PDA

View Full Version : An odd error if you will

TheWheelMan
11-14-2005, 02:35 PM
I just got jade empire last friday and ive played it in total about 9 and a half hours since then but anyways today I went to go play it and while I was waiting for it to boot up my xbox made a really odd noise a real loud clicking noise...once the xbox loading screen came up I thought all was well again but it went right to a screen that said I needed to plug in a dvd remote to continue??? Im playing jade empire im thinking what the hell is going on....I tryed it again but it once again brought up this message....I got it working but it was just really odd I mean it wasnt a dirty disc error but its still got me worried now

Smiley7853
11-14-2005, 02:40 PM
The only reason I can possibly come up with is that you got the collectors addition with the bonus disk to install monk zing and maybe got them mixed up. Of course I don't really remember if you need the remote for that one either. I really don't know. Never really had a problem with mine.

ll Mista GT ll
11-14-2005, 02:43 PM
It might have been that It got mixed up with weather it was a dvd or a dvd game... it's happened to me before... It's still ok a couple of months after :)

TheWheelMan
11-14-2005, 02:43 PM
I do indeed have the limited edition and have installed monk zing but no I checked it was the right disk that I had inserted so I dunno

Smiley7853
11-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Can you still take it back man? the games awsome if you can get it working.

TheWheelMan
11-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Like I said it got it working it just really threw me off with it asking for my dvd remote....And I could probably take it back but I dunno if they would have another copy cause I got it from rogers for 20$(Disk is really clean if anyones wondering)

Smiley7853
11-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I don't know what to tell you then man. maybe it's your x-box. you should try a different game or try this one out on a friends box.

TheWheelMan
11-14-2005, 02:58 PM
did try another game it didnt seem to happen...Ill try to play it again in abit to see if anything screws up again....I was still playing jade for like 4 hours today so once I got it going it was alrite, again im just concerned

ll Mista GT ll
11-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Why do you want it to mess up again? :rofl:

Be happy it works. The End :)

Shawn-XBA
11-14-2005, 05:27 PM
I had the same problem when I put in Far Cry, there was a clicking noise and nothing happened, I exchanged it for a new one and it works fine. So try to exchange for a new one.

TheWheelMan
11-16-2005, 01:23 PM
everything seems fine now so thats that basically