PDA

View Full Version : IGN gives Madden 360 and 8.0

Heavens Gate
11-16-2005, 11:25 AM
No franchise, No mini camp, no challenging plays??? Like IGN said, Your better off sticking with what you already have. Shame on you EA

That's not too good compared to the hype this game got. On a better note Half Life 2 for Xbox got a 9 point something. I'll stick with Xbox for now. The games are better. Just like they said about BIA for Xbox. A few more tweaks and it could pass for a 360 game. Wait people wait. I'm telling you to save you some money. You guys are really jumping the gun. Oh well it's your choice BtW, ESPN 2k5 looks great in high def. Stick with that instead of these rush games. Madden don't even have training camp or Madden and Michaels voices in the 360 version. Shame

OH, AND NO CHALLENGING PLAYS IN THIS GAME. What a rush job :whistle:

The video review is at IGN

Whisper
11-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Can't expect much more from EA can you? They always get 8.0-9.0 on games. They do just enough to make a good game.

Shawn-XBA
11-16-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm going to get it just because I waited for the 360 version to get madden 06, I am very disappointed that they took out challanging plays, I can live without the franchise mode until '07 though

BORNGD
11-16-2005, 12:52 PM
i'm waiting until 07's version, i am shocked that they actually took out features for the 360...

Bakeman
11-16-2005, 01:00 PM
No franchise, No mini camp, no challenging plays??? Like IGN said, Your better off sticking with what you already have. Shame on you EA

That's not too good compared to the hype this game got. On a better note Half Life 2 for Xbox got a 9 point something. I'll stick with Xbox for now. The games are better. Just like they said about BIA for Xbox. A few more tweaks and it could pass for a 360 game. Wait people wait. I'm telling you to save you some money. You guys are really jumping the gun. Oh well it's your choice BtW, ESPN 2k5 looks great in high def. Stick with that instead of these rush games. Madden don't even have training camp or Madden and Michaels voices in the 360 version. Shame

OH, AND NO CHALLENGING PLAYS IN THIS GAME. What a rush job :whistle:

The video review is at IGN

There is a 30 year Franchise, which keeps stats from every single game for all 30 years. In year 28 you can go back and see stats from year 2.

The rest sounds right though. Mini Camp was neat, definitly not a deal breaker though(and if it is for you.. that's a shame). Challenge play was a joke anyways.. there was nothing good about challenge play. What happened was OBVIOUS plays that were out of bounds or fumbles WAY after you were on the ground. It was just stupid.. challenging a play was just to get the right call after the game was designed to have something stupid happen that was WAY obvious. I do want challenge plays a part of my football games if it can be done better though.

THANK THE LORD they don't have Madden's voice in the game. I currently play Madden 06 on the xbox without sound because he is just annoying. It's not like they couldn't get it in there. They choose not to (or led us to believe this). What they did instead was add more on field chatter and being able to hear the real voices from all the starting QB's in the NFL. And they also added a Radio comentator that roots for the home team.

Let's not forget about the new graphics and tons of animations to make the game look way more realistic. And it's suppose to have new menus and easier navigation.

Also they didn't take anything out.. they built this game from ground up. So there was nothing to begin with.

and I repeat THERE IS A 30 YEAR FRANCHISE

The Franchise Mode and Online Mode are straightforward. They're both a little light on features, but deep enough for the hardcore fans to sink their teeth into. For franchise play, it's easy to wade through all the information with the new navigation functionality. You can look up everything, from your coach's job security to depth charts, schemes, and records. Along with all of this, the game saves all the data throughout your 30 years of playing. So you can go back and check individual player stats from year eight of your team's history, which is sweet. @Source (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/666/666658p2.html)

Madden 06 on 360 > any madden ever

Jags
11-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Wow tell me something plz
YYYYYY woiuld u wanna play a game where you have to reach into another grown mans ass and grab his balls? :watchout: :watchout: :cuss: TELL ME U FUUCKING IMBASILS :cuss: YYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
thers no logic in it

swivel
11-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Can't expect much more from EA can you? They always get 8.0-9.0 on games. They do just enough to make a good game.

8-9 is only a good game?

EA scores are hyper-inflated. Reviewers are always apologizing for EA, making excuses, and overlooking glaring flaws. Then you look in the magazines and realize that every other page is an EA ad.

Hmm...

EA bribes with advance info, hands-ons, freebies, etc... It is just like the PHRMA handling "Medical Continuing Education" for doctors. Just bribes to pimp their goods.

Jags
11-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Wow tell me something plz
YYYYYY woiuld u wanna play a game where you have to reach into another grown mans ass and grab his balls? :watchout: :watchout: :cuss: TELL ME U FUUCKING IMBASILS :cuss: YYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
thers no logic in it
i asked u a question mayne
SERIOUSLY wat the **** is up with that man

studepaber
11-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Got to play this game a little today at an Xbox Kiosk, I havent played Madden for a few years (so I never played the new features they cut out) but this game is absolute eye candy, bought myself a copy right after playing it. :cool:

Jags
11-19-2005, 12:12 AM
i hate madden

pistol87
12-30-2006, 09:27 AM
i hate madden, bought 07 and played it for literally 5 mins. the noise of the scrimmage and tackles sounds like dustbins being knocked over, that was enough for me, ESPN all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SamSmith
12-30-2006, 09:32 AM
EA not living up to expectations!? for real!!?

thatdude222
01-01-2007, 08:07 PM
that's quite a bump, there!

l Maximus l
01-04-2007, 12:55 AM
I played Madden 07 for the 360 and couldn't stand it. Even the first NFL Fever (by Microsoft) kicks the crap out of it - even being as old as 2001.

Ito
01-19-2007, 02:47 PM
hold up, no franchise mode? what type of sports game is this bull****..

nesgamingcom
01-21-2007, 01:17 PM
uhh im pretty sure you can challenge plays in madden 360

Slowride
02-10-2007, 03:15 PM
I got a 360 on thursday and Madden 07 came with it. This game blows *******. Very ****ing disappointing. **** EA.

predatorprime
02-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Madden as a whole has got a bit stale...
If you want to play the best version, try the Wii version.
The games defence sucks moose nuts, but man is the offense fun.