PDA

View Full Version : Too young eh?

Kyle Static
11-24-2005, 12:52 AM
So I've been trying to recover my gamertag through my 360 in order to play on Live, but I've hit a few bumps along the way. Everytime I would try and connect it would give me a generic error message; then Salmy pointed out I had to link up my net passport with my XBL account, so I went online to do so. Now everytime I try and register it says "due to your age you are not permitted to start an xbox live account". Now this is understandable, since I won't be 18 for another 6 days, but even when I use my dads information and net passport to try and get it it says he's too young to activate an account. I spent over an hour on the phone with 1-800-4myxbox and still no resolution....so now I'm just sitting here trying to link up the two with no luck. Any idea's? Think it could be Xbox.com's fault? I already have a gamertag and live..that much is clear, so what gives?

speedbuggy76
11-24-2005, 11:12 AM
I have had M$ do this to me before. Once you enter an birth date which makes you under 18, they somehow link it to your computer. I don't know if the link is permanent (I don't see how it could be), but if it's not, it's likely a cookie or an IP tracking thing. So clear your cookies and cache and if you have an internet connection that can change your IP when you re-logon (such as dialup or some types of DSL, check to see if u can), then try that. If those don't work, use a different computer since M$ can't trace u there, just make sure that you type in an age over 18 there.

SH4MR0CK
11-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Ya this should do it becouse when I made my gamer profile on xbox.com I put in my real info and it sed the same thing but I then deleted all my cookies and internet files and stuff and tried again and I was able to do it.

Jags
11-24-2005, 06:18 PM
So I've been trying to recover my gamertag through my 360 in order to play on Live, but I've hit a few bumps along the way. Everytime I would try and connect it would give me a generic error message; then Salmy pointed out I had to link up my net passport with my XBL account, so I went online to do so. Now everytime I try and register it says "due to your age you are not permitted to start an xbox live account". Now this is understandable, since I won't be 18 for another 6 days, but even when I use my dads information and net passport to try and get it it says he's too young to activate an account. I spent over an hour on the phone with 1-800-4myxbox and still no resolution....so now I'm just sitting here trying to link up the two with no luck. Any idea's? Think it could be Xbox.com's fault? I already have a gamertag and live..that much is clear, so what gives?
no no no
i had the very same problem then i figured out wat was wrong
see everytime i used to log into my msn (after making the gamer tag on xbox.com) it would give me a WEIRD msg when i clicked the "u have bla bla bla messages"
i fixed that by figureing out that i was using jags6666@hotmail.com on my hotmail instead of jags5@hotmail.com (i used the jags6666 to make the gamer tag) and then changing it back so that jags5 was the dominant passport BUT then i couldnt sign into the xbox thing and i was like WAT THE **** so i thought about it and changed the thing to "ask for my net passport and password every time"
u have to fiddle with it a little bit though

the explaination might be a bit confusing but :confused:

ll Mista GT ll
11-24-2005, 08:05 PM
^^ Very Confusing :p

Jags
11-25-2005, 06:14 PM
^^ Very Confusing :p
:hump: :hardcore:

Kyle Static
11-25-2005, 09:22 PM
hmm...well thats very confusing but I'll try to follow it and fix things haha, thanks!

Jags
11-26-2005, 01:57 PM
hmm...well thats very confusing but I'll try to follow it and fix things haha, thanks!
kk well tell me if it worked