PDA

View Full Version : Raw Who?!

Ninja Scroll
02-21-2002, 09:55 AM
I dont know about you guys but after spending late nights of up to 3:00am on Sunday night playing RAW, I gotta say RAW WHO?

I have given this game enough chances to win me over and it just aint working fellas, well.... i'll tell you what is working for me though.....Wrestlemania X8 !!
I dont mean to promote a KiddyCube game but im just keeping it real. I am Xbox mark as everyone knows, but the fact is, for the best d@mn wrestling game since the N64 titles, this is da one!
The only thing that can keep this game from glory is it's "GAMEPLAY". Just ask Anchor and THQ about RAW's:rolleyes:
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/022002/wwfx8/wwfx8_screen002.jpg
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/022002/wwfx8/wwfx8_screen005.jpg
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/022002/wwfx8/wwfx8_screen003.jpg
who else is with me, or against me on this one? :)

JJaX
02-21-2002, 10:20 AM
You played until 3:00 in the moan.

And you said you werent hooked? BaH! Sham on you for talking high and mighty about a Cube game. BoW your head in shame. You most have eatin a poison egg from the demon Yoshi.

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 10:50 AM
:eek: You just promoted......a......eh....er.....a Kiddie Cube game?!?!?1? :eek:

Ninja Scroll
02-21-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
:eek: You just promoted......a......eh....er.....a Kiddie Cube game?!?!?1? :eek:

Come on now wittal waximus junior! You know im a hardcore Xbox gamer, im your Xbox role model for crying out load!
You know im just keeping it real dawg! Im not a biased gamer,... unless it has to do with those jackasses over at Sony!:D
Im a diehard wrestling fan and this just looks like the best bet for a fans buck!;)

Ninja Scroll
02-21-2002, 11:31 AM
btw, I would never try to sell someone on a KiddyCube over a Xbox! But from past threads and post, most hardcore wrestling fans in this forum are gonna get da KiddyCube just for this game.
And im one of them, along with Resident Evil's original remake!

But im Xbox to da grave ya'll!!!:cool:

Chr0nik
02-21-2002, 11:35 AM
I also have not been able to give RAW a place in my heart, this game just cannot keep me interested.

Is Wrestlemania X8 really that good, the screenshots look **** fun.

Shadow Fox
02-21-2002, 12:13 PM
I also agree with Ninja Scroll (albeit his hillarious sig, lol) on X8 being the ish. I can recall several fanboys denouncing this game "because RAW comes out first and it'll be better". I must admit, after playing, RAW is still fun, but it lacks alot of what I'm used to in the N64 titles. And being developed by the Asmik/ACE team (under the Yukes name), the GCN version is sure to retain all the gameplay that made the series badass.

Not to mention NWO, TLC, and HIAC matches gallore, and from many reliable sources, blood (go to wrasslin.com)...

I can't wait till June for this one...and Scroll, RE is due out April 30th here.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

DIGITAL
02-21-2002, 12:22 PM
im sad that my fellow xbox addicts are gonna buy a gamecube,i actually like raw,dont get me wrong they did leave alot of **** out ,but instead of buying a system just for one game,why not wait for raw 2 it should have everything your missing,plus im sure when gameshark comes out youll be able to get blood in raw

Ninja Scroll
02-21-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
im sad that my fellow xbox addicts are gonna buy a gamecube,i actually like raw,dont get me wrong they did leave alot of **** out ,but instead of buying a system just for one game,why not wait for raw 2 it should have everything your missing,plus im sure when gameshark comes out youll be able to get blood in raw

I gotta disagree with ya on this one Diggy, I would be pi$$ed if a fellow Xboxer bought a PoS2, but a kiddycube?
Nintendo is a legend in da gaming industry, how can you hate them?
And im buying a KiddyCube for more than one game, more like two!:D Wrestlemania X8 & Resident Evil Remake!:)

JJaX
02-21-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

And im buying a KiddyCube for more than one game, more like two!:D Wrestlemania X8 & Resident Evil Remake!:)

*JJaX make sarcastic look on face while doing a jerking motion at his crouch

Resident Evil 1 is done with. Why remake it?

gula
02-21-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Not to mention NWO, TLC, and HIAC matches gallore, and from many reliable sources, blood (go to wrasslin.com)...

Oh really? NWO eh? Well from what I see on GameSpot....

THQ has not made any announcements regarding the possibility of NWO wrestlers appearing in the game.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2849162,00.html

:rolleyes:

And did you notice in those pictures how they sometimes try to block off the face, and when you do see the face...D@MN IT LOOKS LIKE *****!

xboxmaster2002
02-21-2002, 03:25 PM
it looks like a whole new game and plus they are bringing out all 5 resident evils this year alone that game looks cool....

gula
02-21-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

One word: Traitor. :rolleyes:

xboxmaster2002
02-21-2002, 03:27 PM
oviously most people know by now graphics are not everything look at raw for example they graphics are great and the game play sucks majorly.

gula
02-21-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
it looks like a whole new game and plus they are bringing out all 5 resident evils this year alone that game looks cool....

Woah woah woah there buddy, they aren't releasing all 5 Resident Evil's this year, sorry to inform ya there...

Integra Man
02-21-2002, 03:28 PM
What System ?
Game Name ?

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/022002/wwfx8/wwfx8_screen002.jpg

xboxmaster2002
02-21-2002, 03:28 PM
actualy i herd they were so we will see who is right

xboxmaster2002
02-21-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by gula

Woah woah woah there buddy, they aren't releasing all 5 Resident Evil's this year, sorry to inform ya there...

ok Mr. anti gamecube here you go...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2841795,00.html

Chr0nik
02-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Wrestlemania for Gamecube, it is being rleased in June or July this year.

robsterrocks
02-21-2002, 03:38 PM
?

Integra Man
02-21-2002, 03:38 PM
man that game looks amazing. shoot

mattcoxonline
02-21-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
Wrestlemania for Gamecube, it is being rleased in June or July this year.
spot on my friend

mattcoxonline
02-21-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ZGXB
man that game looks amazing. shoot
And it's got all the WCW ECW stars in and maybe even the nWo

gula
02-21-2002, 03:41 PM
actualy i herd they were so we will see who is right

Release Date: April 30, 2002 - Resident Evil

Release Date: TBA - Resident Evil 0

Release Date: TBA - Resident Evil 2

Release Date: TBA - Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Release Date: TBA - Resident Evil 4

Release Date: TBA - Resident Evil Code: Veronica

Wow! Gotta love those release dates...:rolleyes:

All from GameSpot!

gula
02-21-2002, 03:45 PM

ok Mr. anti gamecube here you go...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2841795,00.html

xboxmaster2002- Mr. Anti GameCube? Your name doesn't even describe you one bit. Go buy a GameCube and then go on the little Nintendo message boards filled with 12 year olds that jack off to Britney Spears..

Spaztic
02-21-2002, 04:01 PM
Well from what I remember......RAW was hyped up to be the greatest game ever....It was supposed to have blood, a bunch of gimmick matches etc. etc. Well all I have to say is I will believe it when I see it. The graphics look really clean. Gula did have a point they are not showing any faces, and the one of kurt angle looks kinda fuct.

gula
02-21-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
Well from what I remember......RAW was hyped up to be the greatest game ever....It was supposed to have blood, a bunch of gimmick matches etc. etc. Well all I have to say is I will believe it when I see it. The graphics look really clean. Gula did have a point they are not showing any faces, and the one of kurt angle looks kinda fuct.

Kurt Angles face looks horrible...

Look at HHH's face in the game, I think the one in RAW looked better...now that is sad!:eek:

Marc
02-21-2002, 04:17 PM
If Wrestlemania 8 is as good as the hype, it might be worth buying a gamecube for, but Raw didn't live up to the hype. THQ ****ed up when they let Anchor design the game. Why is it so **** hard to make a good wrestling game?

xboxmaster2002
02-21-2002, 06:59 PM
actually i do have a gamecube and an xbox and i do like xbox better so big deal im not a fanboy like you i open up my mind to other systems.

batman46st
02-21-2002, 07:18 PM
I think raw is a fare wrestling game, not amust have but hey its fare. we just all expected too too much!

Ninja Scroll
02-22-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by batman46st
I think raw is a fare wrestling game, not amust have but hey its fare. we just all expected too too much!

Your right Bats, RAW had nothing but hype and most of it was hot air:( .
That why most of us are so disappointed about the games depth, gameplay, extras, ect.
I will still play mine only if friends come over, but other than that, the game has no reply value in single player mode once you release the hidden characters ( Vince, Shane "O" Mac, Stephanie Scroll:D my wife, and that jackass Fred Durst) their is nothing else left to do.

As far as Wrestlemania X8 goes, all it needs it N64 type gameplay and I think we will have a new wrestling videogame champion!

And everyone is right, Kurt Angles face does look like a mess!
But keep in mind, it's not like the game is complete yet.

What I wanna know is when is Anchor & THQ gonna try and redeme themselfs with another RAW Xbox game?:confused:

:)