PDA

View Full Version : New Legends?

thunderkiss2k1
02-20-2002, 09:32 PM
Did anyone besides me get New Legends? If so , what do ya think of it?

thunderkiss2k1
02-20-2002, 10:46 PM
Let's see, where do I start? It has crappy controls, crappy graphics, and just generally shows that THQ knows nothing about making games or taking advantage of the XBOX's capabilities. Don't even waste your money renting this piece of crap BigT.

JADE8704
02-20-2002, 10:47 PM
hey thunderkiss...whats the game about? wasn't it like one of the first games to appear on xbox when they first unveiled it? i was really looking forward to this game...how would you rate it?

zanner
02-20-2002, 11:21 PM
I got it, it ain't THAT bad.. It's solid, i haven't got deep into the gameplay with all the different weapons but I've got a little ways so far. Controls aren't that crappy, they're the regular move with analog and use x and b to swing or use weapons in left and right hand, a to jump, y to block and two buttons at same time to do specials. White button uses objects, black button brings up inventory. How are simple controls like that considered crappy? I don't get it. Anyways, it kept me playing for about 2 hours so far. I'm not saying that it is uber l337 and that you should rush to the store to buy it, but if you were planning on buying it, go ahead and get it, it's not super duper stuff but it's solid enough.

Caspel
02-21-2002, 05:18 AM
I have New Legends and I will be posting the review up tonight. Its a really fun game. Its better then both Azurik and Nightcaster. Its as fun as Genma Onimusha, if not even more fun.

Spaztic
02-21-2002, 09:41 AM
the problem with that game is it only has 6-8 hrs of gameplay. Definatly a rental!

studepaber
02-21-2002, 01:22 PM
I am not crazy about this button masher, the controls seem half-assed and the enemy AI is the same with all of the enemies, this one dissappoints me on more than one level.

DaRk BLaDE
02-21-2002, 02:09 PM
read the review from gamespot.com ......it doesn't seem that good

Highlite23
02-22-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Caspel-XBA
I have New Legends and I will be posting the review up tonight. Its a really fun game. Its better then both Azurik and Nightcaster. Its as fun as Genma Onimusha, if not even more fun.

This game is far from being better than Genma Onimusha, in every aspect , gameplay, story, graphics, sound, etc...my only knock on Genma is the lack of analog use for movement. I'm sure some will like New Legends, but i would rent before purchase or at least hang on to your receipt. My 2 cents.

VAN
02-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Caspel-XBA
I have New Legends and I will be posting the review up tonight. Its a really fun game. Its better then both Azurik and Nightcaster.

To say that this game is better than Azurik and Nightcaster is not saying much. It would be akin to saying that a Pinto is better than a Yugo. Sure it's better, but it is still a pile-o-poop. :D

Masterchief1018
02-22-2002, 03:11 PM
What the hell has THQ been thinking latley? They have released 2 VERY dissapointing games within the last month. In the old days, THQ always would deliver a solid game. But Raw and New Legends have been not up-to par. Maybe THQ can't hang with the big boys. I say if they keep delivering crap like this Xbox should give them the boot.

Caspel
02-22-2002, 03:47 PM
Actually New Legends is the best adventure/action game out right now I would say. If you wanted a great title.

Its better then..
Genma Onimusha
Batman Vengeance
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Nightcaster
Azurik: Rise of Perathia
and the rest like Shrek and the other blow-off titles.

I just did my review on it, so you have my full opinion on it if you go and look at it.

Frink
02-23-2002, 10:45 PM
Its better then..
Genma Onimusha
Batman Vengeance
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Nightcaster
Azurik: Rise of Perathia
and the rest like Shrek and the other blow-off titles.

In my opinion those games aren't very good anyway.

Genma Onimusha-Okay but no replay value
Batman Vengeance-Awful
Star Wars: Obi-Wan-Awful
Nightcaster-Awful
Azurik: Rise of Perathia-Awful
Shrek-awful

So how can you compare a game to these awful games. You should compare it to something half way decent and you would find the game isn't worth $50. In my opinion it isn't worth the $5 rental I paid for it.:( If I were you I wouldn't rent if unless you were into games with horrid graphics and sloppy controls.

Caspel
02-24-2002, 09:01 AM
In my opinion those games aren't very good anyway. <br>Genma Onimusha-Okay but no replay value
Batman Vengeance-Awful
Star Wars: Obi-Wan-Awful
Nightcaster-Awful
Azurik: Rise of Perathia-Awful
Shrek-awful <br>So how can you compare a game to these awful games. You should compare it to something half way decent and you would find the game isn't worth $50. In my opinion it isn't worth the $5 rental I paid for it. If I were you I wouldn't rent if unless you were into games with horrid graphics and sloppy controls.

Actually you just aren't a real gamer it must be. Real gamers appreciate games for what they have, and don't judge on what the games don't have.

Batman Vegenance: An okay storyline and not so bad of graphics. Best batman game yet.
Genma: Is a fun packed game with an unique fighting system.
Star Wars: Is all about the gameplay and the lightsaber
Nightcaster: Great spell combining system. Good start to a game for sequels.
Azurik: Had an okay engine just lacked too many things
Shrek: Well its for the younger age.

Now New Legends is better of all of them. Its as good or even better then Max Payne and others.

Its a fun game no matter how you put it, the best fighting system for the Xbox.

Markel2
02-24-2002, 12:33 PM
To say that this game is better than Azurik and Nightcaster is not saying much. It would be akin to saying that a Pinto is better than a Yugo. Sure it's better, but it is still a pile-o-poop.

You're a pile of poo`. New Legends is the best action/adventure game out right now. Sure later on more will surpass it, but this is the best you will get right now. And Professor_frink, your a dink and New Legends is worth more then you are in this gaming word. So take your 2 center else wheres. You have sloppy control and horrid looks so hush your mouth little man. If I were you, I would take yourself off rent and just get out of the gaming world, you have nothing knowledgable to pass on. NEW LEGENDS is a great game. Sure not a Must buy, but its more then a rent.

StudioAlex
02-24-2002, 01:04 PM
Isn't it great to see someone's first post on a board be comepletely inflammatory?

GRAVEDIGGER
02-24-2002, 05:01 PM
What can i say, i though about getting this game, but after all this bickering about it, i think i might give the game a rental. Because truthfully, it doesnt even look too good to tell the truth, but we'll see, in due time.

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Frink
02-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Well I didn't realize how awful that thread sounded until I read it this morning. I posted it last night without reading it first. It sounded pretty stuck up for me to say that those games were awful especially since I hadn't played some of them. Well I played a little more of New Legends and it isn't all that bad. I am happy I didn't spend $50 on it because it isn't my kind of game but I can see how some people could like it. I will have to think before I post something about a game I haven't played for a long enough time. Sorry, I hope you will forgive me and if I gave off a bad first impression and you want to ignore all my other posts then that's the way the cookie crumbles. But I am sure you won't do that :D...right.

FuNkY mOnK
02-24-2002, 08:58 PM
I’m playing pgr, odd world, sh2, as many times as I have to, until the heavy hitters come out. I think new legends shows how not to make a game for xbox. I'll put it right up there with the other masterpiece obi-wan.:rolleyes:

Storm
02-26-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by professor_frink
I am happy I didn't spend $50 on it...

I wish I could say that. I made the mistake of buying it. Personally I am very disappointed in it, but if you like it...more power to ya.

thunderkiss2k1
02-27-2002, 12:28 AM
Who knew when I started this thread, that it would get so many responses? Sheesh, you guys sure are opinionated! lol.:)