PDA

View Full Version : Peter Jackson's King Kong

Mwright
11-12-2005, 04:46 PM
i played this game at ebgames today and I was totally surprised. I looked at the pictures online of this game and i thought it looked like it wasnt a leap in the way the game looks. The whole time i was playing this game i just kept telling myself im trading my Call of Duty 2 pre-order in for this game. The voice acting was great and it just look so F&*King good. The only bad thing is that it can get pretty dark sometimes and that the black guy would never give you his gun after he asked you if you wanted it. i have a feeling this is gonna be the game no1 thought was good and turns out to be one of the better lauch titles. :hardcore: and for those of you who dont think the 360 is a jump from the xbox...just look at this right here.. (http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=King_Kong_Xbox_vs_Xbox360.jpg) on the left is the xbox and on the right is the 360....the game isnt even finished yet YAY

laughs
11-12-2005, 05:02 PM
So maybe this over Kameo now....OMG! What do I do?

Mwright
11-12-2005, 06:26 PM
No im just saying you might want to think about picking this up on day one because i kno most people are thinking about doing that

Shawn-XBA
11-12-2005, 09:40 PM
I read a review earlier and they said it seemed like you were watching a movie, however this is what they said:

It feels completely on-rails, and though it's amazingly lavish it's also achingly linear; for an expedition team, there's absolutely zero freedom for exploration
Link to article (http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=639837)

This is a review for the xbox version though, so I hope with the power of the xbox 360 it will be more free roaming.

Mwright
11-13-2005, 01:21 AM
its gonna be a really good game

greg756
11-13-2005, 04:12 PM
im not sure how good it will be but compared to the pc demo i have and the 360 demo i played at the videogame/fishbait/grocery store know as walmart there is a signifigant difference..for one look at the rain...it distorts the imagie behing each raindrop....impressive and the trex looks like well like a trex not that blocky thing i shot at on the pc demo...and the lighting is better but despite the visual update...it plays the same and its not bad but im not too interested in it out side of its graphics...im looking into condemned...for those who played fear on the pc might know what i mean

CharlieHustle
11-13-2005, 04:55 PM
I played it at compusa yesterday and i feel in love with it on the 360.. The atmosphere was there, and, even though i didnt have an idea of what to do... The graphics was great, and when i did meet the t rex, the sound was incredible. when it roared, there was a killer ringing round in the foreground and everything else was background noise. I fell in love with the demo. I gotta get this game.

Heavens Gate
11-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Great graphics does not a great game make.

Mwright
11-13-2005, 05:22 PM
well the game is good too... the demo i played was soo much fun i couldnt get enough of playing as king kong and it felt like you were in the movie

Jags
11-13-2005, 10:31 PM
yeh u know wat iv been noticing that the pics they have of the games arnt very good
they have to give us some high def pics to make us go :yikes: OMFGGGGGGGG OMMMMMFFFFFFFFFG

FB-Gollum
11-14-2005, 03:45 AM
Those pics do the game no justice. It's mindblowing. Anyhoo, I do keep asking myself "How much did I really like the game? How much of my reaction was based around my 'shock and awe' at the visuals"? To be honest, in retrospect, I didn't play enough of the game to really know. I was too busy tripping out on the scenery.

SamSmith
11-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I know, I went to gamestop the other day and only played COD2 and Kameo.. I saw that this was an option to play, but didnt bother until the end. Wow, was a surprised.. I had thought it was a typical multi-format movie tie in, it looks amazing! I didnt get much further that the dinosaur eating me, but from what i saw i was impressed.

laughs
11-14-2005, 05:03 PM
I know, I went to gamestop the other day and only played COD2 and Kameo.. I saw that this was an option to play, but didnt bother until the end. Wow, was a surprised.. I had thought it was a typical multi-format movie tie in, it looks amazing! I didnt get much further that the dinosaur eating me, but from what i saw i was impressed.

So out of the games you played, would this be your fav?

Jackyboy
11-14-2005, 07:59 PM
everyone download the pc demo, get ur own opinion on this game.

personally, i really hated it

Mwright
11-14-2005, 08:03 PM
everyone download the pc demo, get ur own opinion on this game.

personally, i really hated it
NO DO NOT DO THAT....i have played the pc demo and the xbox 360 verisons and i would have to say that the 360 is atleast 10x better. do not judge this game on the pc demo...go play the 360 demo or just pick it up on the 22nd....trust me you wont be mad.

mattgame
11-14-2005, 08:10 PM
I enjoyed playing it also. I may get it but COD is a must for me.

SamSmith
11-15-2005, 12:24 AM
So out of the games you played, would this be your fav?

Im not sure, i really didnt get enough time to see what it was like as a game, but from what i saw i was impressed... I will definatly be trying it, may get it if it has some replay value too.

l Maximus l
11-15-2005, 01:09 AM
I'll rent it and then base my experience with the game to determine a worthy purchase or not. By the way, that side by side image was freakin' sick...The X360 version looks kick ass!

Mwright
11-15-2005, 06:12 PM
yea its can not wait...less than one week now