PDA

View Full Version : The 360: [Dis]&[cussed]

ll Mista GT ll
11-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Well, I took an hour out of my day, and decided to gey a drive to good ol' Futureshop. As soon as i walk in, I see LOTS of 360 banners, naturally, I know the Kiosks are here. FINALLY, they are.

When I walked up to play it, some guy was watching game movies and previews (amazing). He looked amazed, but sad at the same time (I guess he wasn't going to get it :() He said that there was only game demos for Kameo and Call of Duty 2. TERRIBLE. Even with the beautiful Samsung HDTVs IT SUCKED . Kameo was just discusting. Splinter Cell: Chaos theory for Xbox is 5x better. No joke. Jaggies galore. My dad happened to pop by, and said that Super Mario 64 on Nintendo had the equivelent graphics. No joke. I was very shocked. As for gameply, I'd have to rate it 7/10, it starts off slowly. Graphics = 6/10 CRAP

Call of Duty 2 was better. I liked the way that the character popped out of the screen. It's tough though to see weather it's the power of the 360, or the HDTV. Still, jaggies, but not as bad as Kameo. It's cool how there is an "friendly fire safety feature" you cant shoot at your team (very usefull). As the battle began, THE GANE IS SOOOO INTENSE! It was very enjoying to play against the other team. It was hard to get to know the controller though. I wanted to reach for the start button, but insead there was an empty space. The black and white buttons as well are replaced by the shoulder triggers. (It's tough to get used to, but very comfy) Graphics = 8.5/10
Gameplay = 9/10

Now, I really hope that this was just the suckiness of the game demo, because I really felt dissapointed about it. IT HAS 3 3.2 Ghz Processors people! Even if it's true that the first games are single threaded, IT"S USING 3.2 Ghz. The Xbox uses 775 Mhz, and the graphics are godly. I was very dissapointed. The final games, had better be good, or i will seriously sell it, and keep my Xbox.

The controller was great. It's half the weight, and the rumble feels good. I love how it is shaped perfectly to your hands. You never get tired of holding it. The guide button is very neat, it doesn't even interrupt the gameplay. Very sleek. I liked the ring of light, and the color of the controller. 1010

The actually Dashboard was cool too. I just wish that there was a demo to try out the media, and Xbox Live. Dashboard = 9/10

For the graphics, I really have to agree on LynxFX's post after he came back from the Microsoft VIP thingy. Not too impressed.

I could really write a lot more, but i gotta go eat :p Hope you enjoyed my Review of the Xbox 360. Rock on! :hardcore:

laughs
11-12-2005, 04:36 PM
My dad happened to pop by, and said that Super Mario 64 on Nintendo had the equivelent graphics. No joke. I was very shocked. As for gameply, I'd have to rate it 7/10, it starts off slowly. Graphics = 6/10 CRAP

Pop by... Gave me a ride and held my hand while I played the games... Same thing I guess :p

Mwright
11-12-2005, 04:38 PM
wow...well i find you wrong on most of that. i played king kong on my demo and it looks better than anything iv seen before....now the only reason you think that the graphics dont look good is because sony is doing a hell of a good job at showing us fake movies that the ps3 could never do. if that wasnt true dont you think they would have allowed vips to play it or the press to. Those games you played werent even finished...its not if the 360 has enough power to make the games good its up to the developers....the 360 has more than enough power to keep every1 happy 4 the next generation

ll Mista GT ll
11-12-2005, 05:19 PM
wow...well i find you wrong on most of that.

How am I wrong. It's my opinion. Have you played Kameo and COD 2? What are you even including the PS3 in this for? I play the games, I dont watch movies b/c you can never really know if they are in-game or just rendered. I have never watched any Sony conole movie... ever. Not that i'm against them, but i just see my sticking to Microsoft and Xbox. I never even thought of comparing a Movie, to actual gameplay.

Those games you played werent even finished...

Also, I don't understand how in the right mind people would put crappy half assed demos on the market. If It doesn't impress people, they'd might as well keep it off the market, because will get the wrong impression, like me.

its not if the 360 has enough power to make the games good its up to the developers....the 360 has more than enough power to keep every1 happy 4 the next generation

I know, the 360 will have enough power for another 5 years. It's actually over kill. 3.2 GHz is still more than sufficient. They are just trying to sell people this thing b/c of it's "amazing specs", that's what I think.

wow...

WOW, (size 7 pawns you :p)

Let's not make this into one of those Halo 2 debate threads, people. :hardcore: :)

Mwright
11-12-2005, 06:25 PM
yea well im not worried.... i just dont want this console to fail which it wont...but if the 360 would ever fail sony would this market......and nintendo well, we should just hope this isnt there last console because thats what its shaping up to look like.....and in this gen. being less powerful system was better... game makers like making games on the less powerful system because its easier to understand and some of them are coming out and saying the ps3 is too hard to "break down".

TheCovenant
11-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Well, I took an hour out of my day, and decided to gey a drive to good ol' Futureshop. As soon as i walk in, I see LOTS of 360 banners, naturally, I know the Kiosks are here. FINALLY, they are.

When I walked up to play it, some guy was watching game movies and previews (amazing). He looked amazed, but sad at the same time (I guess he wasn't going to get it :() He said that there was only game demos for Kameo and Call of Duty 2. TERRIBLE. Even with the beautiful Samsung HDTVs IT SUCKED . Kameo was just discusting. Splinter Cell: Chaos theory for Xbox is 5x better. No joke. Jaggies galore. My dad happened to pop by, and said that Super Mario 64 on Nintendo had the equivelent graphics. No joke. I was very shocked. As for gameply, I'd have to rate it 7/10, it starts off slowly. Graphics = 6/10 CRAP

Call of Duty 2 was better. I liked the way that the character popped out of the screen. It's tough though to see weather it's the power of the 360, or the HDTV. Still, jaggies, but not as bad as Kameo. It's cool how there is an "friendly fire safety feature" you cant shoot at your team (very usefull). As the battle began, THE GANE IS SOOOO INTENSE! It was very enjoying to play against the other team. It was hard to get to know the controller though. I wanted to reach for the start button, but insead there was an empty space. The black and white buttons as well are replaced by the shoulder triggers. (It's tough to get used to, but very comfy) Graphics = 8.5/10
Gameplay = 9/10

Now, I really hope that this was just the suckiness of the game demo, because I really felt dissapointed about it. IT HAS 3 3.2 Ghz Processors people! Even if it's true that the first games are single threaded, IT"S USING 3.2 Ghz. The Xbox uses 775 Mhz, and the graphics are godly. I was very dissapointed. The final games, had better be good, or i will seriously sell it, and keep my Xbox.

The controller was great. It's half the weight, and the rumble feels good. I love how it is shaped perfectly to your hands. You never get tired of holding it. The guide button is very neat, it doesn't even interrupt the gameplay. Very sleek. I liked the ring of light, and the color of the controller. 1010

The actually Dashboard was cool too. I just wish that there was a demo to try out the media, and Xbox Live. Dashboard = 9/10

For the graphics, I really have to agree on LynxFX's post after he came back from the Microsoft VIP thingy. Not too impressed.

I could really write a lot more, but i gotta go eat :p Hope you enjoyed my Review of the Xbox 360. Rock on! :hardcore:

yea there have been complains about poeple setting up the system wrong. You played a broken version, basically. They set the hd settings incorrectly at your store, making everything look like dreamcast games. No worry though, nov. 22nd is almost among us, and then you can see the real graphics. ALthough, i reccomend you do a lil research before making such a claim.

Lucky for me, matrix maul works at best buy and is very techno savvy, therefore i get to play at the kiosk, at its full potential, with less than a 5 minute drive. wort wort.

Ninjermy
11-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Just imagine the games that will be out in 2006 and 2007 for the 360.... mind blowing.

Remember, when the xbox first came out the only awesome game was really halo1 and the other games were comparible to previous generations as well.

Don't expect to see the 360's full power first week its out, it takes years mang.

TheCovenant
11-13-2005, 02:15 AM
oh yea, in case you didn't beleive me.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27459

swivel
11-13-2005, 06:59 AM
If it takes years to reach a system's potetential, then why rush out and buy a new system? Why aren't we getting better XBox games instead? By the time the potential of the XBox2 is tapped, we will be buying the XBox3.

Such a silly system.

odpr
11-13-2005, 07:35 AM
I really can not see what the rush to buy that thing, I would have wiatied until the Ps new console will hit the market, see if sony is lieing or telling the truth (becuase sif it does Microsoft can close the shop..)
and then decide..
what the rush ?

ll Mista GT ll
11-13-2005, 09:49 AM
oh yea, in case you didn't beleive me.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27459

No man,, I had to believe you the first time you said it, there was just NO WAY in hell the graphics could have been that terrible. Thank you for the link :cheers: