PDA

View Full Version : "TEKKI" ingame shots!!

XboxGamers
02-21-2002, 12:39 PM
WOW!! I need this game!!! :eek:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20020222/tekki20.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20020222/tekki16.jpg
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20020222/tekki21.jpg

SWEET!! ! The special controller that has been specifically designed for the game and features more than 40 buttons (including switches and dials), two flight sticks, and three pedals.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20020222/tekki28.jpg

Vteck3000
02-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Well Capcom did it again this time. I don't know when that game and the joystick is coming out but when it does IT WILL BE A BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG HIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT .............. this is the most beautiful game i have ever seen. yes the joystick seems complicated but hey.......... real people that drive tanks are able to do it........... why not gamers like us............... i hope there's going to be Multiplayer and Online capability........... wow.......... look at the screens............. WWWWOOOOOOOWWWWW :cool:

Hugh_Jass
02-21-2002, 01:02 PM
Holy *&^%!!!

I found a better picture of the controller here:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tekki/img/cnt02.jpg

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 02:03 PM
D a m n, Hugh!! What does that thing cost? $300 or something? Geez! That thing is mammoth!

I really want to see a good streaming video on this game. I hear that it is amazing!

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 02:35 PM
I can't wait until we get more info on this game :D

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 03:41 PM
If this game is as cool as I think it's going to be, it could possibly take over the #1 spot of the top 10 games! This has some amazing potential here, dudes!

gula
02-21-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
If this game is as cool as I think it's going to be, it could possibly take over the #1 spot of the top 10 games! This has some amazing potential here, dudes!

I really don't like this game, it looks horrible. I'm sorry, but that HUD is just huge, its mainly larger then the actual game screen. Jesus, I don't want to feel like I'm flying a commerical airline, I want some fun into the game...:(

Looks like I'll have to wait for a movie to download...

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by gula

I really don't like this game, it looks horrible. I'm sorry, but that HUD is just huge, its mainly larger then the actual game screen. Jesus, I don't want to feel like I'm flying a commerical airline, I want some fun into the game...:(

Looks like I'll have to wait for a movie to download...

Our faithful XBA moderators have posted three movies for our drooling pleasure :D I haven't seen them yet...I have to wait until I get home this evening :) Just go to the main page...right click and select "Save Target As", and WHAMO! Let it download and view. I'm sure you know how to do it :D

gula
02-21-2002, 04:35 PM

Our faithful XBA moderators have posted three movies for our drooling pleasure :D I haven't seen them yet...I have to wait until I get home this evening :) Just go to the main page...right click and select "Save Target As", and WHAMO! Let it download and view. I'm sure you know how to do it :D

Heh, thanks I didn't know they had the movies on the front page, thanks for telling.

Yep I know how to do it, heh thanks! :D

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 04:45 PM

Heh, thanks I didn't know they had the movies on the front page, thanks for telling.

Yep I know how to do it, heh thanks! :D

Let me know what you think! I can't wait to check them out when I go home :)

K-Rock
02-21-2002, 04:58 PM
this game rocks just comes to show you how the PS2 can't hack when the big boy XBOX is in town. can someone tell me where i can downlaod those movies. thanks

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 05:29 PM
K-Rock...dude, go to www.xboxaddict.com (the home page on this site). And, check out the headlines..you will see New Tekki movies! Dude, movie 3 is a MUST SEE! The second and third movies are the best! Don't bother with the first one.

I just about urinated my pants, dude! It's unbelievable! :D I can't wait for this game!!!!

SciFi
02-21-2002, 05:32 PM
if there is a multiplayer (doubt) you'll need more of the giga joystick things:confused: .

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by SciFi
if there is a multiplayer (doubt) you'll need more of the giga joystick things:confused: .

Dude, I think it is multi-player...and, I would think it would be an on-line game. We just need more info on this game to make sure. Good point about the having to purchase more large controllers...I wonder if the regular controller will work for it......:confused:

SciFi
02-21-2002, 05:49 PM
if a reg. would work noone would get the big one...
the thing got like 40 buttons and strange thingamobobers( and the local GCN fanboys bugged me that our controler got too many buttons). the moves wouldn't fot on our controler...
I do think it may be on line (or lan), but co op or split screen style multiplayer I highly doubt, just think how small the game screen would be on a 4 way split:( ...

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by SciFi
if a reg. would work noone would get the big one...
the thing got like 40 buttons and strange thingamobobers( and the local GCN fanboys bugged me that our controler got too many buttons). the moves wouldn't fot on our controler...
I do think it may be on line (or lan), but co op or split screen style multiplayer I highly doubt, just think how small the game screen would be on a 4 way split:( ...

Dude...they would split it 4 ways anyway...it's small for any game split four ways. I would hope it is System Link compatible...but, if you think about it, how could four controllers sit in front of a single TV if they are the length of three XBoxes a peice? :confused:

gula
02-21-2002, 06:11 PM

Dude...they would split it 4 ways anyway...it's small for any game split four ways. I would hope it is System Link compatible...but, if you think about it, how could four controllers sit in front of a single TV if they are the length of three XBoxes a peice? :confused:

Ehh..I can't see a split screen for this game. Your already looking at limited space for the action, imagine if it was shrunk down into a little corner of a screen, wouldnt be able to see anything! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but that HUD is just HUGE! Wayyy to big.

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 06:18 PM

Ehh..I can't see a split screen for this game. Your already looking at limited space for the action, imagine if it was shrunk down into a little corner of a screen, wouldnt be able to see anything! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but that HUD is just HUGE! Wayyy to big.

It seems to me that you can remove the HUD. See Movie 3

stang46
02-21-2002, 06:45 PM
Wow, I jsut watched those movies. This game looks to be very promising. Anyone know any info about release dates?

GokuX
02-21-2002, 06:50 PM
I wonder if it can even be played on the standard MS controller seeing as the Mammoth has the 40 some odd buttons on it. It looks like it'd be easier to drive a real mech. It's cool that those buttons glow, that's gotta be neat looking in the dark.

GRAVEDIGGER
02-21-2002, 10:57 PM
I just came in the forums and say this post, and "Friggin A" this game looks too raw for any other system other than the XBOX. Hell the way this game is lookin, i must have it! Yo Maximus you were right man, movie three is kickin ass!! God Bless Bill Gates:eek:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Retic
02-21-2002, 11:29 PM
The sad thing is I read that this game probably won't come out in North America :(

GokuX
02-21-2002, 11:59 PM
The way that game is looking, I'd be surprised if it didn't come out in the US with a big promotional campaign. I just saw the 3rd movie as per Max's suggestion and DAG. The Xbox continues to amaze me more and more and that's tough to do.

l Maximus l
02-22-2002, 03:02 PM
It seems to me that in the third movie, you can see the camera moving as if it was the view of one of the mech warriors. So, it seems to me that you can get rid of the HUD that gula was referring to (the image of the HUD is seen on Movie's one and two, which makes the viewing screen look tiny - gula's pet peeve...and rightly so...it's definately not as cool as it is with the absense of the HUD).

The graphics on this game are A+!! Just look at the clouds and trees...and how the warrior moves! Geez! The developers definately out did themselves on this one! :D

I hope this game is a hit and that you can play it on-line or something. Because, if it is, I'll buy the mammoth controller for it. I can see myself getting very addicted to this game :D

JJaX
02-22-2002, 03:29 PM
It has to have online play. Whos really gonna have a group of friends that are gonna pay the extra $$$ to get the 40 button mess? No way your gonna get true gameplay outta a controller.
If they dont support online on this game, Its gonna do very bad. Unless tehy hook u up with the 40 button mess for free with the game! That would be sweet........

*FarT*

l Maximus l
02-22-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
*FarT*

Something stinks... :confused:

SciFi
02-22-2002, 06:03 PM
when I said that they can't split it I ment that the screen would be too small because of the HUD. I get errors on the movies:(

Hugh_Jass
02-23-2002, 07:40 AM
Oh, I think you can plan on spending $200+ for that controller. It looks like quality gear.

jhixson2
02-23-2002, 10:10 AM
WOW!!!!!! those look awsome!

JJaX
02-25-2002, 11:02 AM
I just watched the movies and all i gotta say is...

Me Wants!
Me Wants!
Me Wants!
Me Wants!

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 11:21 AM
All I know is that I feel like a 4 year old girl playing hopscotch while thinking about this game :D

GokuX
02-25-2002, 12:06 PM
All I know is that I feel like a 4 year old girl playing hopscotch while thinking about this game

No four squares?? That game owned!

SciFi
02-26-2002, 07:04 PM
All I know is that I feel like a 4 year old girl playing hopscotch while thinking about this game :D
and how do you know how a 4yr. old girl feels like while playing hopscotch???

skoot182
02-26-2002, 07:19 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm...........