PDA

View Full Version : DVD's that don't work with Xbox

robsterrocks
02-21-2002, 02:07 PM
Jeepers Creepers and Snow White special edition use a certain macrovision that Xbox can't read.I have Jeepers Creepers and can't use it. If anybody else knows of any more, post em up so we don't buy them.

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 02:08 PM
Not to be rude...but, why in sam hell would you watch either of those two movies and taint your XBox?

hehe...jk, dude...welcome to the forums! :D

robsterrocks
02-21-2002, 02:11 PM
My girlfriend is alittle wacked on movie preferences.

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by robsterrocks

hehe...I know what you mean, dude :D By the way, a dude that you will get to know in here nicknamed "Ninja Scroll" also had no luck with Snow White. Don't ask me why he tried playing it, too...We already trash talked him into misery for bringing it up :D The trash talk on this site is done with good taste and fun. We are all buddies here! So, welcome to the forums, buddy! :)

JJaX
02-21-2002, 02:18 PM
BWhAHahahaH Snow white.

Ninjas in that movie i think........

BwhahAHahHHAhah

nik2deep
02-21-2002, 02:56 PM

whats that I here...a whip cracking....is that for you?

Why don't you grow a pair..or take yours back from your Girl...aka boss.....and put your foot down...say...B1TCH...THOSE MOVIES SUCK YAM BAG!!!! I WILL NOT BE SEEN PURCHASING...RENTING...WATCHING....OR EVEN READING THE BACK COVER OF TEH BOX...NOW DO YOUR JOB AND GET ON YOUR KNEES...

and she says...YES SIR.....

case closed

robsterrocks
02-21-2002, 03:15 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with my girlfriend watching what she wants on the Xbox.After all she's getting into the games as well(it's always cool to have a girlfriend in playing games).I don't think that's being whipped.Maybe you should ask your boyfriend ahem,I mean girlfriend (if you have one) the same question smart a$$

mattcoxonline
02-21-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Ninjas in that movie i think........

Only in the DVD version....he's the eigth dwarf.... lmao

robsterrocks
02-21-2002, 03:31 PM
???

xboxpebbles
02-21-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

hehe...I know what you mean, dude :D By the way, a dude that you will get to know in here nicknamed "Ninja Scroll" also had no luck with Snow White. Don't ask me why he tried playing it, too...We already trash talked him into misery for bringing it up :D The trash talk on this site is done with good taste and fun. We are all buddies here! So, welcome to the forums, buddy! :)

lol..o the memories...
yes --- ninja and his snow white dvds
its practically a classic:D
j/k ninja -- we all have a disney movie
or two...
as maximus said..welcome to the forumS!:D :D

GokuX
02-21-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by xboxpebbles
we all have a disney movie
or two

NOPE

batman46st
02-21-2002, 07:38 PM
Jeepers Creepers and Snow White special edition use a certain macrovision that Xbox can't read.I have Jeepers Creepers and can't use it. If anybody else knows of any more, post em up so we don't buy them. Dude not to make u feel dum or anything im not saying u are but its a double sided dvd(jeepers creepers) one side u get the making and stuff of it and then on the otherside u get the movie. It worked on my xbox.

robsterrocks
02-21-2002, 08:15 PM
Jeepers Creepers the movie does NOT work on any Xbox made.Only the side of the making of the movie works,not the movie itself.

StudioAlex
02-21-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by GokuX

NOPE
I really don't see what the big deal is about owning Disney movies. Those of us that aren't still children were kids at one time, and I seriously feel sorry for you if you were denied Dumbo or Pinnochio or Snow White. Sure, Disney can't make a decent film these days but long ago, they made classic films. And Lion King sux. Alladin is the only decent one of the recent batch.

facadeface
02-21-2002, 09:13 PM
You must be on glue buddy. J/K I had that DVD sitting upstairs sealed and everything................and you made me run all the way up there to open it (which always fun getting your nails under that tape) and try it and you know what....it worked.....................FINE FINE FINE FINE. On both sides. You sure your version isn't R2 or anything?:D I have a couple uh.......lets just say "after hours" DVDs that are burnt on both sides and they work fine too, although they won't play on the bonus side of my Friends ps2, but hey thats his problem for buying that thing. :cool:

facadeface
02-21-2002, 09:20 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to add that Jeepers Creepers is the movie I have. Not Snow White. Just had to clear that up.

Wu3000
02-21-2002, 10:02 PM
i rented jeepers creepers and watched it at my friends house on his xbox it worked fine, maybe you got a bad copy?? i dunno

man i understand about girl friends who have weird movie preferences, my girl always rents weird ass games and movies(always tainting my xbox with girlie sh*t)

but hey man welcome to the forum. and for who ever helped me with the samurai on genma, THANK YOU!!

im out
wu

Wu3000
02-21-2002, 10:05 PM
oh yeah and all my "after hour double sided 6 hour" movies work well too.:rolleyes:

uhh yeah had to throw that inthere too:D

wu

batman46st
02-22-2002, 12:11 AM
Jeepers Creepers the movie does NOT work on any Xbox made.Only the side of the making of the movie works,not the movie itself.
I'm not lying man i rented the movie a while back from my local blockbuster its a two sided dvd thing one has the special featuresand the other has the movie if u turn the dvd upside down and put it in the xbox it'll work unless u have something wrong with your box IN MINE I WORKED..

TRUE_GAMER
02-22-2002, 12:34 AM
I know that "Whats the worst that could happen" bdoesn't work.

thunderkiss2k1
02-22-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Not to be rude...but, why in sam hell would you watch either of those two movies and taint your XBox?

hehe...jk, dude...welcome to the forums! :D

Hey Maximus, Jeepers Creepers is not a bad movie. By the way, I've watched it on my xbox with no problems. :)