PDA

View Full Version : A Game before Halo 3?

Wtfitsamonkey
11-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Ok well i need a question to be answered before my mind explodes.

I have been hearing a lot of rumors about Bungie making a game not related at all to the Halo series before the release of Halo 3. So in the process of this game Halo 3 wont be coming otu until 2007 or 2008. Is this rumor true?

Please if anyone knows post a response

Whisper
11-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Everything is a rumor until they announce something officially. Halo 3 never being made is just as likely.

Ninjermy
11-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Everything is a rumor until they announce something officially. Halo 3 never being made is just as likely.

Except we know they are making halo3. ;)

Because if they aren't... *loads M249 belt*

icarusfountain
11-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Steve Ballmer has said that Halo 3 is supposed to come out at the same time as PS3. Then he said it'll come out when its ready.

Bungie has never even said they're working on a Halo 3. Personally, I usually wait for a developer to announce a game before I get excited about it. However, we're talking about Microsoft. If they want a Halo 3, they can probably force Bungie to make one (since they own Bungie and all).

George89
11-21-2005, 06:18 PM
but i thought bungie said they were working on Halo 3 even before November 9, 2004

FB-Gollum
11-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Bungie's been working on Halo 3 for a long time. They've had 360 dev kits for over a year, and you don't think they knew they were getting getting those kits a year before that or more? I'll bet the concept work for 3 was done at the same time as 2. The been in production forever, I'm sure they have quite a bit running already.

PS. Dude, do you have a source for this "rumour"? And who are you?

FatBox
11-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Bungie's been working on Halo 3 for a long time. They've had 360 dev kits for over a year, and you don't think they knew they were getting getting those kits a year before that or more? I'll bet the concept work for 3 was done at the same time as 2. The been in production forever, I'm sure they have quite a bit running already.

PS. Dude, do you have a source for this "rumour"? And who are you?
I'm more concerned about the source where you got your info rather than the other rumour.

Whisper
11-21-2005, 10:25 PM
I agree. I heavily doubt Halo 3 is far along in development, if it is, it just started very recently. At this point all they're likely done in concept, a new story maybe. There is likely no programming going on.

FB-Gollum
11-21-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm more concerned about the source where you got your info rather than the other rumour.

It's speculation to be sure, but consider the info. You know they've had 360 dev kits for about a year. Bungie is obviously going to receive one of if not the first one. They also did tons of hiring over that last year. You think Bungie isn't in the loop of Microsofts plans? They knew approximately when the 360 would be launching before Halo 2 came out. They knew Halo 2 was only going to have a 1 year lifespan. You think they'd leave themselves at scratch for the release of a new cycle? Not a chance, it way further along than any of us know guaranteed. They knew well in advance that part 2 was just some icing for the sundae before the put on the cherry. (Gayest analogy ever).

Salmonaitor
11-22-2005, 03:36 PM
It's speculation to be sure, but consider the info. You know they've had 360 dev kits for about a year. Bungie is obviously going to receive one of if not the first one. They also did tons of hiring over that last year. You think Bungie isn't in the loop of Microsofts plans? They knew approximately when the 360 would be launching before Halo 2 came out. They knew Halo 2 was only going to have a 1 year lifespan. You think they'd leave themselves at scratch for the release of a new cycle? Not a chance, it way further along than any of us know guaranteed. They knew well in advance that part 2 was just some icing for the sundae before the put on the cherry. (Gayest analogy ever).
Well, if they knew all that, then wouldn't they know that Halo and Halo2 would be B/C with Xbox360? You crap on everyone else for "starting rumors", and then spew all this stuff out...not cool.

FB-Gollum
11-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Well, if they knew all that, then wouldn't they know that Halo and Halo2 would be B/C with Xbox360?

No they wouldn't have known about BC because that was decision made later on by MS based on feedback from buyers about what features they wanted. MS knew they could implement BC but waited to make a final decision on that until they had more solid cost benefit analysis.

You crap on everyone else for "starting rumors", and then spew all this stuff out...not cool.

Ok, I crapped on one guy for basically making a slanderous rumour on an xbox fan site. A guy with one post. I figured he was some sony fanboy trying to stir crap up so I slammed him. Oh yeah, his rumour was false.

My "rumour" is based on common sense. Also, my rumour isn't meant to slander anything or spread false information about a product that people are currently making serious fiscal decisions about.

Salmonaitor
11-23-2005, 09:17 AM
Well, I have to say that I don't think it's your job to call people out and ask who they are because they speculate on something that you also speculate on. Your "common sense" is mere speculation, what makes sense to you, may baffel others, so let's take the know-it-all cap off and put our happy caps back on.

It's all good with us, I just wanted to point that out.