PDA

View Full Version : GTA3 confirmed

thunderkiss2k1
02-21-2002, 01:42 AM
Take-Two Interactive announced today that it is currently developing Grand Theft Auto 3 for the Microsoft Xbox console. No further details have been released at this time regarding whether the game will be a port of the PlayStation 2 version or when the game is scheduled for release.
Paul Eibeler, president of Take-Two, stated, "We are very excited about the prospects for the Xbox and the opportunity to publish titles designed to demonstrate the unique features of this future-generation gaming console.''

By Shane Satterfield, GameSpot VG [POSTED: 02/15/01] -quote

I think this will set everyone's mind at ease.

HaloUK
02-21-2002, 03:11 AM
Err, that post is over a year old. The debate is not whether or not the game had been announced but whether or not it has been shelved.

thunderkiss2k1
02-21-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by HaloUK
Err, that post is over a year old. The debate is not whether or not the game had been announced but whether or not it has been shelved.

Ummm? oops? lol.

Hugh_Jass
02-21-2002, 11:53 AM
Oh, it will come out all right. It will be released at the same time as the PC version. This means that it will be a port of a port. Neat, huh?

Markus_Kalarkus
02-21-2002, 12:11 PM
yeah a port maybe but **** better graphics and ****. have u seen the pics for it!!! very realistic, 10x better than the ****ty ps2 one. well anyway enuf frikin posts on gta3. everyone knows its confirmed! i think in march or something its coming out.
:eek:

JJaX
02-21-2002, 12:13 PM
I really hope they take advatage of the system link and HD. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASE!

Nato King
02-21-2002, 12:15 PM
It is about time they confirm this game for Xbox. And I know this game will be one of the best games out for xbox. Now I just need to preorder it now so I know I have a copy of this game when it comes out.:)

Thank you thunderkiss2k1 for this information about GTA 3.

JJaX
02-21-2002, 12:26 PM
Thunders article is a year old according the date

thunderkiss2k1
02-21-2002, 01:56 PM
Umm, i said "oops" already, lol. but I did see a recent article. I just can't remember the link.

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 02:00 PM
You know, I actually haven't had the pleasure of ever playing GTA3, however, whenever I see a streaming video of this game, it looks like it sucks arse! I mean, the graphics look absolutely TERRIBLE on this game. I don't know...maybe after playing Halo so much, other games, especially on the PoS2, simply look like crap.

I mean, even the dude runs funny! :confused: I guess I'll just have to check it out sometime and see what I am missing.

Toder
02-21-2002, 02:15 PM
one thing for is that the game doesn't suck. once you play it you don't want to let go of the controller. game play is just awsome. You can steal a car and sell it, cruz the streets, do a mission(which include viglante, taxi driver, fireman, races, or just a striaht hired thug), kill people,and then blow up helicoptors. With the freedom you have in the game the possibilities are endless. the game is Fn awesome.

Crazy Joe
02-21-2002, 02:19 PM
Ya, your pretty free in this game, it has a lot of replay value. It's the first game i've played where it's just as fun to just run around doing stuff as it is following the missions. GTA kicks ass!!!