PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Xbox LAN party EVER....

mattcoxonline
02-21-2002, 01:44 PM
Coming two weeks after the European Xbox launch, we are pleased to announce that Xbox will be having a major presence at the UK's largest LAN gaming event. Multiplay UK's i10 event is being held in Newbury over 29th March to 1st April.

With an expected attendance of well over 1000 gamers from across the country, the "XBox Experience" will feature 8 networked Xboxes, for some serious multiplayer gaming action.

This will be the first public European demonstration of Xbox as a network games platform, with the game of choice at the event being multiplayer Halo. This allows up to 16 people to compete in the same game.

For those wishing to experience Xbox outside of multiplayer, there will also be a number of other Xboxes around the event.

For more information and to sign up for the event, check out Multiplay UK's website.

Multiplay's site is here: http://www.multiplay.co.uk/infoshow.asp?id=56&seriesID=3

JJaX
02-21-2002, 01:54 PM
I should take a plane to the Uk and Slap all you Euros in the mouth with my Uber halo skillz :D

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 01:56 PM
I hope you UKers start practicing before you load up Gamespy :D Newbies kinda suck while playing against. But, start advertising all of you dudes to get on-line...I need fresh meat :D

JJaX
02-21-2002, 01:59 PM
But for real, it sounds like its gonna be a blast. Sure wish we could have a major touney in a major city. Show the world that this isnt just a game.

*JJaX cleans his sniper rifle while taking a dump

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
But for real, it sounds like its gonna be a blast. Sure wish we could have a major touney in a major city. Show the world that this isnt just a game.

*JJaX cleans his sniper rifle while taking a dump

I agree...that would be sweet to play on a huge, organized LAN party like that...no lag either! Man, it would be so fun to just show up and spray Hang Em' High with the enemies blood :D

By the way, I just finished dropping a monster growler myself ;)

JJaX
02-21-2002, 02:29 PM
I went to "unleashed" in NY and got in a 4 on 4 with 4 xboxes. Lag free and it was sweet.

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 02:33 PM
I went to "unleashed" in NY and got in a 4 on 4 with 4 xboxes. Lag free and it was sweet.

If you ask me, 4 vs 4 is perfect. 16 total players is almost too many unless you strictly play Sidewinder with all vehicles. I just like the nice balance with 4 vs 4.

JJaX
02-21-2002, 02:39 PM
also with a 4 on 4 with 4 boxes you get split screen not a 1/4 screen.

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 02:42 PM
also with a 4 on 4 with 4 boxes you get split screen not a 1/4 screen.

EXACTLY! I hate 4-way split screen. I can tolerate 2-way...I'm pretty used to it. But, nothing quite beats full screen :D