PDA

View Full Version : questions....

Soundscape
11-23-2005, 09:22 AM
hey guys,

i wasn't planning on getting a 360 even if i had the extra cash to blow, but to my suprise someone has purchased a 360 for me. it is the cheaper core version without the hard drive and other stuff, though...but i plan on getting a harddrive for it ASAP.

now i haven't been keeping up to speed on all the 360 info in the past months since i wasn't planning on owning one myself...so naturally i have some questions.

it seems like everyone here wanted the premium package over the core..why is this?
what advantages does the premium 360 package have over the core system with the optional hard drive besides the additional accessories? willl my 360 still be backwards compatible, and will i still be able to play games over xbl? i've read that you won't be able to play over xbl or have backwards compatability with the core systems...or is this just true for those without the hard drive?

sorry if these are really stupid questions.

AdventChild
11-23-2005, 09:27 AM
hey guys,

i wasn't planning on getting a 360 even if i had the extra cash to blow, but to my suprise someone has purchased a 360 for me. it is the cheaper core version without the hard drive and other stuff, though...but i plan on getting a harddrive for it ASAP.

now i haven't been keeping up to speed on all the 360 info in the past months since i wasn't planning on owning one myself...so naturally i have some questions.

it seems like everyone here wanted the premium package over the core..why is this?
what advantages does the premium 360 package have over the core system with the optional hard drive besides the additional accessories? willl my 360 still be backwards compatible, and will i still be able to play games over xbl? i've read that you won't be able to play over xbl or have backwards compatability with the core systems...or is this just true for those without the hard drive?

sorry if these are really stupid questions.

none of those rumors are true, the actual box (system) you have in the core is identical to the one in the premium package, the only difference is the HDD, component cables, headset, remote, wireless controller. dont listen to the bad things about the core unit, the premium saves you less than 100 bux and you will eventually be able to buy all those accessories for the core unit you have no problem....you should consider yourself lucky to get a 360 at all!

ShaDovV RyDer
11-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Really the only difference is the extras. The biggest one being the HDD. Without it you can't play say Halo or Halo 2 on your 360. Also without a HDD or a memory card you can't play online. As long as you get the HDD you will be set as far as all the same capabilities of the premium package.

Soundscape
11-23-2005, 09:35 AM
thanks for the replies everyone.
you have saved me a bit of research and reading.

laughs
11-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Also, the premium one has a silver tray.