PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop just called (Your number 32 we got 8 systems)

Brevity
11-18-2005, 09:41 PM
I couldnt believe it and then I got a call from their robot ***** telling me the same thing. I couldnt be madder. I am holding 4 games and a recharge kit and I got that nearly all that week off anyway due to a work related thing, and now its all for not. I got loads of hate in me right now, mainly cus I am a big baby who gets what I want most of the time, and since I did pay for it. Also because of my local GS stupid policies which I talked about in other threads.

I really dont see where it would benifit me to go out trying super hard to get a diffrent system since I cant trade it out and exchange it for mine once I get it in. I asked and the dude thought it might be weeks and weeks till I get mine. Now I dont have some sad sobe story about a cancer operation, or a last wish or really anything that might jerk a tear out of the most heartless of people but I do want to cry my self.
I guess this is kind of not a rant so much as it is a complaint and excuse for why I will not be on day 1.
Also this is me asking has this happened to you?
Finnaly; anyone got any ideas of how I can legally and reasonably still get one?

Variation-XBA
11-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Wait in line at a bog box store and get up REAL early to try and body surf and get one.

Whisper
11-18-2005, 09:59 PM
you could risk it and get your money back on the preorder and go get in line early at a big place like wal mart or target

Jags
11-18-2005, 10:44 PM
well im a walk in coustomer
and im sad to say that i called my futureshop today and the guy said that ther had been 50 presold 360 and if im "lucky" ther will be a spare lying around
and unfortuneatly when i called the local bestbuy i encountered a stupid hoe-bag who knew **** all about the 360 and had to ask a guy when it was coming out she said i should come check it out and then said bye :(

ShadedNine
11-18-2005, 10:45 PM
you could risk it and get your money back on the preorder and go get in line early at a big place like wal mart or target

Bingo. GS doesn't seem to be getting an appropriate quantity for their preorders (mostly because it seems they allocated every unit they could have hoped to get from MS). If you work at it, you'll get one from any regular shipment at Walmart long before you'll get one from GS.

Ninjermy
11-18-2005, 10:58 PM
If you have the money you could always get one now and your preorder later, and if you can sell your preordered system when you get it. Only if you can make the exact same $$ though.

ShadedNine
11-18-2005, 11:08 PM
If you're having trouble cancelling your pre-order from GS...I very much doubt they have the legal right to hold your money unless you signed a binding contract stating that you would fill your end (buy the system) so long as they fill theirs at any time after release. I doubt they have such a contract, and even if they do, if you paid by credit card, just refute the claim on grounds of "goods not received".

With most preorders I'm familiar with, you sign nothing but a receipt, and have the legal right to get your money back AT ANY POINT before receiving the product.

Jags
11-19-2005, 12:02 AM
If you're having trouble cancelling your pre-order from GS...I very much doubt they have the legal right to hold your money unless you signed a binding contract stating that you would fill your end (buy the system) so long as they fill theirs at any time after release. I doubt they have such a contract, and even if they do, if you paid by credit card, just refute the claim on grounds of "goods not received".

With most preorders I'm familiar with, you sign nothing but a receipt, and have the legal right to get your money back AT ANY POINT before receiving the product.
hmmmmm interesting

ylodmonturbomsp
11-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Gamestop is full of it. They told me the same thing. In response I called Visa and had a dispute put on the charges. The way Visa sees it is "no product, no pay". I went back to GS not mentioning that I had already disputed it and again asked for a refund other than store credit because I really don't need over $500 in GS Bucks. First she tried to refuse, then she offered half (saying she was being nice because she could have corporate send me a check for that much and I would have to wait 5-6 weeks for it), then after told her that I could just call Visa and have them dispute the charges and call her corporate offices and let them know about the problems she was giving me. she finally gave me my cash back and said she was tired of arguing and she was going to get in trouble for doing it but she would just deal with corporate than continue with me. So, it may take a little effort and threatening of credit card disputes or legal action, but they are required to give you your money back......it's not theirs to keep. The only reason they try to keep your money is because they don't want their store losing that large of a sale. Their is no legality to it. Just continue to argue or take the necessary steps. Its not your fault that they couldn't supply as promised so why should you suffer because of it. Oh, and I did cancel the dispute with Visa after receiving my refund. Good Luck.

Jags
11-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Oh, and I did cancel the dispute with Visa after receiving my refund. Good Luck.
LOL u sure about that :hardcore: LOL jack um for a gd 500 bucks :hump:

Brevity
11-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Ya I asked about a refund and its a no go since all my $ is from trade in stuff. I am SOL I think. I have a new plan anyway. Stabbing unexpecting 360 owners. Watch your ass is all I can say.

ylodmonturbomsp
11-19-2005, 10:20 PM
LOL u sure about that :hardcore: LOL jack um for a gd 500 bucks :hump:

I guess I should have for my headaches, lol. But I have already called Visa. Dammit :bang:

Whisper
11-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Gamestop is full of it. They told me the same thing. In response I called Visa and had a dispute put on the charges. The way Visa sees it is "no product, no pay". I went back to GS not mentioning that I had already disputed it and again asked for a refund other than store credit because I really don't need over $500 in GS Bucks. First she tried to refuse, then she offered half (saying she was being nice because she could have corporate send me a check for that much and I would have to wait 5-6 weeks for it), then after told her that I could just call Visa and have them dispute the charges and call her corporate offices and let them know about the problems she was giving me. she finally gave me my cash back and said she was tired of arguing and she was going to get in trouble for doing it but she would just deal with corporate than continue with me. So, it may take a little effort and threatening of credit card disputes or legal action, but they are required to give you your money back......it's not theirs to keep. The only reason they try to keep your money is because they don't want their store losing that large of a sale. Their is no legality to it. Just continue to argue or take the necessary steps. Its not your fault that they couldn't supply as promised so why should you suffer because of it. Oh, and I did cancel the dispute with Visa after receiving my refund. Good Luck.

that is so stupid

gamestop wont lose any money either way anyway... everyone behind you just jumpes up the pre-order list one spot, and there will surely be someone, a walk in or a person previously denied person from a previous store phoning others to get on a pre order list

it would even help them.. they would keep a current customer happy by not ****ing you around, and they would bring in a new customer that takes your spot