school by night and am a full time paralegal by day. I love gaming and movies and the law (my three passions) so if you have a question about any of those topics I can probably help, otherwise your SOL. For anyone that cares I got engaged last weekend so am very excited about that. More on topic I have been involved with the gaming industry on and off for about 5 years now, have been to E3 three times as well as have had a great time on the past Xbox and look forward to many more years with the 360. As far as what I'm going to pick up on the 22nd (crosses fingers since ive had it preordered and paid in full since july) is as follows: Xbox 360 premium edition (should look great on the 47 inch HD panasonic begging for its presence) and a few games that I can't wait to get my hands on: Condemned, PGR 3, NFS: MW, Kameo (looking at the box right now), COD: 2, Perfect Dark Zero, and NBA Live 2006 are my launch games oh and doa4 (but is delayed til december), hopefully the library will grow by Christmas and I can't wait to let all yall know my thoughts on every game I get a chance to play. Hope that helps you know me a bit better! Anything else?

Shadow20002
11-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Welcome to XBA!!! :)

Nato King
11-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey AdventChild-XBA I am glad to see new faces and people that love the xbox360 as much as I do. I was wondering what else can you say about yourself. Like what you do and are you getting a xbox360 if so what games are you looking to get. something along that line.

Good to have you and like you said I also can't wait to see what your Reviews and previews are like. Also if you can find your way to a wal-mart or best buy and test out the xbox360 and tell us what you think about it. later AdventChild-XBA and see you around the forums I am always here. lol

mattgame
11-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Welcome again.

Brevity
11-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Welcome.

Rhiannon
11-11-2005, 07:15 PM
hello =D Nice to have you aboard!

laughs
11-11-2005, 07:46 PM
As Mattgame said, welcome again man :cheers:

AdventChild
11-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey AdventChild-XBA I am glad to see new faces and people that love the xbox360 as much as I do. I was wondering what else can you say about yourself. Like what you do and are you getting a xbox360 if so what games are you looking to get. something along that line.

Good to have you and like you said I also can't wait to see what your Reviews and previews are like. Also if you can find your way to a wal-mart or best buy and test out the xbox360 and tell us what you think about it. later AdventChild-XBA and see you around the forums I am always here. lol

Sure serg_w,
First off a little about myself, I am a recent graduate of Auburn University (Alabama) where i got a BA in criminology with a double minor in computer science and journalism and am currently living in Nashville, TN where i attend law school by night and am a full time paralegal by day. I love gaming and movies and the law (my three passions) so if you have a question about any of those topics I can probably help, otherwise your SOL. For anyone that cares I got engaged last weekend so am very excited about that. More on topic I have been involved with the gaming industry on and off for about 5 years now, have been to E3 three times as well as have had a great time on the past Xbox and look forward to many more years with the 360. As far as what I'm going to pick up on the 22nd (crosses fingers since ive had it preordered and paid in full since july) is as follows: Xbox 360 premium edition (should look great on the 47 inch HD panasonic begging for its presence) and a few games that I can't wait to get my hands on: Condemned, PGR 3, NFS: MW, Kameo (looking at the box right now), COD: 2, Perfect Dark Zero, and NBA Live 2006 are my launch games oh and doa4 (but is delayed til december), hopefully the library will grow by Christmas and I can't wait to let all yall know my thoughts on every game I get a chance to play. Hope that helps you know me a bit better! Anything else?

skorp
11-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

ShadedNine
11-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Welcome :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here. This site has a great staff, and I'm glad to see their numbers expanded by one more. Congrats to you and the lucky lady too.

I'm one of the resident tech-heads at XBA, but you seem to be pre-equipped in the TV department (if a little small, j/k ). How's your sound system? ;)

Oh, and just posting your TV make and size doesn't cut it, we need model numbers :D

FB-Gollum
11-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Welcome. Uh, that's all I guess. Oh yeah, I utterly envy your launch day line up and loook forward to your reviews.

Whisper
11-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Another staff member to consume and brainwash for my evil bidding. Muwhahahaa.aaaaa....1

Nato King
11-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Sure serg_w,

Not bad at all, Not bad at all. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Go420Dawgs
11-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Welcome aboard. I thought i had a good list of games. But nothing compared to everything your gettin . Anyways cheers :cheers:

Shawn-XBA
11-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Welcome to XBA!

Slowride
11-15-2005, 10:45 PM
My dad and cousin both graduated from Auburn, so i've always been a fan. Up until I went to Texas Tech they were my favorite. In fact if Tech beats Oklahoma this weekend they could be playing Auburn in the Cotton bowl, pending the Iron Bowl outcome and LSU. God I love the iron bowl.

Guns Up.
War Eagle.

Ninjermy
11-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Welcome new staffer!

:cheers:

Imperius
11-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the Xbox 360 family and to Xbox Addict. I myself have only been here for a short time as well, but I've learned alot. One thing I've learned is that When it comes to Xbox 360, everyone here at the site are family. And of course, there are those 3,000,000 cousins we don't know or see very often. :p

Of course, the family can have its problems as well, hence my little situation with my local EB. See my thread for more details, its one of my 4, so you can't miss it LOL.

Either way, I'm getting mine! LOL

Anywhow, welcome and enjoy the privledge and constant annoyance of being staff :p Just kiddin!

Best Regards,

Brian

Goku_69
11-16-2005, 09:35 AM
welcome to XbA!