PDA

View Full Version : monster hd component cable w/optical audio out

bob808
11-25-2005, 12:07 PM
I cant find this cord anywhere!! PC-connection.com has it on their site but they dont know when will be able to ship it. they say 2+ weeks. pretty vague.... I called all the stores in the surrounding area and NOBODY has ANY monster cable stuff! bummer! :mad:

l Maximus l
11-25-2005, 01:42 PM
I know, man...I feel your pain...I have a DLP Projector mounted to my ceiling and 6 feet of cable is not cutting it for me. I'm not saying that the Monster cable is longer because I'm not sure, but, I'm definately looking for a longer Component Video cable for the XBox 360...I need atleast 12 feet.

LeoBreaker
11-25-2005, 02:46 PM
http://revision3.com/systm/avcabling/

ShadedNine
11-25-2005, 06:21 PM
http://revision3.com/systm/avcabling/

Or, if you don't want to go through crimping them yourself, and don't want to pay monster's ridiculous prices, you can get basically the exact parts in a cable that link is recommending at www.bluejeanscable.com (the only Belden certified assembler that caters to the consumer industry).

Length isn't the only issue here either. The included cable is garbage. I can see quite a bit of distortion resulting from it.

I've written to Bluejeans requesting a quote on having them tear apart and rebuild my 360's AV pack.

If they can't or won't do it, I'll do so, or try to do so, myself (that is, break apart that little black adapter bit, rip out all the cheap cables, solder on 3 Belden cables in place of the component input, and all while leaving the optical output unit intact)

bob808
11-25-2005, 07:55 PM
'Or, if you don't want to go through crimping them yourself, and don't want to pay monster's ridiculous prices, you can get basically the exact parts in a cable that link is recommending at www.bluejeanscable.com (the only Belden certified assembler that caters to the consumer industry).'
While I agree that $70 is alot to pay for Monsters cable (with 3 component cables and 1 optial cable and xbox 360 plug on the other end) it's not much more than bluejeans 12' component cable with rca jacks on both sides ($58) and then add whatever they would charge to customize the cables to the xbox plug. not even counting the price of the digital optical cable...
i personally have always been happy with the quality of monster cables, even if the price is a lot for some wire and plugs...

ShadedNine
11-26-2005, 01:09 AM
True, though Blue Jeans does make a better cable, you probably won't notice any difference unless you're running over 20 feet. Most likely I'll end up modifying it myself, chances are no company is going to get within 100' of opening up anything made by Microsoft. I can get Belden and Canare parts from a local supplier here.