PDA

View Full Version : 360 = No sleep for me

LeoBreaker
11-20-2005, 09:27 PM
here is my schedule for the next two days. tomorrow i wake up at 9 go to until 3 something, get to work by 4 and then get off at 10, go pick up my friend hang out for a bit then go to best buy at 2am until 9 when they open and hopefully get my 360, after that i rush back to drop him off at his house which is 30 minutes from best buy, then i go to school which is 30 minutes from his house all to take a test, then i have another class at 12 til 2 and if the drive home doesn't kill me i will get sleep either that afternoon or that night depending if i can go without playing my 360

Ninjermy
11-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Haha, what will be hilarious is how people are lining up hours early to get a 360, yet I garuntee some places won't sell out and will have shelf copies throughout the day.

thatdude222
11-20-2005, 09:30 PM
dude maybe you should nap in line at best buy. taking tests without sleep doesnt yield good results.....

Whisper
11-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Luckily I don't have to go wait in line for my pre order. I can see the blockbuster from my window, and I'm not going over until I see 3 people waiting.

LeoBreaker
11-20-2005, 09:41 PM
dude maybe you should nap in line at best buy. taking tests without sleep doesnt yield good results.....

i would do that if i wasn't so sure i would get pick pocketed by a bum and whisper you suck :p

thatdude222
11-20-2005, 09:44 PM
i would do that if i wasn't so sure i would get pick pocketed by a bum and whisper you suck :pget your friend to watch your back
take turns sleeping

killerscott
11-20-2005, 09:47 PM
yeah there are people outside my towns bestbuy right now as I type this... Only two but still, it has begun. they got there sometime early today. I'm almost jealous of their lifelessness.

and to ninjajeremy... every place in Lincoln, Nebraska (where i live) IS going to sell out. there is no doubt in anyones mind. Most stores here have under 10. Shopko has 6 total, Wallmart has 12 total, Target has 20 total, Best Buy has 70ish total. Thats about it. Oh yeah and Toys R Us has 5 total.

so Ill do the math to estimate how many total xbox360s are in my town. Yeah its a bit over 157. Ill say 200 total systems tops counting for stores I may not know about.

Oh yes and i live in a town of over 250,000.

l Maximus l
11-20-2005, 09:51 PM
I'll be camping out after work tomorrow. I should be there no later than 7pm. I will have to camp out for 12 hours...the store opens up at 7:00am. Everywhere around me says that their next XBox 360 shipments are not until December 15th...I'm definately camping out.

Variation-XBA
11-20-2005, 09:54 PM
I get to get mine when I want it! ;) Nee ner nee ner

Probly take it home tomorrow :P

killerscott
11-20-2005, 10:02 PM
I get off work at 12 midnight tommarow night from bestbuy. I am going to go right outside and try to slip into line with my girlfriend whom is going tommarow at about 2:30 pm. Hopefully I wont get too much hassling from other linegoers.

ShadedNine
11-20-2005, 11:27 PM
It'll be an interesting day, that's for sure. But I don't think anyone here is going to line up more than an hour or 2 to get one.

As for me, the store I preordered from is listed as opening at 12pm, so I guess I'll be getting it then, gonna call and confirm they're doing that though. When I go, I get to skip to the front of the line, along with the 9 other preorders, and get my stuff :)

killerscott
11-21-2005, 12:14 AM
actually im lining up 9 hours before it opens. My girlfriend is saving my spot for 10 and a half hours therfore im lining up 19 hours early.

edit: its mostly for fun but we decided this when we drove by bestbuy and saw people lined up at like 4pm on sunday.

laughs
11-21-2005, 05:53 AM
I have to leave my house at 6:30 tomorrow morning so I can claim my VIP spot... At least that way I'm guaranteed that way.

LeoBreaker
11-21-2005, 09:18 AM
you people and your vip spots or your lack of school. YOU ALL SUCK!!!!............ :hardcore:

pjh13
11-21-2005, 09:38 AM
the walmart near my house is a 24 hour one so the line is not outside it is in the electronics department which is great i hate being cold. so i will get there around 8 tonight, and if i dont get one i am going straight over to target or bestbuy and camping out cause they dont open till tommorrow morning. i am pretty sure i am going to get one, at least i hope.

Smiley7853
11-21-2005, 02:40 PM
killerscott, was that just guesswork?. how did you find out the exact number?

.....7 hours

odpr
11-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Get A Life!

SH4MR0CK
11-21-2005, 05:03 PM
MY plan and backup plan.

Plan A: Get my 360 after waiting a couple of hours tonight.

Plan B: not get it and then stab some who does and take theres and go home.

Ninjermy
11-21-2005, 05:06 PM
MY plan and backup plan.

Instead of plan B, kick them in the shin and make it like your avatar. :hump:

laughs
11-21-2005, 05:08 PM
MY plan and backup plan.

Go with plan B.... It'll be free than.

ShadedNine
11-21-2005, 08:07 PM
I think the trick to getting one (without a preorder or ungodly long campout) is to find a lonely store that's getting a few units, and is well away from any Best Buys, Targets, or any other well known store, so that you don't get any dropoffs from their lineups looking for alternatives.

I'm just realising I'd better get there a bit early though, given that it's probably going to be IMPOSSIBLE to find parking. The lineup at my store of choice is already longer than the boxes they have available off of preorder (for the midnight sale), plus I'll have to battle for parking with the 60 other preorders, and parking at that location is terrible to begin with.

To those of you out camping, or heading out: I wish you all the best of luck. MS pulled this off nice, it's a gong show.