PDA

View Full Version : Run, don't walk to the Xbox launch

Devil May Cry
08-07-2001, 02:26 AM
http://resident-evil.bla-bla.com/ubbfile/avatar/up-men-00535.jpg

Thats for Sheamus Blackley's big mouth!

"The X-box will have three times better graphics than the PS2 and Gamecube"

"We at MS are confident that we can take out the competition with a breeze."

Give me a break.Why don't you get some killer-apps in your line-up.

SkullMasterX
08-07-2001, 03:48 AM
PS2 had a killer launch line up? Let me see how hell no!! Xbox is a killer app alone that will kill PS2 and with games like Halo, Project Gotham Racing,Air force Delta,Madden 2002, Sega Gt, Oddworld, Bloodwake,Jet set radio future, New Legends, Slient Hill 2 director cut, Apmed, Nfl Fever and much more Xbox will sale just fine. All i have to say is enjoy your fun with PS2 games this fall because i like to see what PS2 will have next year. PSX is cool, but PS2 sucks!! Oh yeah that fat man is not funny and Sony bashed Xbox way more.

PhantomAphex
08-07-2001, 09:59 AM
Miyazaki..... what you need is a girlfriend.... and about 3 or 4 hours in front of some footage and screenshots of some of the titles you overlooked?

Battlefield 1942?

WWF Raw Is War? (Tell me Smackdown 3 looks better, and your opinion doesn't count from this day forward)

UFC: Tapout?

And come on!! Why do we need another football game? Why is Madden revised every single year? Why are the NBA, NHL and MLB franchises revised every year? Quit hating on my Box. You're just mad because you bought a PS2.

SSJKulilin
08-07-2001, 11:17 AM
how is oddworld a joke?

SkullMasterX
08-07-2001, 04:53 PM
These Xbox haters have no life. Let me see about GameCube.

Super Smash Bros. Meele' Played the first on on N64. Wow new charcters.

Star Fox: Dinosaur planet: Wow another one of Nintendo 11 year old charcters.

Rouge Squardon 2: Played the first one on N64.

Luigi Mansion: Just another dumb young kiddie game and Oddworld will be way better.

Batman: Wow Batman is back again.

Kobe Bryant Nba courtside 2002: This game suck ass and its another basketball game. I'll stick with Nba Live 2002 and NBA2K2 on Xbox.

This is all the games that are only on GameCube launch list Cool huh? Yeah right.

SkullMasterX
08-07-2001, 05:01 PM
Let me see your games u said. Halo a sci fi shooter. The most wanted Xbox game. Odworld is not a Sony 1st party game now it will be great with Microsoft watching it. Amped has way more features then others read up on it sometime. SSX:Tricky is also on Xbox too. DOA 3 my favorite fighting series that will blow all games away. People will look at it and be like WOW. Tony Hawk pro Skater 2x will have better graphics and more features making it better the THP2. THP3 will also be on Xbox. NFL Fever 2002 another great football game to choose from and Madden 2002, NFL2K2 and ESPN NFL Primetime are on Xbox. A Star war game will also help and it will make the PS2 version look dumb and u can also get Star Wars: Obi wan for xbox too. Then there WWF RAW IS war that will make WWFfans happy. You can't go wrong with Xbox and even Nintensity a Nintendo site said Xbox will sell more consoles the GameCube.

Koopa
08-07-2001, 05:09 PM
Sorry to have to collide head on with some of your opinions....lets see...

Nintensity is regarded by many for lots of bad articles and as a site that makes many untrue assumptions. If it were really a good site I'm assuming it'd be alot more popular. I personally havent heard of it till they published that article.

As for the launch games...we could sit aruond saying "Halo is just another shooter!" "SSB2 is a rehash!" "<sarcasm>Amped, another snowboarder, great </sarcasm>." "Rogue Squadron 2, I already played it on N64." but really, I can assume that all the "rehashes" and sequels have SOME redeeming qualities. I dont know alot, admittedly, about Halo but its highly anticipated and I'm sure it has good features. SSB2 has new moves, stages, weapons, characters, gameplay additions, etc. Miyazuki and SkullmasterX are perfect examples of looking at one thing from two angles and refusing to try and see it from the other viewpoint. You look at only the negatives and cover your eyes toward positive aspects of ...um...."enemy" consoles.

Miyazaki-san
08-07-2001, 06:35 PM
PhantomAphex-

what you need is a girlfriend....

Not really. I'm getting married soon.

and about 3 or 4 hours in front of some footage and screenshots of some of the titles you overlooked?

Ok.

Battlefield 1942?

Never heard of it, sounds like a game that's coming to the PC.

WWF Raw Is War?

Oh my God! Another wrestling game! The joy. :rolleyes:

(Tell me Smackdown 3 looks better, and your opinion doesn't count from this day forward)

Smackdown 3?

UFC: Tapout?

Uh. :confused:

And come on!! Why do we need another football game? Why is Madden revised every single year? Why are the NBA, NHL and MLB franchises revised every year?

We don't need a sports game which only has new characters, and new levels.

Quit hating on my Box. You're just mad because you bought a PS2.

Here we go with the stupid assumptions. I don't have a Playstation 2.

SSJKulilin-

how is oddworld a joke?

Look at how many copies it sold.

SkullMasterX-

These Xbox haters have no life.

These Gamecube haters have no life.

Super Smash Bros. Meele' Played the first on on N64. Wow new charcters.

Wow, new defense system. Wow, new modes of gameplay. Wow, new one player mode.

Star Fox: Dinosaur planet: Wow another one of Nintendo 11 year old charcters.

You keep proving your stupidity time, and time again. Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet is nothing like the original Star Fox games.

Rouge Squardon 2: Played the first one on N64.

Luigi Mansion: Just another dumb young kiddie game and Oddworld will be way better.

Who's acting like a kid, now? And if Oddworld will be SO much better, tell us why.

Batman: Wow Batman is back again.

Kobe Bryant Nba courtside 2002: This game suck ass and its another basketball game. I'll stick with Nba Live 2002 and NBA2K2 on Xbox.

Why? Both of those basketball games are 'just more basketball games.' You make funny contradictions.

This is all the games that are only on GameCube launch list Cool huh? Yeah right.

Hmm?

Let me see your games u said.

Do you have to make a new topic just for this?

Halo a sci fi shooter. The most wanted Xbox game.

Ok, how does this make it different from any other first-person shooter.

Odworld is not a Sony 1st party game now it will be great with Microsoft watching it.

Oddworld will never be great, even if was being made by Nintendo.

Amped has way more features then others read up on it sometime.

Like?

SSX:Tricky is also on Xbox too.

SSX: Tricy will also be on the Gamecube.

DOA 3 my favorite fighting series that will blow all games away.

Soul Calibur 2, which may not even make it to the Xbox, will blow Dead or Alive away.

. People will look at it and be like WOW.

People will look at Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader and say "Wow!"

Tony Hawk pro Skater 2x will have better graphics

Oh, goodie. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater characters, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 tricks, levels, and characters, plus prettier graphics.

and more features making it better the THP2.

Like?

THP3 will also be on Xbox.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 will also be on the Gamecube.

NFL Fever 2002 another great football game to choose from

Why? Oh yeah, my bad. It's made by Microsoft. :rolleyes:

and Madden 2002, NFL2K2 and ESPN NFL Primetime are on Xbox.

Madden 2002 and NFL 2K2 will also be on the Gamecube. But who needs all these football games? Most of them are the same with a different name.

A Star war game will also help and it will make the PS2 version look dumb

With it's prettier graphics, eh?

and u can also get Star Wars: Obi wan for xbox too.

What is that?

Then there WWF RAW IS war that will make WWFfans happy.

Another wrestling game, sheesh. Oh, we'll be seeing WWF Wrestlemania on the Gamecube.

You can't go wrong with Xbox and even Nintensity a Nintendo site said Xbox will sell more consoles the GameCube.

Nintensity, who cares about them. They've made to many stupid comments in the past to be taken seriously.

Koopa-

Miyazuki and SkullmasterX are perfect examples of looking at one thing from two angles and refusing to try and see it from the other viewpoint. You look at only the negatives and cover your eyes toward positive aspects of ...um...."enemy" consoles.

Actually, I really don't see anything new from the Xbox's launch list. The future titles may be good, Project Ego, etc. But the 2001 releases don't look that great.

SkullMasterX
08-07-2001, 08:10 PM
You sure love to quote people. You don't even know the whole story about Oddworld so u need to shut up. Oddwrold been in devolpement since Xbox was announced. Many people at E3 said Oddworld look good and Halo is a sci fi shooter. When u ever saw that and u can battle inside, outside, with a team, and play againsht your friends and many features You are comparing Xbox games with games on other console, but te fact that they are on Xbox makes it good for me. Microsoft also didn't announced a launch list yet. Anyway i know Xbox has killer games on the way. The have every type of games comimg out for it. I know Halo, Oddworld and DOA3 will kick major ass.You don't even know about Star Wars: Obi wan, but i know about all GameCube games. Anyway u can hate on Xbox because i know it will do well and Devil May Cry i'll get GameCube over that stupid console Sony call a PS2 anyday. Also how can u say SC2 will blow DOA 3 away? I know because DOA 3 is on Xbox. GameCube wwf don't come out to next year. Anyway i don't see any GameCube launch titles that cought my eye and Nintendo has a launch list.

SSJKulilin
08-07-2001, 09:01 PM
wow, so if a game doesn't sell well it's a joke?

guess i'd better get rid of Jet Grind Radio... damn, and that was one of my favorite games too...

ThomasHun
08-08-2001, 07:51 AM
http://www.esperonline.com/ubb/pity.gif

thedrisc
08-08-2001, 10:30 AM
Yawns!!!