PDA

View Full Version : So far every Xbox title except one that's also on 360 gets a better score.

Heavens Gate
11-17-2005, 08:13 PM
NHL 2k6, NBA 2k6, Madden, NFS, NBA LIVE 06 and others are all getting better scores on our beloved Xbox than on the over-hyped 360. The only game that got a better score for 360 was Call of duty. Man, lackluster launch titles, not enough 360's to go around. It's not looking good and for all of you that say we won't see the potential of the 360 for a couple years then why buy one now? Developers are finally realizing what the original Xbox can do and that's why the games coming out recently (Half Life 2) are stellar software. This seals it for me. I won't be 360ing any time soon. :) Some sites actually said NBA 2k6 looks better on Xbox than 360 unless you are in High-Def. Jaggies galore. What a shame

ShadedNine
11-17-2005, 08:20 PM
It would seem you haven't actually read any of the reviews, have you?

The reviewers certainly don't have any gripes with the games that they didn't on Xbox or PS2. They don't find the game any less enjoyable than it would be on the other consoles...

They simply raised the bar for the next generation. Since the games that are released across the old platforms as well as 360 are obviously not designed FOR the 360, these games that are crossing over are scoring lower in respect to those that have been designed entirely around the 360.

So no, the games you're listing indeed are not any better on 360 than the other consoles. At least not by a significant factor. Why are they releasing them for it then? The same reason they release it across multiple consoles in the first place. Not many 360 owners are going to be too interested in buying Xbox1 titles anymore, and it's certainly not much work to port it over.

You see the exact same thing when porting from PS2 to Xbox. Xbox exclusive titles almost always look better, because developers don't usually bother to revamp their titles for the more powerful Xbox. The reviews often differ console to console as well, with Xbox historically giving the lower ratings.

If you were looking into buying the 360 for those particular titles, then I couldn't agree more: stick with the Xbox until it runs dry. If you're waiting for titles like Oblivion, Gears of War, PDZ, PGR3, and so on, as I am, then the 360 purchase might have more merit.

Whisper
11-17-2005, 08:37 PM
It's definently the higher standard a new system is held to. It's because everyone expected the leap to be massive except for me.

I wasn't expecting much of a graphical leap at all because

1) It just wont look better
2) I don't have an HDTV anyway

l Maximus l
11-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Wow, Heavens Gate...when I didn't think it was possible for you to be more of an assclown than you already are, you succeeded...wow...

what a tool

skorp
11-17-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm satisfied with what I've seen with the launch titles... and I'm even more excited with the rest of the games coming out through 2006. Especially after a years experience in development for the 360. It's just going to get better and better...

Between Nov. 2005-06' with games and other systems being pushed, delayed, etc. to a later date... There is nothing else out there that is going to satisfy me more than the 360. I need my fix!!! :D

Jump in.

:cheers: