PDA

View Full Version : 360's allready going Bad

Go420Dawgs
11-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Goto the xbox.com forums. Alot of systems are going bad allready. Freezing in games, Crashing in the menus. I havent had a problem with mine yet. Good thing i got a year warranty on it :D

Ninjermy
11-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Yup, some systems made in october are already going bad and have stopped reading disks apparently.
Scary stuff...

l Maximus l
11-22-2005, 11:43 PM
If mine goes bad, I'll just return it. I'm not too concerned.

Ninjermy
11-22-2005, 11:53 PM
There are people experiencing freezing, glitches, HDTV issues, black screens, etc...
Hopefully this is only happening in a small batch of the systems or in very rare cases. Anyways... good luck ownerers of the first 360 shippment!

FuNkY mOnK
11-22-2005, 11:56 PM
No problem here, just beautiful HD gaming the way it's ment to be.

l Maximus l
11-23-2005, 12:03 AM
From what I have read, it's 1 in 75,000...that's actually kind of low.

Ninjermy
11-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Maxy, thats number is too low I believe. That means only about 12 xbox's in North America should be malfunctioning. By the looks of it on xbox.com's forum Hardware 360 discussions is going... more then 10 in north america have serious issues...

FuNkY mOnK
11-23-2005, 12:14 AM
I seem to dodge the bullet every console launch, never had any issues even with the ps2. You got to addmit the 360 is a beauty.

BORNGD
11-23-2005, 01:16 AM
If mine goes bad, I'll just return it. I'm not too concerned.

only problem is, they are sold out everywhere, so returing is going to be a pain...mine is running great so far (knock on wood)

Dj Logical 1
11-23-2005, 01:40 AM
ah i guess it was better for me to wait and see all the glitches and all. Anyways have fun with your new toys.

Brevity
11-23-2005, 01:46 AM
It would just be my luck to get a bad one. My first Xbox got on day one wouldnt even power on, way back when those came out. lol

Guess maybe its not such a bad thing that I dont got mine yet.

Nurb
11-23-2005, 02:58 AM
same thing happend with the original Xboxs, some crashed and burned, luckily mine has been runing perfect ever since I got it opening day.. man I loved workin at best buy

Jackyboy
11-23-2005, 08:56 AM
im kinda glad i missed launch now

George89
11-23-2005, 09:54 AM
[quote}From what I have read, it's 1 in 75,000...that's actually kind of low.[/quote]

so that's pretty much like there are probably only a few dozen people who should be having this problem, lol

Whisper
11-23-2005, 10:03 AM
I had 4 straight freezes in PGR3. It always happened in a game lobby. I would push the guide button and it would freeze. So I just stopped doing it. Not when I do it it doesn't freeze.

But I'm getting the 2 year extended warranty anyway. My first xbox from the first batch failed.. so I just gotta get the big warranty.

LiquidX
11-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Hmmm, maybe it's a good thing im broke right now. They better have things fixed around Christmas.

AlphaRaptor
11-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Ok so....a few out of millions have gone bad. Bah, how much you wonna bet half of them are PS3 fanboys...

Ghost
11-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Mine has only froze once. I think it was my fualt though.

I was playing PDZ and paused the game, I then hit the guide button on my controller to bring up the mini dash, on that mini dash there is an option to go to the regualr dashboard, I click it and it was halfway through changing when it froze. So i shut the console off. I havent turned it back on yet, trying to let it cool down.

I dont think mine has gone bad as I stated, i simply think i was pushing the guide buttons too fast, like with a computer.

Tony_Macaroni
11-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Im getting mine next year :):):)

Shadow20002
11-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Do anyone think about that: Cause they play it too much when they got their hands on it?

FatBox
11-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Oh God am I glad I didn't buy one. I knew this would happen just like the first Xbox.

ll Mista GT ll
11-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Hmm... I really hope this is not true.... :(

Actually, I do.... it's so typical.... WTF are Beta testers for? :rofl:

ShadedNine
11-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Most of the problems I've been seeing, and the only one i've actually had, is with the freezing up when working with the dashboard pause menu. Mine froze when I tried to look at a player's game list while playing PGR3. It didn't seem to lock up the console fully either, I could still see motion on the right side of the screen and the sound kept going. That tells me that it's either a software problem, or more likely, a problem with the XBL service. Thankfully, those problems are easily fixed without your xbox ever leaving it's cozy spot.

Jags
11-23-2005, 08:24 PM
ok whos got the balls to step up now and say "Jags ur "Friendly warning" thread was a load of ****
u cant talk now can ya coz i told ya this would happen

FatBox
11-23-2005, 09:13 PM
ok whos got the balls to step up now and say "Jags ur "Friendly warning" thread was a load of ****
u cant talk now can ya coz i told ya this would happen
That would have made more sense with propper grammar!

LeoBreaker
11-23-2005, 09:42 PM
mine's fine (knock on wood)

killerscott
11-24-2005, 12:19 AM
ha my original xbox when i got it wouldnt power up now that I think of it. But soon after I kept trying and then it went. With a horrible fan noise but that soon went away too. So far my 360 has been running flawlessly. I'm not pushing it too far though. I did have a buncha friends over for fun gameplay today though. Everything went good. Also that media center is really cool. If you havnt checked it out i reccomend it.

Jags
11-24-2005, 05:27 PM
That would have made more sense with propper grammar!
..... (im disgusted)

lax_defense
11-24-2005, 05:50 PM
..... (im disgusted)

Why? All your posts are like "LOL UR ICON!" anyway.

Anyway, back on topic-- I wonder if this is just a case of the "first batch blues" or whether its actually software stuff.

It would be really funny (well, in retrospect, but not for all the unlucky souls) if they put Thompson Drives in the first batch just as a joking tradition.

Jags
11-24-2005, 06:21 PM
Why? All your posts are like "LOL UR ICON!" anyway.

:huh: :confused:
lol ur icon
WAT THE **** DOES THAT MEAN!!!!

TheWheelMan
11-24-2005, 08:00 PM
alittle off topic but ya there where problems with most launch consoles......Remember the rumors that the ps2 had capabilitys of launching missiles?? :rofl: hope Im not the only one who remembers that

ll Mista GT ll
11-24-2005, 08:03 PM
alittle off topic but ya there where problems with most launch consoles......Remember the rumors that the ps2 had capabilitys of launching missiles?? :rofl: hope Im not the only one who remembers that

AHahah I remember that :rofl: Good Times

TheWheelMan
11-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Well I think theres a lesson to learn here for all that got the system at launch "The early bird catches the worm, But the late bird gets the better system with price drops and package deals with kool games and all that neat stuff" and im done :D

blazenko
11-24-2005, 08:13 PM
hey friendly warning here...

My xbox 360 works perfectly... but then a friend told me that when u move the system from upwards to horizontal the lights switch places so that the top left always glows when only one controller is inserted... so i moved it to horizontal while the 360 was running and it scratched my disk pretty badly :s

You have been warned... do not move the 360 at all when it is running - at all!!!

FuNkY mOnK
11-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Well I think theres a lesson to learn here for all that got the system at launch "The early bird catches the worm, But the late bird gets the better system with price drops and package deals with kool games and all that neat stuff" and im done :D
No the early bird play games in bliss while the late bloomers only dream. Next time preorder instead of making dum excuses. If anything the second batches are the ones if any that will be rushed for the holiday and after. But don't worry these are top notch machines, I know mine is.

TheWheelMan
11-24-2005, 09:00 PM
But remember patients is a vurtue and will pay off in the end

FuNkY mOnK
11-24-2005, 09:01 PM
But remember patients is a vurtue and will pay off in the end
Pay what? What we already have? Man dream on...Dream on.

TheWheelMan
11-24-2005, 09:22 PM
again even my parents heard about the errors going around with the 360's. In the end its not worth the headache getting a launch console when you can wait and get cheaper prices, better packages and no glitches or errors

FuNkY mOnK
11-24-2005, 09:35 PM
again even my parents heard about the errors going around with the 360's. In the end its not worth the headache getting a launch console when you can wait and get cheaper prices, better packages and no glitches or errors
Whatever man, enjoy your console when you get it.

Tony_Macaroni
11-24-2005, 10:11 PM
I agree with wheel man ... and funky monk ur being kinda immature about it ..... cuz if u think bout it in my situtation .... im waiting til next year with the lower price n packes and no glitches, but im not waiting in agony, im waiting cuz im not THAT eager to own a 360.....i had and have the money to buy one i coulda pre-ordered it a looooooooong time ago if i cared to....... ne ways in other words im waiting for little while whichc affects me none and im getting the better end of the deal along with wheelman and others.

FuNkY mOnK
11-24-2005, 10:17 PM
I agree with wheel man ... and funky monk ur being kinda immature about it ..... cuz if u think bout it in my situtation .... im waiting til next year with the lower price n packes and no glitches, but im not waiting in agony, im waiting cuz im not THAT eager to own a 360.....i had and have the money to buy one i coulda pre-ordered it a looooooooong time ago if i cared to....... ne ways in other words im waiting for little while whichc affects me none and im getting the better end of the deal along with wheelman and others.
Whatever man. enjoy your console when you get it.

TheWheelMan
11-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Bam! exactally and im also content playing and getting new and great xbox games :D

Variation-XBA
11-24-2005, 10:22 PM
All you hear about is the bad ones, you never hear about all the ones working cause people are too busy playing :P

We've only had one in my store come back, and it was a shipping problem (the case was physically cracked).

FuNkY mOnK
11-24-2005, 10:29 PM
All you hear about is the bad ones, you never hear about all the ones working cause people are too busy playing :P

We've only had one in my store come back, and it was a shipping problem (the case was physically cracked).
Even if it where the other way around which it is, we would still have to hear this crap. As for me I'm enjoying every minute as i do with every early addoption.

Tony_Macaroni
11-25-2005, 09:34 PM
i donno bout this thread man it seems like theres a lot of hostility

ShaDovV RyDer
11-25-2005, 09:46 PM
hey friendly warning here...

My xbox 360 works perfectly... but then a friend told me that when u move the system from upwards to horizontal the lights switch places so that the top left always glows when only one controller is inserted... so i moved it to horizontal while the 360 was running and it scratched my disk pretty badly :s

You have been warned... do not move the 360 at all when it is running - at all!!!

Wow...just wow.

Anyways...with all this talk of bugs and stuff on the 360 how much extra do the warranties cost and what is the longest one you can get???

killerscott
11-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Wow...just wow.

Anyways...with all this talk of bugs and stuff on the 360 how much extra do the warranties cost and what is the longest one you can get???

2 year is in the package of the xbox for $60 i think thats what it costs at like bestbuy too.

Nato King
11-25-2005, 09:50 PM
As I was playing COD2 and it did Freez in game but it has never happen again. Played the xbo360 for about three more hours after and nothing else happen.

ShaDovV RyDer
11-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Wait, Scott, what do you mean in the package??? Don't you just buy it along with the console making the total $460.00???

killerscott
11-25-2005, 09:52 PM
You can buy it at bestbuy or anywhere that has the 2 year plan or you can wait till you get home and open it up and in the package there is a thing you can mail in directly to microsoft.

edit: also dont forget about tax. the machine itself is $428 with tax added in.

mattgame
11-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Mine is all good.

ShaDovV RyDer
11-25-2005, 09:56 PM
You can buy it at bestbuy or anywhere that has the 2 year plan or you can wait till you get home and open it up and in the package there is a thing you can mail in directly to microsoft.

edit: also dont forget about tax. the machine itself is $428 with tax added in.

Ok I gotcha. Thnx for the help.

My 360 will only be $420 by the way. We have just 5% tax in South Carolina :hump:

FuNkY mOnK
11-26-2005, 09:35 AM
As I was playing COD2 and it did Freez in game but it has never happen again. Played the xbo360 for about three more hours after and nothing else happen.
For the people who were'nt fourtune enough to snatch a 360 on launch day, let me give you a little insite. First the 360 is more powerful then any computor out there, at least this is what J Allard claims. Second the people who are playing Kameo can agree that they have never seen so much eye candy happening at once that any other tech divice would have puked it's chips out doing so,so it's no wonder that occassionly 360 might have a hic-up or two.

What i'm saying is, and what i think, that there is to much Nitro going on in the 360 and a matter of time till it's contained.

swivel
11-26-2005, 03:40 PM
There are people experiencing freezing, glitches, HDTV issues, black screens, etc...
Hopefully this is only happening in a small batch of the systems or in very rare cases. Anyways... good luck ownerers of the first 360 shippment!

Man... it would be fun to drag up all the threads where these issues were foreseen...

ll Mista GT ll
11-26-2005, 05:35 PM
I love my 360! It's so smooth..... too bad right now all I have is a cutout :(

FuNkY mOnK
11-26-2005, 06:18 PM
I love my 360! It's so smooth..... too bad right now all I have is a cutout :(
Your dreams will come true soon and when it does you will never look back.

ll Mista GT ll
11-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Your dreams will come true soon and when it does you will never look back.

Of course, because of all the stuff people say behind my back, why would I want to :p Just KIDDING :p

SilverOak
11-26-2005, 06:30 PM
.. man I loved workin at best buy

well....that, and the great looking blue polo shirts they give you to wear. :hump:

Tony_Macaroni
11-26-2005, 11:13 PM
r4kt98g3rjmg9ui4nmhokhr5tm