PDA

View Full Version : Condemed - 87% IGN

Ninjermy
11-17-2005, 08:40 PM
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=642616

I am dissapointed as I expected better from this game...
Discuss...

skorp
11-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Sounds impressive...

I'm eager to experience this. :hardcore:

BORNGD
11-17-2005, 09:08 PM
87% is not a bad score

Shawn-XBA
11-17-2005, 09:11 PM
This is still a very good game, I'm still picking this one up. IGN said the replay value is low so I believe that is why the score is below a 9.0 but 8.7 is still a very good score!

Ninjermy
11-17-2005, 09:12 PM
I shud clarify. I am dissapointed because it said it was short, the investigation aspect did not live up to what I expected, and there is no multiplayer or coop.

Shawn-XBA
11-17-2005, 09:19 PM
I shud clarify. I am dissapointed because it said it was short, the investigation aspect did not live up to what I expected, and there is no multiplayer or coop.

Yeah co-op would have been nice, I watched a video interview earlier on IGN and multiplayer would have been awesome I would have loved running around tasering people, I think that will be my most used weapon at first

RockTheCasba
11-17-2005, 09:24 PM
i dont like how in lasting appeal it got a 5.0 in lasting appeal i will probably steer clear of this game.

skorp
11-17-2005, 09:32 PM
True. This game would rock with co-op/ multiplayer...

But even being short... I can't see myself getting bored beating on thugs, zombies, etc. over and over. lol

so fun. :hardcore:

Jags
11-17-2005, 09:49 PM
well i dont think co-op mode would be crap on a game thats supposed to be about suspence

killerscott
11-17-2005, 09:56 PM
This looks to be the game I will buy at launch.

IceXUG
11-17-2005, 10:15 PM
I was expecting a better score :(

Whisper
11-17-2005, 10:17 PM
This game sounds amazingly awesome. Like Resident Evil to the max. RE and RE2 are 2 of my favourite games ever, and after playing them with friends, was the sole reason i ever owned a playstation and never played anythign else on it.

Though the no replay value limits this game to just a rental. But it will probably be one of the most memorable rentals ever.

laughs
11-17-2005, 11:42 PM
This game sounds amazingly awesome. Like Resident Evil to the max. RE and RE2 are 2 of my favourite games ever, and after playing them with friends, was the sole reason i ever owned a playstation and never played anythign else on it.

Though the no replay value limits this game to just a rental. But it will probably be one of the most memorable rentals ever.

Yeah, I'm just gonna rent this one... 5.0 replay value. Bah!

ll Mista GT ll
11-18-2005, 06:32 AM
Yeah, I'm just gonna rent this one... 5.0 replay value. Bah!

By replay do they mean "the times you can play it over w/p getting bored" ??

laughs
11-18-2005, 09:42 AM
By replay do they mean "the times you can play it over w/p getting bored" ??

Video game players use the term replay value to describe the entertainment value of playing a game more than once. Although this is obviously a subjective criterion, there are certain factors that consistently enhance or detract from a game's replayability. For example, a game with a linear plot will typically have a lower value than an otherwise similar game in which the player has some choice in the course the story takes.

While some genres, especially adventure games, tend to have low replay value (as a focus on storytelling often conflicts with replay value); and other genres, such as strategy games or simulations, tend to have high replay value, ultimately the quality of the game design decides the playability. Role playing games is a genre which is famous for good replayability, as the player can often play completely different characters each time. Consider the popular computer game Diablo; many players, having beaten the game once, will go back and try it again with a different character class. In massively multiplayer online games, the other players contribute to the variety of gameplay, and thus the replayability.

So yeah.... Basically

Savage-360
11-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Condemned looks great and I have it and its still closed :) (Waiting till I get my 360)

If it's short its still gonna be a great game that you want to play now and then and unlock all of the stuff!

Shadow20002
11-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Hmmm......87 % is like a hit already.

Jags
11-19-2005, 12:13 AM
DEFINATLY a rent no way is it a buy

killerscott
11-19-2005, 12:28 AM
DEFINATLY a rent no way is it a buy

unless of course you wish to own it

Jags
11-19-2005, 12:32 PM