PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Games Hacked!!!!

Spaztic
02-21-2002, 10:41 AM
My friend has found the resources to burn xbox games on a dvd. The details and final touches are being worked out. Once the info is ready for public I will let you know. You will not be able to burn the games directly from another xbox game. They will have to be ripped to a dvd! The problem is that xbox uses multilayered dvd so games might have to be burned to multipal disks but since they are free who cares!

I personally don't recommend to anyone to start pirating software. I am going to use it to back up the games I already own (incase my dog breaks them...don't ask I am still ****ed!). If everyone starts burning games the xbox will fail (ex. dreamcast). I believe in supporting a company by buying their games. Once people start burning games and stop buying 2 things can happen. 1. game prices will rise to make up for the sales lost (in other words the people that do buy the games get screwed!) 2. developers will abandon support for the xbox because they can't make money on it.

so once this info is advailable please be respectful for laws established to protect customers and businesses.

so far from what I heard you need:
a high speed connection
dvd-r's
dvd burner-panisonic just had one come out that retails ~$300

this info is still a work in progress and I will let you know about the final info once advailable!

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 10:53 AM
Personally, I think that creating a back up on multiple DVDs is pretty inconvenient. I don't know...that's just me.

JJaX
02-21-2002, 10:57 AM
Ill back mine up old school. On Cassette tapes.....

Do you people even know wtf im talking about?

Chr0nik
02-21-2002, 11:15 AM
Come on, give me a break, how many people will actually use this technology to "back up" their games. This opens the door for poor A S S suckers to start pirating games thus sending the Xbox down the toilet as you mentioned happened with dreamcast.

Once people start pirating games, it will not be viable for developers to continue producing titles for Xbox.

Spaztic
02-21-2002, 11:32 AM
I totally agree! Unfortunatly we cannot control the xbox being hacked! Every system has been hacked! So it is really up to developers to continue support.

Max....I really don't know if it will fit on one dvd or not...my friend said he thinks it will not be possible because the xbox uses multilayer dvd's but who knows! I do think that having a game on two dvd's is a pain in the ass!

thunderkiss2k1
02-21-2002, 11:53 AM
No offense, bryan, but to me the "im gonna back up my games " defense doesn't wash. To me , attempting to copy any system's games for the supposed purpose of "backing them up" is just an excuse to pirate. I'm not accusing you of doing this, but there are others who are , shall we say, "less than honest" ? They would have no qualms about pirating and then selling copied xbox games. Not a good idea.

Shadow Fox
02-21-2002, 12:03 PM
This is old news. Xbox games have been available for burns since the beta versions of Halo and Malice in September. Xbox games can be burned onto normal CD-r/RW's as well, since most of the data's compressed (FMV, audio). DVD-r's cost too much, and would only be the last resort if the binary code is too large. The japanese version of DOA3 (the addon disc) has been available since December on the undernet and several hacking scenes.

GCN games have been hacked as well, and have been available for download before the system even launched in Japan- July 2k1. Since Memorex, Matu****a, and Gip Photo have released 8cm DVDr's for digital cameras, the hacking has been even worse in China over the past few months.

Know this: the hack scene is ALWAYS one step ahead of the console- and this thread is a shot-out to all peeps who thought GOD's and DVD-9 were "unhackable".

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

Afro Aura
02-21-2002, 12:39 PM
Yeah all console game will be hacked I've got a friend who has all the games for the GBA on disk, Now I agree pirating will send the XBOX to oblivion, so I will support the XBOX an buy the games, even at import prices (I have an US XBOX) as I feel this machine will do well and I think it's about time the pretentious Sony have something to worry about, even if there PS2 games are being ripped left, right and centre

Shadow Fox
02-21-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
Yeah all console game will be hacked I've got friend who has all the games for the GBA on disk, Now I agree pirating will send the XBOX to oblivion, so I will support the XBOX an buy the games, even at import prices (I have an US XBOX) as I feel this machine will do well and I think it's about time the pretentious Sony have something to worry about, even if there PS2 games are being ripped left, right and centre Playboy, it's best that when Xbox comes out over there next month, that you trade in your US box for the PAL version- you'll get more affordable games that way. Plus, you guys get Yager first!!

Spaztic
02-21-2002, 01:03 PM
This is old news. Xbox games have been available for burns since the beta versions of Halo and Malice in September. Xbox games can be burned onto normal CD-r/RW's as well, since most of the data's compressed (FMV, audio). DVD-r's cost too much, and would only be the last resort if the binary code is too large. The japanese version of DOA3 (the addon disc) has been available since December on the undernet and several hacking scenes.

I don't really think that is possible since xbox games come on a multilayer dvd. their is no way a game can be ripped unless it is on several cd-r's. Besides I think if this was possible it would be very easy to find info on how to do it, and everyone would be talking about it. But then again I have really never looked to hard! Where is your sources for this! If you don't want to share with the entire forum send me a private message! And like I said before I have no intention to pirate software, I make enough to afford the games I want so I will buy everygame I play! My dog (a 80lb malamute only 7mo old!) will tear the $hit out of my cd's and has already gotten ahold of one of my games. After paying $50+ for a game I shouldn't have to buy it again if my dog tears it apart!

DVD-R's expensive....not really I have found them for resonable prices. Granted they aren't as cheep of cd-r's!

Shadow Fox
02-21-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

I don't really think that is possible since xbox games come on a multilayer dvd. their is no way a game can be ripped unless it is on several cd-r's. Besides I think if this was possible it would be very easy to find info on how to do it, and everyone would be talking about it. But then again I have really never looked to hard! Where is your sources for this! If you don't want to share with the entire forum send me a private message! And like I said before I have no intention to pirate software, I make enough to afford the games I want so I will buy everygame I play! My dog (a 80lb malamute only 7mo old!) will tear the $hit out of my cd's and has already gotten ahold of one of my games. After paying $50+ for a game I shouldn't have to buy it again if my dog tears it apart!

DVD-R's expensive....not really I have found them for resonable prices. Granted they aren't as cheep of cd-r's! I'll put it like this:

No Xbox game has surpassed 1.5 GB worth of data, regardless of what layering methods it uses (although this is a problem when hacking GCN discs). All the files can be seen in a compatable Unix/Win2k machine, and compressed/optimized for Xbox kernel. All you need is an .exe and .bat to run the files, which is not hard. Thus, the game can be put on certain CD-r/RW's (very little will read on Xbox). Think about it: DC/PS2 games are ALOT more than 800MB; yet they are still bootlegged constantly. There is always a way...

And no, I'm not sending you undernet info, as it would land your ass in jail by the time you figured out the lingo anyways.;)

El Pollo Loco
02-21-2002, 03:07 PM
Perhaps if they brought the price down on xbox games it wouldnt be such an issue to pirate them? Some games are like $90cdn which is truckload of beer.

Spaztic
02-21-2002, 04:10 PM
I really doubt that statement about going to jail....I don't even belive that you know how! I think you are pulling a infinate!
(just messing with you!) I didn't even realize that a computer could read an xbox game! That is pretty cool!

Xbox
02-21-2002, 04:11 PM
The thing im waiting for is PS2 emulators on the Xbox, you know its gonne happen.

DIGITAL
02-22-2002, 01:03 AM
pulling an infinte ,lol ,dooes that have to do with his raw beta,anyway no one has figured a way to copy xbox games there on dual layerd dvds ,an you cant break that code ,alot of my friends been bootlegging **** for years an xbox is the one system no one can figure out how to hack,an why would you want to steal games an make the system go under,but i heard there might be an emulator to play ps2 games an dc games plus any older systems,sort of like bleem box!

mahalan
02-22-2002, 08:25 AM
Okay. For argument's sake, let's assume that you CAN hack an Xbox game. This just means that it'll take developers about 3 hours to figure out that they need to incorporate a lot of unused data within their code (to push the amount of data on the disc past the limits of CD-Rs and DVDs) and to dump memory when the disc is removed.

This just escalates things so that 13 year olds with access to hardware aren't able to copy games. Now, you'll need to have some real programming experience to read and modify the executable. Eventually, someone with nothing better to do (eg: no life or social skills) will do this.

Three other people with no lives and social skills will be in awe of that person. He'll still be telling them (and the person at the QuickTrip he buys food from) about it five years later.

GokuX
02-22-2002, 08:34 AM
I don't think piracy killed the DC. PS2 killed the DC. Sega's poor business strategies killed the DC. Developers don't wanna develop for a system that is dead or looks like it will die. U can burn PS2 and PSX games and neither of those is or has been in danger of death, well at least the PS2, and the PS only because its like 6 some odd years old. I don't buy the "just to back up my games" reason as a general use for this. There's only one real reason for burning and that is to get games for free.

Spaztic
02-22-2002, 09:59 AM
pulling an infinte ,lol ,dooes that have to do with his raw beta
Yes!

As far as being able to burn xbox games, I have heard that it is not possible as well. Burning games off the dreamcast killed it, and the ps2 was the nail in the coffin!

Capt Marvel
02-22-2002, 10:17 AM
Piracy did not kill any game consol system.

Piracy=COST OF DOING BUSINESS...It hurt them but they plan for it..Every business does.. Look at MS XP first day MS reports 400,000 illegal copies pop online...LAst time I looked MS stocks are still going strong.. same with Sony... With sony they also have all that music being ripped or MP3'ed they still make money......CODB folks.... Sega was poorly run and in bad shape from years of competing with Nintendo and Sony...Plus everyone knew the POS2 was coming out 8mths to a year later than DC and they had many more games lined up...
Yeah maybe DC was better but hey so was beta tape....where's that now...

Afro Aura
02-22-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Capt Marvel

Piracy=COST OF DOING BUSINESS...It hurt them but they plan for it..Every business does.. Look at MS XP first day MS reports 400,000 illegal copies pop online...LAst time I looked MS stocks are still going strong.. same with Sony... With sony they also have all that music being ripped or MP3'ed they still make money......CODB folks.... Sega was poorly run and in bad shape from years of competing with Nintendo and Sony...Plus everyone knew the POS2 was coming out 8mths to a year later than DC and they had many more games lined up...
Yeah maybe DC was better but hey so was beta tape....where's that now...
I have to disagree the PS2 DID kill the Dreamcast, the PSX sold so many consoles because everyone new the copies were flying everywhere and with the cr@p games they had for the machine it didn't hurt them at all, was it 1 game to 100, Which set the ball rolling for the PS2 as you could still play your pirate games on it as well. No I played VF4 on a PS2 on the day it was released it was cracked so quickly, so again with the piraty back again, who knows if they started cracking XBOX games maybe it'll go the same way the DC went

JJaX
02-22-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Capt Marvel

Piracy=COST OF DOING BUSINESS...It hurt them but they plan for it..Every business does.. Look at MS XP first day MS reports 400,000 illegal copies pop online...

I take it you never messed with XP. It is protected like a mo Fugga and you have to register online and Junk. Trust me, those 400,000 people dont have a working XP on there system anymore. (you can lear a lot from REGEDIT, And MS uses this info)

And piracy helped kill the DC.

Capt Marvel
02-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

I have to disagree the PS2 DID kill the Dreamcast, the PSX sold so many consoles because everyone new the copies were flying everywhere and with the cr@p games they had for the machine it didn't hurt them at all, was it 1 game to 100, Which set the ball rolling for the PS2 as you could still play your pirate games on it as well. No I played VF4 on a PS2 on the day it was released it was cracked so quickly, so again with the piraty back again, who knows if they started cracking XBOX games maybe it'll go the same way the DC went

Sorry I should really read over my posts...PO2 is better ...DC was better than just POS... But I do think some thing DC did was better like the LCD on the controller.. That was great.... But for sure Piracy did not kill DC...helped but that was not the blow that killled...

Capt Marvel
02-22-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

I take it you never messed with XP. It is protected like a mo Fugga and you have to register online and Junk. Trust me, those 400,000 people dont have a working XP on there system anymore. (you can lear a lot from REGEDIT, And MS uses this info)

No its passport that learn about You . I could not care if they know the name I gave my hd or workgroup. Anyways that not the point..

Your missing some of the puzzle... There are store bought version of XP that are protected. But production line XP masters like those at Dell and Gateway are widely available to dl off the NET.. They dont require product keys.. So yes there are 4000000 people all working on day 1 that stayed working . Tell me you nvr noticed that a chain brand computer already has all OS the files loaded on the hardrive and your copy of ms is still sealed inside....Its because the same master copy used to put th OS files on system after system... Once the OS files are on you just DEll ize or Gateway IZE it so the setup that asks for serial number on the side of your computer case or disc ...

If ya dont believe go to ISOWORLD and read back on the NFO from last year....

JJaX
02-22-2002, 12:44 PM
I dont have time to keep up with all that ISO garbage and junk. Rather get some Chump to do it for me.

Capt Marvel
02-22-2002, 12:51 PM

[B]I dont have time to keep up with all that ISO garbage and junk. Rather get some Chump to do it for me.

Well your Chump is feeding you bad info....Ask the experts Go to Home Depot. :cool:

Shadow Fox
02-22-2002, 09:40 PM
Believe what you want, but know this:

-Dual layered DVD's have been around for FIVE years now (not public, but as announced WITH specs).

-Xbox dashboard is a subset of Win2k/NT code, and reads it's data VERY similar to the WINCE autoexec in DC...

-GCN's GOD's contain five layers of data; two of copyright coding, three of data.

what makes anyone think that one layer of copyright can stop data decryption if GCN's two were hacked two months after the final specs were released?

And no, Halo beta and DOA3 LE are NOT ISO's...rather a .zip or .rar archive of autoexec's and two binaries. The Xbox hack scene is 5 months old...

But believe what you want, maybe if you brainwash everyone else into thinking Xbox wasn't hacked, then maybe the bootlegs will slow down some...

Frostberg
02-22-2002, 09:49 PM

Well I rightly paid for the Win XP beta, so I know all about that copy protection, but lets just say you are wrong when you talk about not working XP copies. I know this for a fact because It works. I cant get into details about this, but I know it works. There are special corperate discs that also use a universal registration code. They are for large companies who dont have their computers hooked up to the internet, and dont want to phone in 40,000 40+ digit registration numbers...you just enter the code as you would any other cd-key for say a game and you never see anything about activating Windows XP again...

JohnB
02-22-2002, 10:59 PM
ehh I can get on mirc and easily download windows xp if I wanted... they work perfectly and are already activated. I bought windowsxp for my school for 8 bucks since my school has that deal with microsoft.

Yankeez
02-23-2002, 01:23 AM
xbox has not been hacked yet trust me i work with echelon a major group that i know some of u have heard of xbox has not been hacked yet. Because if it was i would know

xfan2k2
02-23-2002, 10:09 AM
yoo for all of you doubting the windows xp thing... I downloaded xpx the day it came out and im usein it right now. Works fine.. they can hack anything, xbox will be hacked, maybe soon maybe later but I can assure you it will be hacked. PS2 GBA PSX DC just to name a few and those are the most recent consoles. xbox and cube will be hacked, trust me they alwyas find a way. ALWAYS.

Yankeez
02-23-2002, 11:08 AM
windows xp was really easy to get since i work in the warez scene i had xp 2 months before it hit shelves. Im just saying xbox is not hacked im not saying it will never be hacked its just gonna be hard.

Shadow Fox
02-23-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Yankeez
xbox has not been hacked yet trust me i work with echelon a major group that i know some of u have heard of xbox has not been hacked yet. Because if it was i would know Yeah, you work with echelon, yet you have your IP publically logged on a gaming forum. Right....:rolleyes:

And who said Echelon knew anything about the streaming method?

Who said it was anything about the "mainstream" hack scene in general?

And if you're truly in the groups, tell Fu1gore I said wassup...;)

DIGITAL
02-23-2002, 11:58 AM
ive asked one of my friends down with n.b.c , natural born chillers an he said no one has even come close to figureing out how to bootleg xbox games ,but you could bootleg gamecube an ps2

Shadow Fox
02-23-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
ive asked one of my friends down with n.b.c , natural born chillers an he said no one has even come close to figureing out how to bootleg xbox games ,but you could bootleg gamecube an ps2 NBC+undernet=does not compute, but like I said before, think what you want. The less believers in hacks, the better...

GRAVEDIGGER
02-23-2002, 09:48 PM
I dont think this will be too much of even an interval problem, wimply because as you stated "bryahhls" on game would probably have to be burned on more than one disk, because the XBOX usues excrypted DVD9 capabilities. So having on game on about 2 disks would be a total annoyance, but thanx for the heads up man. And i feel ya on that opinion man, we definately dont want this to get started, because if it does the 'BOX will be headin lke the good ol DREAMCAST, and we definately dont want that happening do we fellow addicts?!!?:eek:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

kikimo
02-23-2002, 10:44 PM
I would argue that pirated games actually boosted the popularity of the PS1 in the long run. Everyone I knew had a mod chip in their PS1 yet look how well it did.

Hugh_Jass
02-24-2002, 09:13 AM
It doesn't do much good to boost the popularity of the hardware if you lose money on every console sold and hope to recoup those losses through software sales.

SnOoPy
02-24-2002, 11:57 AM
Shadow Fox,

Where is exactly you got this info from the Undernet? I haven't seen anything of this in the Undernet there duscussion but no one actually bootleg XBox games not even before XBox was release... Bootleg version oof Halo Beta were running around on the undernet before XBox was release? I don't believe that.

XBox has of yet HAS NOT BEEN BOOTLEG insert one of the XBox CD in your DVd ROMS and see what happen...

Snoopy7548
02-24-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
So having on game on about 2 disks would be a total annoyance

well, when u really think about it, it wouldnt be that bad, would u rather pay 50 bucks for a game on 1 disc, or pay like 1 dollar for a game on 2 discs? id rather go with the cheaper cause i would have every game that i wanted for the xbox

Frostberg
02-24-2002, 12:25 PM
Ithink everyone is forgetting something here....you cant put a game on 2 discs if it wasnt made like that....if you are dont with the first disc, how will you play the second one? Its not like there will be a message there saying to insert the next disc, because it wasnt programmed into the second disc...if you pop in the second disc how will you play it? There wouldnt me a menu to choose play....jeez think of the simple restriction folks! It would be a lot easier to clone a DVD9 if you have the right hardware....and a Xbox cloning program which I dont know even exists yet...but still, do you own a DVD-RW? I dont think its worth it if you are buying a dam* $400 DVD-RW when you can just buy a $50 game, play it til you see yourself bored with it and sell it online for $35-40...

SnOoPy
02-24-2002, 12:41 PM
I think everyone is forgetting something here....you cant put a game on 2 discs if it wasnt made like that....if you are dont with the first disc, how will you play the second one? Its not like there will be a message there saying to insert the next disc, because it wasnt programmed into the second disc...if you pop in the second disc how will you play it? There wouldnt me a menu to choose play....jeez think of the simple restriction folks!

Great point... Unless you have a XBox Development kits I don't think its possible. Will it be possible in the future? Maybe.

And if it is I will d/l these bootleg XBox games but I will also buy the game if I like it. If the game is a peice of junk then I won't buy it. But I invested $300 in my XBox and I don't want them to go down so i will still buy the games worth buying to support the XBox & the game developers.

Yankeez
02-24-2002, 01:38 PM
how many cds was shenmue for dreamcast cuz when it got released on the net it was 4 cds?

Snoopy7548
02-24-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
do you own a DVD-RW? I dont think its worth it if you are buying a dam* $400 DVD-RW when you can just buy a $50 game, play it til you see yourself bored with it and sell it online for $35-40...

when u think about it, in the long run, its cheaper to buy a dvdrw and burn your own xbox games (although thats not possible yet). 8 xbox games would cost you about 400 bucks. but with a dvdrw, you can burn almost an endless number of xbox games. even though the dvds might cost alot, theyre still cheaper than xbox games.

Frostberg
02-24-2002, 04:56 PM
Yeah thats why I added the thing about selling your games...I only really pay about $15 for games because I sell them quick enough so the game is still in demand when I sell it...except you get screwed sometimes when you buy games like NBA Live for $50 and I cant even sell it for $30....and its prolly like at least $20 for one DVD-R 9.4GB disc...

Shadow Fox
02-24-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by SnOoPy
XBox has of yet HAS NOT BEEN BOOTLEG insert one of the XBox CD in your DVd ROMS and see what happen... Translation: YOU have yet to see an Xbox bootleg...and you also don't know the difference between software and hardware.

Try sticking a DC disc, PS2 disc, or GCN GOD in a PC. See nuthin, right? Yet they are still hacked. This has nothing to do with reading the thing in your PC; it has to do with serious downsampling and rearranging of code. But you being a fellow Computer Science major know that, right? Play with Dos files (which is STILL the backbone of every windows OS), then get back to me.

*walks away*

Spaztic
02-25-2002, 09:45 AM
Shadow Fox unfortunatly I know that the xbox hasn' t been hacked, if it has I am pretty sure I would know! I'm sorry but unless you can prove me otherwise you are full of bs. You know underground stuff that know one knows but won't tell us becuase you don't what us to go to jail....BS (and if you did know something and didn't want to tell don't even bring it up)!

The dvd's that are public and you can buy are not dual layered dvd's they are 4.7gig, not large enough for burning movies or xbox games, so until you provide a link or some actual solid facts that we can believe don't bother.

Shadow Fox
02-25-2002, 12:02 PM
Shadow Fox unfortunatly I know that the xbox hasn' t been hacked, if it has I am pretty sure I would know! I'm sorry but unless you can prove me otherwise you are full of bs. You know underground stuff that know one knows but won't tell us becuase you don't what us to go to jail....BS (and if you did know something and didn't want to tell don't even bring it up)!

The dvd's that are public and you can buy are not dual layered dvd's they are 4.7gig, not large enough for burning movies or xbox games, so until you provide a link or some actual solid facts that we can believe don't bother. First off, I also stated that PS2, DC, and GameCube have been hacked, yet no one questioned that. And no, I wouldn't show you hacks for them either.

Second, regardless if Xbox is on a dual-layered DVD or not, no game has eclisped more than 1.3GB of data. Now if you didn't know 1.3GB can be compressed to fit into a 700mb area, YOU are full of bs.

Third, why even buy a standard DVDRW if it can fit (and load) autoexecs with a CDRW? I won't explain it more, since you obviously don't even know the basics of porting, let alone the logic behind a hardware OS. One example I can site is the SNES, PC, and MAME emulators hacked into Xbox- on CDRW discs. Draw your own conclusions from there. How did he get a Win32 app to run in Win2k kernel? The same way DOA3LE is being passed around...

But whatever. Think what you want. If you bootleg, you suck anyways.

SnOoPy
02-25-2002, 01:32 PM

The dvd's that are public and you can buy are not dual layered dvd's they are 4.7gig, not large enough for burning movies or xbox games, so until you provide a link or some actual solid facts that we can believe don't bother.
Don't bother, he know it haven't been hack. he maybe thought he's the only one that visit undernet in this forum. I would also know if XBox ever got hack.

First off, I also stated that PS2, DC, and GameCube have been hacked, yet no one questioned that.
I know about DC being hack.. and why it was hacked? Cause the hackers & Sega GD-Roms kits(Not sure if that what its call, I doubt. but it was some kit, i read about it a year ago or so I don't recall) to ripped the DC games & make them smaller to fit in CDR. Not your average jow could of rip DC games just a handful of few. I also seen PS2 games but you need a modchip to play them in your playstation. Gamecube has not been hack, just cause you asume Memorex release a 8cm DVDr's for digital cameras you think Gamecube could be rip. It might be possible in the future but now at the moment.

I might add that it took groups to 6 months to release DC games and that just cause they had the GD-Rom(wuteverits call) kit to hack them... After 3 months of XBox & Gamecube(6 in japan) release I highly doubt they figure it out.

I believe I read somewhere that XBox CD's has some digital signature of some sorts for the XBox to tell if its a valid XBox disk and not bootleg to prevent piracy.

And no, I wouldn't show you hacks for them either.
Ofcourse you won't, you can't show someone how to do something if you don't know how.

Not ripping on you or flaming you but its hard to believe XBox games have been hack without me hearing about it. Seem you the only one on the Undernet that know about this so don't flame me cause I doubt you :rolleyes: Waisted to much time in this subject. Unless someone could provide something written or link of not how to ripped them but to confirm release group has the things to ripped them I won't believe it. :)

Shadow Fox
02-25-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by SnOoPy
Unless someone could provide something written or link of not how to ripped them but to confirm release group has the things to ripped them I won't believe it. :) Then don't. Also don't read the recent interviews with Shigeru Miyamoto, as some of the questions asked about the GCN hacking in China...

Whatever...once you stick to one thing...:rolleyes:

SnOoPy
02-25-2002, 03:06 PM
Then don't. Also don't read the recent interviews with Shigeru Miyamoto, as some of the questions asked about the GCN hacking in China...

I never seen this interview of Shigeru Miyamoto about hacking in China, can you provide a link to this interview?

Spaztic
02-25-2002, 03:20 PM
This so-called "undernet"......I was out there the other day....the only game they got the code to even get to the raw data on the disks was DOA3 and each code to unlock the data is different depending on region and version of the disk.....so dosn't sound like it will not be possible for awhile.....DC and ps2 emulators are already advailable and advailable the public....anyone with copernic can find info about those.....I am not trying to call you a liar or anything....just hard to belive if you don't back up your facts with details or a link!

Snoopy7548
02-25-2002, 03:22 PM
i was in some xbox channles on irc, and i asked how they would fit the games on a regular 700mb cdr, and they said that they would be ripping the movies, cause they take up most of the cd, but that was like a few months ago, and now some channels are saying that theres no way to rip the games.

SnOoPy
02-25-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i was in some xbox channles on irc, and i asked how they would fit the games on a regular 700mb cdr, and they said that they would be ripping the movies, cause they take up most of the cd, but that was like a few months ago, and now some channels are saying that theres no way to rip the games.

There ain't at the moment, if you insert the DVD to a DVD Rom it doesn't read the CD just 2 folder I think appear and the rest are hidden there need to comeup with a way to exract those file and data from the CD then get them to fit into a CD-R and get the Xbox to read the CDR. Like in DC you needed a Boot CD to get the the DC to read Bootleg CD's till they found a way to make them self bootable. Its not gonna be easy in tricking the XBox to play bootleg game but its could be possible.

Frostberg
02-25-2002, 04:08 PM
If they take off the movies and cinematics the game would suck...you wouldnt understand the store...well there wouldnt be one!

xfan2k2
02-25-2002, 05:43 PM
Shadow Fix is the biggest dumb ass ever. Just because he has many posts dosen't mean hes smart. He knows crap. Ive been using warez since I was 8 and im 15 now. Never heard crap out a DOA3LE beeing "passed around"

dude your dumb, your are dumb...plain and simple. Go bother other people.

GRAVEDIGGER
02-25-2002, 05:53 PM
Hell, all this dam flamin' going on, you'd think the digger might have to start digging some graves!! :mad:

But anyways, so i guess its official, as a right not there is no way to burn XBOX games. But according to some statements there is, but all the cinematics would be cut out, then if thats the case, i agree with Frostberg in saying, the friggin game would suck!!:eek:

But whats the big deal about burnng games, why not just by the real thing at the store, then you can be sure that you're getting a quality product from the developer with a warranty(Variable)
Besides, if the "Burned Copy" is gonna be such a problem why even bother with it?

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Frostberg
02-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER

But whats the big deal about burnng games, why not just by the real thing at the store, then you can be sure that you're getting a quality product from the developer with a warranty(Variable)
Besides, if the Burned Copy is gonna be such a problem why even bother with it?

Yep! And if you do like me, you only pay $10-20 per game and you get to play it like a month or more, and no hassle of downloading huge files...plus I guess we all forgot how expensive even a 4.7GB DVD-R is...about $10-15....

Snoopy7548
02-25-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by xfan2k2
Shadow Fix is the biggest dumb ass ever. Just because he has many posts dosen't mean hes smart. He knows crap. Ive been using warez since I was 8 and im 15 now. Never heard crap out a DOA3LE beeing "passed around"

dude your dumb, your are dumb...plain and simple. Go bother other people.

yea, ive been using warez since i was like 11, and im 16 now. i got started when my friends brother showed me the servers on aol.

HaloUK
02-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Ithink everyone is forgetting something here....you cant put a game on 2 discs if it wasnt made like that....if you are dont with the first disc, how will you play the second one? Its not like there will be a message there saying to insert the next disc, because it wasnt programmed into the second disc...if you pop in the second disc how will you play it? There wouldnt me a menu to choose play....jeez think of the simple restriction folks!

Sorry, but you're wrong there. When 'Grandia 2' on the DC was cracked it was put onto 2 disks instead of the 1 that it originally came on.
How they got around it was that both disks contained the workings for the game but disc 1 had the movies from the second half of the game taken out and disc two was the opposite. When you received the game you were told that at a certain point near the middle (the main character gets a special sword or something), you were to save your game and reboot with the second disc (which you would use from then onwards).
So it's not impossible, simply awkward.

... and Yankees - the original of Shenmue WAS on four discs, 3 for the game and one for the 'passport'.

Anyway, I don't wanna see pirate games for the XBox, simply cheaper originals (£30?). Having too many DC games ruined the console for me as I never devoted enough time to any one game after I'd had it about 6 months and my collection was the size of a bloated bear!.

Frostberg
02-25-2002, 07:28 PM
Yeah I guess you could always rip the cinematics into another disc, but for a game like Halo, that would be a huge pain in the ass...but if it was originally on one disc why was it put on 2?

HaloUK
02-25-2002, 07:30 PM
Yeah I guess you could always rip the cinematics into another disc, but for a game like Halo, that would be a huge pain in the ass...but if it was originally on one disc why was it put on 2?
Because DC discs could hold up to about 1gig. As far as I know the only other games affected were Shenmue and Jet Set Radio - Shenmue had some music removed and JSR's music was resample and put into mono...

xfan2k2
02-25-2002, 07:43 PM
hate to break it to ya bud but they downsample and remove things from almost every dreamcast game. I'd know, I have over 180 dreacast games.
It would be bad if the xbox is cracked...but I doubt it will happen for another 10 months or so.

HaloUK
02-25-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by xfan2k2
hate to break it to ya bud but they downsample and remove things from almost every dreamcast game. I'd know, I have over 180 dreacast games.
It would be bad if the xbox is cracked...but I doubt it will happen for another 10 months or so.

My collection is monsterous as well and I disagree but, I really can't be bothered arguing my point - it's late....

Hugh_Jass
02-25-2002, 08:50 PM

Yep! And if you do like me, you only pay $10-20 per game and you get to play it like a month or more, and no hassle of downloading huge files...plus I guess we all forgot how expensive even a 4.7GB DVD-R is...about $10-15....

Not anymore. I just saw DVD-R discs for $2.49 posted on Anandtech in the hot deals forum.

mrmp3
02-25-2002, 08:51 PM
To make hacking a lot harder, companies should just make games heavily focus on dialogue. For ex, I got the U.K. version of Shenmue II off the internet. There is audio during movie clips but when talking to people there is no audio whatsoever. The only reason I know what I'm doing is cause of the subtitles. What companies should do is make a game filled with audio dialogue without subtitles cause hackers will be forced to cut out the dialogue to fit it on a CD-R. Say for instance they took all the dialogue out of Halo (grunts, communication between Marines, Cortanna talking to u throughout the game, and no audio during movie scenes) noone would have a clue what's going on. So people would just go out and get the full version of the game. Companies could use that as incentive to fill their Xbox disc as much as possible and make better games so people will ber forced to buy the game instead of burning it on a CD-R or a CD-RW. BTW, I've only had a burner for less then a year, is there any other types of discs that are bigger than the 700MB CD-R's I could use with my CD-RW drive? Signing off...

Frostberg
02-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

Not anymore. I just saw DVD-R discs for $2.49 posted on Anandtech in the hot deals forum.

Still the DVD Burner is enough of an up front expense to stear me to walmart to actually honestly buy games...I dont know why people say "I just want this so I can try the game to see if I like it" Well isint that what Blockbuster and Hollywood Video are for!?!

SnOoPy
02-25-2002, 11:29 PM
yea, ive been using warez since i was like 11, and im 16 now. i got started when my friends brother showed me the servers on aol.
There the best :p

I dont know why people say "I just want this so I can try the game to see if I like it" Well isint that what Blockbuster and Hollywood Video are for!?!
There no Blockbuster nor Hollywood Video around my way :(
I might d/l a XBox game if its ever hack to check it out before I buy. Thats if I read mix reviews. My few of my friend use to d/l DC games and they also bought the game if its was good & worth the money. If the game sux then they wouldn't waist there money but they were loyal to DC and didn't want to leech DC game & see them fail even though they still did. I don't want to see XBox fail so I would buy the game. I also like having the case & manual to add to my collection, bootleg can't offer that. :cool:

windwatrerthfir
02-25-2002, 11:37 PM
So, you just cant pop in a dvd r and start burning games? Why not? Also, how much do dvdr's cost?

Shadow Fox
02-25-2002, 11:37 PM

Still the DVD Burner is enough of an up front expense to stear me to walmart to actually honestly buy games...I dont know why people say "I just want this so I can try the game to see if I like it" Well isint that what Blockbuster and Hollywood Video are for!?! Anyone with a recent mac has had a DVDRW drive for free for the longest, and the mac irc channels...

Oops, anywayz, It's a miracle of the things you can do with Virtual PC and proper encoding tools...and of course, wiring your own serial connections...

If you guys don't get it now, you won't. And xfan, I've been "observing the hack scene" since 1989 on a 14000bps connection. Were you even born then?

I'm done with this, point is, you want me to prove Xbox has been hacked, yet there really is no concrete evidence to say it hasn't.

But since I'm so kind (and couldn't find the official link due to IGN's screwed up board interface), read this (http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/news.php?artc=2380). While it doesn't entail what you want, it's clear enough that China is "off the d@mn chain".

ISO news all you want- the truth is, by the time some of this stuff get to us slow American wannabe hackers, the real deal has been going on over there for months- and it has. Just wish I had the real link from IGN...

*rummages thru all the old general board links*

Spaztic
02-26-2002, 09:44 AM
Still the DVD Burner is enough of an up front expense to stear me to walmart to actually honestly buy games...I dont know why people say "I just want this so I can try the game to see if I like it" Well isint that what Blockbuster and Hollywood Video are for!?!

ummm.....dvd burners are comming down in price! Like hugh jass said on anandtech they are ~2.50 a dvd-r....not to expensive. and I believe panasonic just came out with a dvd burner for around ~$300 so the technology is there and somewhat affordable

Spaztic
02-26-2002, 09:47 AM
This is off the FAQ on www.xboxhacker.net

Q: Can I burn games onto DVD-Rs/DVD-RWs/DVD+RWs? Can I burn games onto CD-Rs/CD-RWs?

A: No. If someone says you can they are lying. Don't believe it. Things could change, but most likely it is not true. Xbox games have some sophisticated anti-piracy measures. Some people want to back up games, but shame on you if you want to pirate them. Buy your games!

So if you are calling an entire site of hackers liars.....

Whisper
02-26-2002, 10:59 AM
I don't want to get in on the pirating scence... in my younger years (11-14) ... very recently, im 15 now... all I did was Warez I had pirated CDs of EVERYTHING..... I had all the cool pay programs running on my computer, lots of games I didn't pay for and such... I was selling burned copies of stuff, it got pretty sad...

I didn't even buy my PS1 until I learnt that burning games was possible, then I started pirating them too, made lots of money, but it was dirty money.

The last thing I ever pirated was WindowsXP, I don't know what stopped me but I just thought to myself, "what am i doing", then I went out and bought WindowsXP just so I didn't fell guilty anymore

It is so tempting to go out and find a way to pirate XBOX games... but I won't, because I don't want to have to buy a new system in 3 years, I want the XBOX to live on.

Snoopy7548
02-26-2002, 02:09 PM
i hardly even pirate things anymore, i dont really buy things either. i used to pirate everything like 2 years ago, but for some reason i just stopped, i guess it just got boring, cause most of the stuff i pirated, i used or played once, then didnt play it again.

Shadow Fox
02-26-2002, 02:47 PM
This is off the FAQ on www.xboxhacker.net

Q: Can I burn games onto DVD-Rs/DVD-RWs/DVD+RWs? Can I burn games onto CD-Rs/CD-RWs?

A: No. If someone says you can they are lying. Don't believe it. Things could change, but most likely it is not true. Xbox games have some sophisticated anti-piracy measures. Some people want to back up games, but shame on you if you want to pirate them. Buy your games!

So if you are calling an entire site of hackers liars..... Notice the italicized words in your own quote. Even they aren't sure. And how many DC/PS2 hack sites such as this have said the same thing? Many, in fact, many still do to "cover up". Go fig...not saying that this site is, but whatever. Peeps once thought 128-bit SSL encryption was unhackable....;)