PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why your upgrading?

AdventChild
11-11-2005, 11:55 PM
I am doing some reserch and was just wondering what other gamer's that are loyal xbox fans reasons are for upgrading to the 360 and willing to spend the massive money to get one? Thanks for any answers and feel free to go into as much detail as possible. . .

Ninjermy
11-11-2005, 11:57 PM
We upgrade because all the games are upgrading. Everyone always wants to play the latest and greatest games and well really the only way to do that is through the new systems that come out.

Slam Dunker
11-12-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm upgrading because i want to start playing live on the 360, and because all the new games are comming out on it.

I am however disappointed that not every Xbox game will be backwards compatible and hope that all or most of my games will be playable on the 360.

SoundX
11-12-2005, 02:26 PM
It’s hard to explain why I’m upgrading. I don’t have HDTV, I don’t have 5.1 surround sound and I probably won’t even get Xbox Live for at least another year.

Well first of all I think with all the hype surrounding HD, people forget how much smarter characters/enemies are going to be, games won’t just look better, they’ll feel more realistic and authentic (for the developers who actually use its capabilities that is). Obviously better visuals don’t put me off the system, but they’re not the main reason I’m getting an X360. So raw power is certainly one reason.

Games of course; Perfect Dark Zero, Call of Duty 2, Kameo – the inevitable Halo 3. You can’t say no to that lot.

The multimedia features are a lot more usable now. Although technically it doesn’t do much more than an Xbox, the system and menu certainly mean it’s going to be much more fun storing/streaming pictures, music, video and so forth.

The pad is also a great reason for me. Drive by’s will finally be possible on San Andreas, and generally controls are going to be much more comfortable this time around. The ring of light is a great idea; I love that you can bring up the 360 menu at any given time whatever your doing. Wireless is also going to be awesome. They’re small ideas, but they’ll pay off big time.

I guess those are my main reasons.

laughs
11-12-2005, 03:25 PM
What Ninjermy said.

ShadedNine
11-12-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm upgrading because I find the Xbox sorely underpowered and aging. I'm a computer gamer, but I'm also a console gamer, and I need both...but when my computer starts to badly overpower my console, I get annoyed. Also, 480p doesn't look so hot on the big screen.

On top of that, I love to have the latest and greatest tech-toys, and this counts as one.

Jags
11-12-2005, 10:17 PM
halooooooo lllllllllllllllll HHHHHHHHHH lllllllllllllllll halooooooo
halooooooo lllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll O lllllllllllllllll halooooooo
halooooooo lllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll O lllllllllllllllll halooooooo
halooooooo lllllllllllllllll AAAAAAAAAAA lllllllllllllllll halooooooo
halooooooo lllllllllllllllll LLLLLLLLLLLLL lllllllllllllllll halooooooo
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

GOD DAMN IT ARGHHHHHHHH :bang: THE MIDDLE BIT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A 3

:crying:

---------> halo 3

Edit #5: i think i fixed it :p

Bakeman
11-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Tech Geek that likes to have the latest and greatest sorta like Shaded.

And now that I'm new to the HDTV scene, I realize that 480p isn't that great and I will welcome 720p with open arms (The Warriors is the only game I have on xbox that does 720p)

And games like Doom 3, Half-Life 2, FEAR all looks WAY better then anything on xbox. So like Shaded playing the xbox and pc you get kinda annoyed/frustrated/bored/etc with playing crappy looking xbox games. Madden has soo many jaggies on a LCD screen :( 480p just doesn't cut it.

hebgbz
11-13-2005, 04:20 PM
What Shaded said. I too play both pc and consoles and I almost can't stand to play my xbox anymore after playing FEAR, Quake4, and Call of Duty 2 on my pc. Graphics are just so superior that the games just seem lame afterward.

So, I will get the 360 simply because it has graphics to match a really good pc and because I am not spending the money anymore on upgrading a PC. Just ain't doing it.

Jags
11-13-2005, 10:38 PM
yeh and wat u guys said about the 780 something...

Jackyboy
11-14-2005, 08:37 PM
my pc sucks and the 360 is coming out near christmas....

and my mom is buying it for me

Imperius
11-14-2005, 08:47 PM
You want to know why I'm upgrading.

Because my xbox is faster than my own $3000 computer. Nuff Said.

:nightmare

LOL

l Maximus l
11-14-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm upgrading because of the latest games are coming...better video quality and emphasis in HDTV (and 5.1 DD SS). Wireless is sweet, too...especially having a DLP Projector.

ShadedNine
11-14-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm upgrading because of the latest games are coming...better video quality and emphasis in HDTV (and 5.1 DD SS). Wireless is sweet, too...especially having a DLP Projector.

And hopefully we'll see 100% support for surround sound now. Not just certain cutscenes or other trivial scripted sounds coming out the rear channels. I want sound that responds to camera movements. I'm thinking we'll get that now that Sony will be releasing an up to par system, so it will be supported across all platforms.

AdventChild
11-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Great stuff, I am writing an article for post on the main page on Wed. and may even quote a couple of your comments, keep em coming.....

swivel
11-15-2005, 06:30 AM
And hopefully we'll see 100% support for surround sound now. Not just certain cutscenes or other trivial scripted sounds coming out the rear channels. I want sound that responds to camera movements. I'm thinking we'll get that now that Sony will be releasing an up to par system, so it will be supported across all platforms.

Good point. The best gaming experience I've had in a long, long time was playing FEAR recently in 5.1 EAX. The sound was the highlight of that game for me.

Being ultra-dork, I stopped partway through the game to mount my rear speakers to a board screwed into the back of my leather office swivel-chair. So the rear speakers are 18 inches or so from my ears, and my front and center speakers about 24 inches.

I'm more of a sound geek now than the video slut I used to be.

Marc
11-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Because I can.

ShadedNine
11-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Good point. The best gaming experience I've had in a long, long time was playing FEAR recently in 5.1 EAX. The sound was the highlight of that game for me.

Being ultra-dork, I stopped partway through the game to mount my rear speakers to a board screwed into the back of my leather office swivel-chair. So the rear speakers are 18 inches or so from my ears, and my front and center speakers about 24 inches.

I'm more of a sound geek now than the video slut I used to be.

Sound can indeed make more of a difference than many people are willing to admit, though I still find myself uneasy paying more for my sound system than my video system, I like to keep both in balance. I wasn't a big fan of FEAR (the scary parts were too safe, the unsafe parts weren't scary, I quickly learned that the fuzzy effect on the screen meant I just had to sit through the next coupla scripted events, then back to shooting stuff)...anyway, I agree that the audio was it's saving grace in that sense, and the only thing that kept the game from being a rather mindless shooter.

I also never figured out how I could shoot 3 footlong metal poles into someone's forehead without making them flinch, then suddenly pin them to wall 5 feet behind them with the 4th (and mysteriously see the other 3 protruding from their face after).