PDA

View Full Version : When the xbox came out...

Ninjermy
11-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Did they have midnight releases and people waiting in lines for hours like they are doing for the 360? Anyone know?

wasabi_
11-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes, people were standing in line for it, however, without my knowing, my mom went out at like 11:30 after seeing the xbox on the news, just walked in Walmart a few minutes after opened for the midnight rush, and my mom got an xbox, and like 15 people were waiting all day, and my mom didnt even have to wait a minute in line. I didn't even ask her to get me one, think that was a nice gesture. I just think that midnight rush had a whole lot more supply than the 360, for the Walmart had like 25 xbox's

ll Mista GT ll
11-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Yah.. Microsoft wan't gay back then..... :whistle:

BananaMan
11-28-2005, 09:22 PM
there was a ton of xbox's available at it's launch. they didn't mess up like sony did with the ps2. also i don't think as many people went to get xbox's at launch because it was a brand new console competitor so people were hesitant. where as with the 360 people new microsoft had set themselves up pretty well in the console area so people went out and tried to purchase it on launch. when i got my xbox on launch day my eb had like a ton of them.

JediMasterChief
12-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I remember there was a launch party at the Toys R Us at Times Square in NY. Somewhat the same arrangement. More supply though, as you guys said.

Bmoreforeva
12-10-2005, 11:37 PM
yeah i remember also. i wasnt interested at the time though i was a ps fan boy at the time lol now i see the light