PDA

View Full Version : Stand Off!

Nato King
11-23-2005, 05:50 AM
Some of you might have read around the internet about an ad for the XBOX 360 (entitled "Stand Off") that wasn't going to be aired on television because it featured gunplay. Now, having actually stared at the ad, "gunplay" is the most descriptive word for this video, literally. It's a shame really that it didn't get its 90 seconds on tv that it actually deserves!

you just have to see it for yourselfCheck it out here (http://www.360monster.com/video/xbox/xboxstandoff.wmv)

ll Mista GT ll
11-23-2005, 07:16 AM
I think there was alreaduy a thread for this,,,, either way, it put's things in little kids minds...

Nato King
11-23-2005, 07:21 AM
I think there was alreaduy a thread for this,,,, either way, it put's things in little kids minds...

it has I don't know I am on here alot and I have never seen it before. but if so here it is again for those who have not seen it.

r3lik1
11-23-2005, 08:16 AM
hahahahaha!!!!!! that was GREAT!!!!!! LOLOLOL.....funny as ****!!! I wish they would put this on TV

laughs
11-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Seems long for a commercial, but it's cool.... I guess it could put ideas in kids minds, but how much harm could a finger really do? I guess water guns should be banned also.

Jackyboy
11-23-2005, 08:53 AM
i liked it, i saw nothing wrong

Whisper
11-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Hilarious. It might run in Canada because we're cool like that and a flashed boob doesn't bring our country to its knees.

I like the water balloon commercial too. I love the teddy bears picnic song :)

F1Ox
11-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Funny. They should have aired it.

Jags
11-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Some of you might have read around the internet about an ad for the XBOX 360 (entitled "Stand Off") that wasn't going to be aired on television because it featured gunplay. Now, having actually stared at the ad, "gunplay" is the most descriptive word for this video, literally. It's a shame really that it didn't get its 90 seconds on tv that it actually deserves!

you just have to see it for yourselfCheck it out here (http://www.360monster.com/video/xbox/xboxstandoff.wmv)
serg i love ya i have to say it ur info is always gre4at but this time u R unfortunatly wrong I SAW THE AD ON TV :) :p
it was some good ****

ShadedNine
11-24-2005, 12:07 AM
serg i love ya i have to say it ur info is always gre4at but this time u R unfortunatly wrong I SAW THE AD ON TV :) :p
it was some good ****

You're in Canada. I could be wrong, but I believe only the States is suffering from a case of paranoid censorship.

Hero
11-24-2005, 12:38 AM
ha..i liked the commercial..but i could see how all the little kids would get annoying with that.

SH4MR0CK
11-24-2005, 03:27 PM
I find this commercial to be way better than the jump rope one I wish it would air in the US.

ShaDovV RyDer
11-24-2005, 03:53 PM
That is flippin sweet. In fact all the commercials have been pretty sweet.

SamSmith
11-24-2005, 04:09 PM
I hope we see that over here... I have just seen one ad for PD0, I'm hoping to see more comming up to the launch.

pjh13
11-24-2005, 06:58 PM
that is really funny. the majority of us americans are just to damn sensitive and to intent on blaming someone else for what goes wrong in there lives. I feel really bad for anyone who has ever had violence brought into there lives by gun's but you cant blame tv for that. many people have been killed in car wrecks so whats next are they going to ban all hot wheels commericals where there is a car wreck? that is really all this is they are just playing a game its not even like they have fake guns, they have fingers.

skorp
11-24-2005, 10:16 PM
hahaha... that was awesome!

Man, I see kids doing that with other kids all the time... Cowboys and Indians... Cops and Robbers... Geez!

At least show it late night. :D

ll Mista GT ll
11-24-2005, 10:52 PM
I saw a comercial for madden and PD0 Today :D Sooo cool :p It was during class too :p We watched Atlanta own Detroit :p

Nameless
11-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Thats great. I used to play guns all the time when I was a kid, and I havent shot anybody.

Yet.

N9NEBREAKER
11-25-2005, 08:57 AM
That was bad@ss!! And I'm with Nameless on this one, cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, good guys and bad guys and to this day zero people shot by me.

CallOf2
11-25-2005, 05:32 PM
I think is funny we won't air an ad with a bunch of adults running around shooting each other with their fingers. But we have no problem with showing people on T.V. shows shooting each other with Fake guns. When I was a kid it was those shows that made me run around like the people in that AD. Plus we air the ads for COD2 with explosions and people getting shot. I love america but Censor Ship Sucks.

ShadedNine
11-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Everyone here is making the assumption that the ad was not run on account of the illustration of violence.

Ever given thought to the idea that perhaps it's not about the violence? Perhaps it's about adults using their imaginations, and to those in power, that's far far more frightening than a gunfight in the slums ;)