PDA

View Full Version : PGR 3 or PD0?

ll Mista GT ll
11-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Hello folks,

When I get my 360, I want to get ONE game, and a wirless controller along with my Premium package.

I want to get MAX online play. From what I can see, NFS:MW insn't online, so that;s out of the question.

Is PD0 online? I know PGR 3 is, so I know one is racing, and one is FPS (or w.e) but which should I get for better online play?

Thanks,
XFK

Nato King
11-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Hello folks,

When I get my 360, I want to get ONE game, and a wirless controller along with my Premium package.

I want to get MAX online play. From what I can see, NFS:MW insn't online, so that;s out of the question.

Is PD0 online? I know PGR 3 is, so I know one is racing, and one is FPS (or w.e) but which should I get for better online play?

Thanks,
XFK

It depends on what you are looking for in a game. PD0 is a cool game I am going to play it tonight and I will tell you more about it than but I am not too deep in the car games like PGR3 never was. so Right now I am going to the store and trade it in for something else. like Gun or something along that line. Quake4 maybe. I will see.

ll Mista GT ll
11-26-2005, 11:36 AM
It depends on what you are looking for in a game. PD0 is a cool game I am going to play it tonight and I will tell you more about it than but I am not too deep in the car games like PGR3 never was. so Right now I am going to the store and trade it in for something else. like Gun or something along that line. Quake4 maybe. I will see.

Ok, sound cool. But like I said above, It's all about the live play for me. Also, the graphics are a big deal. :)

George89
11-26-2005, 11:39 AM
well if it were me, i'd get Perfect Dark Zero. It has big maps, can handle a lot of players, and, for practice, you can even play offline multiplayer with bots

aircobra
11-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Need for Speed is online. I would go with Perfect Dark.

Double_Diablo
11-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Perfect Dark Zero. I've already had many sleepless nights playing the Dark-Ops gametypes. Best game I've ever played. Take the best elements of Rainbow Six, Halo 2 and Counter-Strike and you get Perfect Dark Zero's online multiplayer component.

ll Mista GT ll
11-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Oh, so you get modded and standbyed!? Yeah! :hump:

FuNkY mOnK
12-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Like you said, you're asking for two complete different games, one is a shooter and the other a racer. I'd say Call of duty2 or PDZ. Then when you're ready for air up your nostrals get PGR3.

Soundscape
12-03-2005, 07:23 PM
i think PD0 blows in comparison to halo and even halo 2. the graphics aren't that good, either. but i'd assume that PD0 probably has better live play than pgr2.
the maps in PD0 are pretty terrible aswell. i bought a 3 month gold xbl subscribtion and don't even use it because i almost never play the game.

guess i'll just have to wait for oblivian until i can get some time in on my 360...or maybe i'll just sell it.

killerscott
12-04-2005, 01:54 AM
I completily disagree with the last poster. In pd0 the graphics are great in my opinion... better than anything else out on previous systems. The online play is great. The map design is alright... Not amazing but its pretty good. Soundscape is a cook. My girlfriend has pgr3 and I believe it's graphics would be more of a let down to you. It doesn't look bad. It just doesn't look much better than pgr2. Also The online play doesn't seem to be anything new or special. (pd0 can have 30+ people, IDK the actual number but ive played with more than 30 and I have never experienced any lag.)

Whisper
12-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Definently go with PD0. If you don't you won't be able to hear in the incomparable Ahnold yelling JOANNNNAAA GEET DO DEE CHOPPAAA

George89
12-04-2005, 01:37 PM
i think PD0 blows in comparison to halo and even halo 2. the graphics aren't that good, either. but i'd assume that PD0 probably has better live play than pgr2.
the maps in PD0 are pretty terrible aswell. i bought a 3 month gold xbl subscribtion and don't even use it because i almost never play the game.

guess i'll just have to wait for oblivian until i can get some time in on my 360...or maybe i'll just sell it.

i don't get how people say its graphics aren't that good....i mean, have you seen a console shooter that has better graphics than it (well, maybe besides COD2)

Dj Logical 1
12-04-2005, 02:19 PM
so i saw a screenshot of pd0 and at no moment did i think it was next gen, but i guess its all on the content. If i had a 360 and a chance to get eitther i would go with pgr3 because it looks amazing

George89
12-04-2005, 02:38 PM
so i saw a screenshot of pd0 and at no moment did i think it was next gen, but i guess its all on the content. If i had a 360 and a chance to get eitther i would go with pgr3 because it looks amazing

if you watch a video of it though, it looks so good. personally don't think PGR3 looks much different from last generatin.

super_ryu
12-04-2005, 03:19 PM
PD0 is online and it's probably the best Live game (for me), right now. The battles are action packed, and pretty crazy. But it's really up to what you enjoy, seeing how these 2 games are in far different genres.

George89
12-04-2005, 04:13 PM
PD0 is online and it's probably the best Live game (for me), right now. The battles are action packed, and pretty crazy. But it's really up to what you enjoy, seeing how these 2 games are in far different genres.

...but there are also people who say PZ0 has very boring multiplayer....so i'd suggest maybe renting this game first, since it is getting very, very, very mixed opinions

killerscott
12-04-2005, 07:03 PM
yeah... It's definately an Xbox live title. Ya know, some titles are just geared around the live game and PD0 is one. I will admit, I have only played probably an hour of the campaigne... Then again I only played about 20 minutes of RTCW campaigne. That was one of my favorite xbox games just for the live play.

blazenko
12-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Steal cheat scam, do what ever you can! To buy them both!!!

Soundscape
12-05-2005, 02:14 PM
i don't get how people say its graphics aren't that good....i mean, have you seen a console shooter that has better graphics than it (well, maybe besides COD2)
i mean they're not that good for what the 360 is capable of. pd0's graphics don't look much better than halo 2's. i won't even get into the gameplay, because i think it's pretty terrible.