PDA

View Full Version : How EB screwed me, but rewarded me twice for their mistake.

Imperius
11-22-2005, 09:49 AM
A long time ago in a galaxy far..whoops...wrong storyline.

Well, I went to my EB to get my console which is right in front of me in its glistening glory, and I had made choice after choice of what I wanted.

Heres the short story.

They forgot to put my xb 360 battery recharger + battery. However, during the single mindedness of one of the employees, they accidently gave me a free $69.00 wireless controller.. SHHHHHH!

So they owe me my 14 buck extra battery! HEH!

Anyway, comments are appreciated and do tell what you think of my story.

Ford Mustang
11-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Well you're luck you got your system. The extra controller is cool, too.

Salmonaitor
11-22-2005, 09:55 AM
I think you should pay for that controller. I think it's lame that you didn't say anything.

r3lik1
11-22-2005, 10:00 AM
I think you should pay for that controller. I think it's lame that you didn't say anything.

LOL, i wouldn't say anything either!!!! We are getting raped on the price anyway!!! $70 for a controller that took less that $10 to make!!!!

Salmonaitor
11-22-2005, 10:17 AM
LOL, i wouldn't say anything either!!!! We are getting raped on the price anyway!!! $70 for a controller that took less that $10 to make!!!!
But he didn't steal it from the manufacturer, he stole it from the retailer. It's like me saying it's ok to steal your mercedes because you paid too much for it.

Hero
11-22-2005, 11:14 AM
A long time ago in a galaxy far..whoops...wrong storyline.

Well, I went to my EB to get my console which is right in front of me in its glistening glory, and I had made choice after choice of what I wanted.

Heres the short story.

They forgot to put my xb 360 battery recharger + battery. However, during the single mindedness of one of the employees, they accidently gave me a free $69.00 wireless controller.. SHHHHHH!

So they owe me my 14 buck extra battery! HEH!

Anyway, comments are appreciated and do tell what you think of my story.

you make baby jesus cry :cry:

Imperius
11-22-2005, 11:43 AM
I didn't steal anything. To be honest, I didn't know it was in there until I got home. I put my bag in the trunk and assumed I had everything I bought.

So In conclusion, I didn't steal!

And duh, I've never stole a thing in my entire life.

Salmonaitor
11-22-2005, 11:45 AM
I didn't steal anything. To be honest, I didn't know it was in there until I got home. I put my bag in the trunk and assumed I had everything I bought.

So In conclusion, I didn't steal!

And duh, I've never stole a thing in my entire life.
Until now, because you have something you didn't pay for, and you won't go back to the store and be honest. Just sayin...

r3lik1
11-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Until now, because you have something you didn't pay for, and you won't go back to the store and be honest. Just sayin...

Technically(sp), he didn't steal it, they guy/girl who put it in the box did. He just accepted stolen property. Which means both of you are going to jail!!! MMMMUUUUUHHHHHHAAAAAAAA :hardcore:

ShadedNine
11-22-2005, 02:19 PM
I have to agree that ethically, there's no difference between walking out knowingly with a product you didn't pay for in your bag, and walking out with a product you didn't pay for in your coat.

However, at the same time, I'd say less than 10% of people are honest enough to return the product. There's also the question of your time. If you don't discover that the product wasn't on your receipt until you got home...that retailer doesn't have the right to ask you to drive back there and pay for the item when it was their mistake for missing it. You run into a bit of a grey zone with that one. But if you consider yourself an honest person, I hope you wouldn't walk out with it knowing you hadn't paid for it.

Salmonaitor
11-22-2005, 02:46 PM
I have to agree that ethically, there's no difference between walking out knowingly with a product you didn't pay for in your bag, and walking out with a product you didn't pay for in your coat.

However, at the same time, I'd say less than 10% of people are honest enough to return the product. There's also the question of your time. If you don't discover that the product wasn't on your receipt until you got home...that retailer doesn't have the right to ask you to drive back there and pay for the item when it was their mistake for missing it. You run into a bit of a grey zone with that one. But if you consider yourself an honest person, I hope you wouldn't walk out with it knowing you hadn't paid for it.
I would drive back, and anyone that knows me knows I would.

laughs
11-22-2005, 02:57 PM
I agree with Salmy; You're going to hell Imperius :)

F1Ox
11-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Well I have 2 game and an extra controller .But no system. Still waiting on my pre-order.

Imperius
11-22-2005, 06:27 PM
LOL

Hey, I'm an honest person. Seriously.

I returned it this afternoon and they were quite shocked really. Anyway, I still have to find my missing battery recharger, its probably somewhere in the trunk. LOL.

I think that I do have somewhat of a reputation as a good honest human being to keep up so I hope you guys don't think less of me. In the end, I did the right thing.

Oh and btw, they were trying to unload halo 2 action figures on me LOL, how cheap is that.

So anyway, I'm an honest guy, but I think the manager didn't like it that his employee screwed up.

FB-Gollum
11-22-2005, 06:44 PM
So as a result of your honesty, some poor scmo is going to lose his job, you got nothing and are still shy a recharger they probably never gave you (let's see if they'll cough it up for you) and a big corporation saved a few dollars. Thank goodness we corrected that mistake.

ll Mista GT ll
11-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah! I <3 happy endings.

Now let's close this :)