PDA

View Full Version : Soccer on the xbox?

BORNGD
02-21-2002, 09:18 AM
alright, i am in need of a soccer game, a good one! anyone know if they are going to release one anytime soon? i just saw ps2 has some new soccer game out, but i dont have a ps2, dont want a ps2, so on and so on...anyone know of any soccer games for the xbox...i'm sure fifa on ea sports will come next year, but anything be4 that?

Xcessive Force
02-21-2002, 10:11 AM
There are 2 Soccer games listed here.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justincastle/usdatesmarch.htm

RED CARD SOCCER and ESPN MLS EXTRA TIME 2002

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 11:03 AM
Here are a couple screen shots:

David Beckman's Soccer:
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/2331.jpg

Red Card Soccer:
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/2464.jpg

Personally, I think Red Card Soccer will, probably, be the best of the two, but, we'll see :)

Chr0nik
02-21-2002, 11:19 AM
Hehe... wonder if it will be a "bruiser" of a game with a name like that, maybe something of the NHL Hitz genre.

mattcoxonline
02-21-2002, 12:51 PM
Xbox Signs New Talent With ISS2
by mattcoxonline

Konami’s premier footy title is to make its way onto Microsoft’s machine, among others.

The landmark football franchise is set to make an appearance on Xbox, as Konami prepare to release ISS2 during the second quarter of 2002. It's the latest in the successful International Superstar Soccer line-up, and features the intuitive, fluid passing and arcade-style gameplay for which the series is so respected.

More than 50 international teams, authentic use of the FIFPro licence and a wealth of game modes should make for a truly beautiful game.

Screenshots are here: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/openpic.php?name=..%2Fscreenshots_library%2Fdir_81%2Fvortal_pic_40597.jpg

mattcoxonline
02-21-2002, 01:10 PM
2002 FIFA WORLD CUP: FIRST XBOX SHOTS

Imagine a small boy standing on a chair on the beach screaming at the sea. Yep, it's more screens of EA's World Cup effort

You know when you standing at a bus stop, yeah, and you wait in the cold for three years, stamping your feet and crying as your hands go numb? And then you see 12 buses appear? And the driver of the only one that actually decides to stop shouts at you for no reason? Then you sit on the back seat and an older boy steals your sweets? And you wish the bus had never come along at all? Welcome, fellow bus travellers, to EA's unveiling of 2002 FIFA World Cup.
Assuming you're not mentally deficient, you've realised by now that this is the latest version of FIFA with all the World Cup sides, all the players and a complete roster of players.

20 Screenshots anyone: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/openpic.php?name=..%2Fscreenshots_library%2Fdir_83%2Fvortal_pic_41867.jpg

Afro Aura
02-21-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Personally, I think Red Card Soccer will, probably, be the best of the two, but, we'll see :)
Tell you the truth I thing I'll stick with Red Card as the Beckman's look like it was progammed for the PS2 or it's just a port aarrgghh

BORNGD
02-21-2002, 08:21 PM
thanks for all the feedback! both look pretty nice...

BD11goal
03-03-2002, 06:50 PM
I think that fifa is going to excel. I bought FIFA 2000 for PC and I still play it. It is lots of fun. I was looking at those screenshots and they look amazing. I wonder if there will be any problems with how the announcers say the players names. That was an issue in FIFA 2000.

gtaplayer
03-06-2002, 07:24 AM
i say that red card soccer will be a blitz, and hitz type game...just because its made from midway, and it would likely be the rubber band AI that they will use...even thought i hate it dearly, midway always comes up with great graphics and sounds... but on there other hand will be EA's Fifa world cup 2002, and that would be a sim of soccer with all international teams and about 10 diffrent country club teams...i will have to try out both games...because i think those two will be up head to head in the soccer bout for xbox...even thought micrsoft is american, and soccer hasnt fully evoloved in this country...it will get here some time then we will see up to 6 soccer games just like american football games

samslophead
03-07-2002, 10:36 PM
That would be awesome if an ISS game came out for the XBOX. Is it definate? The ISS for the N64 was awesome; it beat the crap out of FIFA, which I think is kind of overated. ISS had much better animation, passing, and ball control. Hopefully, the XBOX updated version will carry over just as well.

I don't know about the Red Card Soccer game; sounds kind of shady to me. Any sports games that market the sport's fouls instead of the game are usually junk. Hence, "Bill Laimber's Combat Basketball."

gtaplayer
03-08-2002, 07:27 AM
the cool thing about midways red card soccer is it looks like midway is sponsered by adidas and in that screenshot that player has adidas predators on...i never seen real cleats in a soccer game before, so thats cool...and fifa is sponsored by so many brands u think they would put the logos on the jerseys

Rancey
03-08-2002, 07:44 AM
I need a good soccer game (please satisy my craving for this console with another awesome soccer game Konami)! Along with Hockey my favourite sports games...and to be honest neither of these sports really interest me compared to soom good ol' fashioned Aussie sports :)