PDA

View Full Version : Ign gives a review for call of duty 2 9.0

Twistedcritts14
11-16-2005, 03:25 PM
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/743/743289/vids_1.html

Ign gives it a 9.0

TheCovenant
11-16-2005, 04:26 PM
.5 higher than its pc brethren. What a breath of fresh air, a launch game that actually scores in the 9.0 range, although its the lowest one possible. I think the only game that can get higher than this is perfect dark, and even then, i think theres a strong chance it wont.

EDIT:8 players on live, but 16 on system link? wtf is that all about?

Brevity
11-16-2005, 04:40 PM
8 wth!

swivel
11-16-2005, 07:43 PM
.5 higher than its pc brethren. What a breath of fresh air, a launch game that actually scores in the 9.0 range, although its the lowest one possible. I think the only game that can get higher than this is perfect dark, and even then, i think theres a strong chance it wont.

EDIT:8 players on live, but 16 on system link? wtf is that all about?

Hmmm. Same game on XBox2 and PC. Except the PC has better graphics and more online players?

Guess the inflated console scoring system has begun. All of these 8+ scores for the launch games is laughable. It's like the slam-dunk judges that give a 10 to the first dunk of the night. Brilliant move, morons... you have now left yourself zero room for improvement.

The PC version of COD2 is not competing with the other XBox2 games. It is having to compete with FEAR, Half Life 2, Civ 4, X3 and other PC games. The two rating systems can't even begin to compare.

I just hate to see that they are breaking the XBox2 scoring so early. I guess they are just trying to keep the hype up to increase sales/popularity.

TheCovenant
11-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Hmmm. Same game on XBox2 and PC. Except the PC has better graphics and more online players?

Guess the inflated console scoring system has begun. All of these 8+ scores for the launch games is laughable. It's like the slam-dunk judges that give a 10 to the first dunk of the night. Brilliant move, morons... you have now left yourself zero room for improvement.

The PC version of COD2 is not competing with the other XBox2 games. It is having to compete with FEAR, Half Life 2, Civ 4, X3 and other PC games. The two rating systems can't even begin to compare.

I just hate to see that they are breaking the XBox2 scoring so early. I guess they are just trying to keep the hype up to increase sales/popularity.

why everyone think their pc's have better graphics than the 360 is beyond me. It doesn't. It even says so in the review.

and nothing has scored a 9.0 except CoD2, so how have they broken the rating system? Top tier games like pgr3 and kameo scored in the 8.0's, where if they were on the current gen they probably would be bumped up a full point. Plenty of room for improvement. Theres a lot of greatness between 9.0 and 9.9