PDA

View Full Version : Here at last....the news about it.

Shadow20002
11-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Microsoft reports Xbox 360 glitches

Some owners complained that their systems were crashing during game play, sometimes with error messages popping up.

On a site dedicated to Xbox gaming, a member called "jsgongwon" reported that he could not finish the first lap of "Project Gotham Racing 3."

"It's a few reports of consoles here and there not working properly," said Molly O'Donnell, a spokeswoman for Microsoft's Xbox division.

Source (http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/11/24/xbox.glitch.ap/index.html)

Heavens Gate
11-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Microsoft reports Xbox 360 glitches

Some owners complained that their systems were crashing during game play, sometimes with error messages popping up.

On www.xbox-scene.com, a site dedicated to Xbox gaming, a member called "jsgongwon" reported that he could not finish the first lap of "Project Gotham Racing 3."

"It's a few reports of consoles here and there not working properly," said Molly O'Donnell, a spokeswoman for Microsoft's Xbox division.

Source (http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/11/24/xbox.glitch.ap/index.html)

That figures and thanks for the post. It seems to happen on every console launch. That's why I chose to wait. Microsoft will offer all the people who holdout with price drops, free upgrades, etc. They are not worried about the people who bought the system at launch, they are going after people who never owned an Xbox or ones who have their doubts. I guarantee before the PS3 hits the shelves that Microsoft will be offering the people who waited great deals like getting free games with the system and other great deals. It pays to wait IMO

ShadedNine
11-24-2005, 06:36 PM
That figures and thanks for the post. It seems to happen on every console launch. That's why I chose to wait. Microsoft will offer all the people who holdout with price drops, free upgrades, etc. They are not worried about the people who bought the system at launch, they are going after people who never owned an Xbox or ones who have their doubts. I guarantee before the PS3 hits the shelves that Microsoft will be offering the people who waited great deals like getting free games with the system and other great deals. It pays to wait IMO

Your argument is just as easily reversed. Microsoft also has to care for their core crowd, because if they lose that, then they're not going to be drawing in any new customers.

It works both ways. Those who preorder and camp and such to get the first shipments will likely get a less reliable machine on the whole. The price is just a given, same goes for any technology, as their cost goes down, so does the retail price. However, while the early buyers may have a few more breakdowns, it's also more in their best interests to make sure they tread carefully to keep that customer a customer, or they won't be buying early next launch, and the fewer people doing that, the less hype the console receives.

bob808
11-24-2005, 07:54 PM
I agree with your point but also with shaded's. you go ahead and wait. so far no problems with my white beauty and while your waiting..... I'm killin germans all over the place! had to take a 5 minute break. call of duty is INTENSE!

Holt88
11-24-2005, 08:32 PM

I'm more excited about PS3 this year. 360 doesn't seem to amaze me. That's why I'm waiting.

FuNkY mOnK
11-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Oh my God what do we do now! My Xbox 360 might crash or show an error! Oh my God! Why did'nt i learn from all the other computers. Damn you MS! DAMN YOU!!! Oh and let me add one more thing,if you're going to post any new that as merit at least use a source more creditable then CNN or Xbox-scene. :rolleyes:

FuNkY mOnK
11-24-2005, 09:55 PM
That figures and thanks for the post. It seems to happen on every console launch. That's why I chose to wait. Microsoft will offer all the people who holdout with price drops, free upgrades, etc. They are not worried about the people who bought the system at launch, they are going after people who never owned an Xbox or ones who have their doubts. I guarantee before the PS3 hits the shelves that Microsoft will be offering the people who waited great deals like getting free games with the system and other great deals. It pays to wait IMO Ok then wait have a nice day.

ll Mista GT ll
11-24-2005, 10:32 PM
Ok then wait have a nice day.

If your gonna edit your post, at least have the decency to add some useful info to the thread, or to delete it ... I'm sure he is having a VERY nice day :);)

FuNkY mOnK
11-24-2005, 10:35 PM
If your gonna edit your post, at least have the decency to add some useful info to the thread, or to delete it ... I'm sure he is having a VERY nice day :);)

You want to know the truth, I'm working on a free spell checker. I really don't care about what anyone thinks... Have a nice day.

ll Mista GT ll
11-24-2005, 10:42 PM
You want to know the truth

Is that a rhetorical question?

wbio
11-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Oh my God what do we do now! My Xbox 360 might crash or show an error! Oh my God! Why did'nt i learn from all the other computers. Damn you MS! DAMN YOU!!! Oh and let me add one more thing,if you're going to post any new that as merit at least use a source more creditable then CNN or Xbox-scene. :rolleyes:
You're kidding right? When did CNN become a non-credible site?

sojourner
11-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Xboxscene is not a dedicated gamer site, it's a dedicated modding site!

ll Mista GT ll
11-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Xboxscene is not a dedicated gamer site, it's a dedicated modding site!

Yea! DING DING DING DING DING! You are our round winner for today! :hardcore: :hardcore:

sojourner
11-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Yea! DING DING DING DING DING! You are our round winner for today! :hardcore: :hardcore:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and wit seems not to be your strong point.

swivel
11-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Your argument is just as easily reversed. Microsoft also has to care for their core crowd, because if they lose that, then they're not going to be drawing in any new customers.

It works both ways. Those who preorder and camp and such to get the first shipments will likely get a less reliable machine on the whole. The price is just a given, same goes for any technology, as their cost goes down, so does the retail price. However, while the early buyers may have a few more breakdowns, it's also more in their best interests to make sure they tread carefully to keep that customer a customer, or they won't be buying early next launch, and the fewer people doing that, the less hype the console receives.

Agree. I would go one further and suggest that the early adopters are the most important crowd. Check out a book called "Tipping Point" to see how economic theorists posit that "Mavens", which are usually the early adopters, control the dominance of certain products in the marketplace.

One of the best books of the last 5 years, and applies greatly to the 360. A must-read.

FuNkY mOnK
11-27-2005, 09:11 AM
You're kidding right? When did CNN become a non-credible site?
No I'm not kidding, as far as politics go maybe they have some credit who Knows? As far as gaming goes, they have'nt an original thought of there own, they get thier source from xbox-scene,at least get it from the addict. I would bet that more then half the peanut brains at CNN if not all, have a clue as to what Halo is or 360, I'm pretty sure.

FuNkY mOnK
11-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Is that a rhetorical question?
The truth nothing but the truth...I think?