PDA

View Full Version : ps three Multiplatform

odpr
11-26-2005, 11:32 AM
From what I see so far the new Xbox is good but not amazing, I think that the new Playstation will be better, BUT!
since there is the multiplatform thingy, since every software house won't start to build a game from scratch jus to meet the play station advanced hardware, what will happen is what happen with the current Gen, the Xbox games look very similar to the playstaion since nobody have power to publish game dedicated to the playstaion or Xbox, so I guess although playstaion will be much better there won't be much difference,
although if I were you I would wait to see what they have to offer, they are very quiet and when they are quiet they are most dangerous...

laughs
11-26-2005, 01:16 PM
I don't think the ps3 will be much better than the 360.... If it's better at all. And when they come out, their system will be like 3 times the price of a 360(considering the 360 has a price drop) Anyway, it's all going to come down to exclusives... In my opinion, the systems performances will be basically the same.
Another thing... When the ps3 makes it's debut, the 360 will be producing games that are working on more than 1 core :hump: While the ps3 will be in phase 1.

Madhattr
11-26-2005, 01:37 PM
PS is also losing developers because of the cost of putting a game on the playstation so I think that this time around the 360 will be slightly less powerful but it will have piles of games on it.

Thats pretty much the complete reversle of the last gen.

ShadedNine
11-26-2005, 01:47 PM
PS is also losing developers because of the cost of putting a game on the playstation so I think that this time around the 360 will be slightly less powerful but it will have piles of games on it.

Thats pretty much the complete reversle of the last gen.

I think that's going to be the key factor siding with microsoft this generation. Sony is a hardware company first and foremost, and while it's easy to turn around and hire a pile of software engineers to come up with a development platform, it's not going to compare to what the Microsoft DirectX team can do.

It's often not realized how much of a hand microsoft has had in the development of gaming over the years, even if they don't directly output games (except through seperate in-house studios). OpenGL has been the only competitor on this front, and DirectX has been far more successful. They've also mastered the art of making developers' lives easier with hands down some of the best documentation in the industry and countless information and help resources. All this enables microsoft to draw in developers not only from previous consoles who might not have directX experience, but also opens the doors to some excellent PC game developers (Bioware, Creative Assembly, Blizzard [Swingin' Apes])

Whisper
11-26-2005, 03:14 PM
they're quite because they're all playing the 360 :)

theyre addicted too.

pitt4ever
11-26-2005, 03:19 PM
I agree, one of the reasons the Dreamcast went down was the lack of EA. XBOX 360 has EA's full support.

CallOf2
11-26-2005, 04:27 PM
I don't think PS3 is going to be better. I think that the only reason the current 360 titles admitedly don't look that much better than the Xbox 1 (don't get me wrong it looks awesome but not at all what I had visioned it to be) is because the Game Developers haven't come up to the next gen game level making yet. I don't think. But I hear people saying COD2 looks just as good on my 360 as it does on my Computer like its a bad thing. That has never been accomplished on a console till 360. I really hope that the game developers can keep up with the Hardware Developers.

odpr
11-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Actually seeing the Ps movies I can say that they are much better then the new Xbox, although up until now it's very unclear if this movies is real or just pre rendered..

I can only remind you all that before the E three every one was talking on the new Xbox and how much it's going to blow.. and so, and after the convention every one was talking on the new ps, Sony has the ability to be quiet and then to surprise with really amazing technology,
plus today Sony hold the best exclusive that appeal to most of the world audience, I again remind you that only The US love very mush the firs person shooter, while in Europe, Israel, and Japan, it's a nice to have genre, but nothing more, [people want more of ninja gaiden and such, and play station is definitely delivering,
I hope Microsoft will learn from there previous mistake of being a console of sport titles and first person, take a look at the lunch titles
again most of it is sport and first person.....

very bad/.

Jamo
11-26-2005, 05:35 PM
That has been fixxed. Where have you been. The 360 is getting a slew of RPG's including a Final Fantasy game. And also it has been confirmed that nearly the entire time at E3 Sony was hiding behing Special CG graphics to make the 360 look not as good. 98% of what they shoiwed waas special CG i heard. Besides that the 360 can do so much more. I havent heard the PS3 doing all the stuff i found i could do on my 360. The PS3 better get up and make me breakfast before i pay 5 to 600 dollars for it. Because the graphics alone won't help it and besides it won't be noticably different.

Variation-XBA
11-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Actually seeing the Ps movies I can say that they are much better then the new Xbox, although up until now it's very unclear if this movies is real or just pre rendered..

we already know they are pre rendered and not running on a REAL PS3, since it was on high end G5's that were equivilant to what a PS3 may be.

Heavens Gate
11-26-2005, 11:02 PM
PS3 always drops a bomb. Yes folks, the time will come indeed. Just wait and see what they pull out of the hat this time around!!!

bob808
11-26-2005, 11:07 PM
sony fanboy anyone?
the 360 is #1 in the here and now. there is no compitition for it. its much more powerful than the high end computers (processors and graphics). we'll have to wait and see what sony and nintendo bring to the table. until then you're just gushing out your @ss.

ShadedNine
11-27-2005, 12:35 AM
That has been fixxed. Where have you been. The 360 is getting a slew of RPG's including a Final Fantasy game. And also it has been confirmed that nearly the entire time at E3 Sony was hiding behing Special CG graphics to make the 360 look not as good. 98% of what they shoiwed waas special CG i heard. Besides that the 360 can do so much more. I havent heard the PS3 doing all the stuff i found i could do on my 360. The PS3 better get up and make me breakfast before i pay 5 to 600 dollars for it. Because the graphics alone won't help it and besides it won't be noticably different.

Yep. Winning over Square Enix was huge for Xbox, and should be indicative of the things to come. But really, I'm not too concerned with most of the titles coming out of Japan, such as metal gear, since they're just 5-10 hour rentals anyway, with no or trivial online support. I think I'm having just as much fun with Kameo anyway. Give me online sports and FPS games and I won't complain ;)

swivel
11-27-2005, 08:46 AM
I feel sorry for those of you that can't afford more than one console. Anyone who puts all of their eggs in one basket is missing out somewhere.

I've had hundreds and hundreds of hours of fun in front of all three consoles this last generation. And right now the consoles only cost 2 - 3 games. Anyone can afford to own multiple systems if they use Gamefly, rent, or buy pre-owned.

If you go around denigrating the things you never try, you are going to miss out on a lot in life.

My $0.02

odpr
11-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Well maybe in the US you can afford all three consoles, but in most countires the console cost like seven games. and every game cost like three games in the states, plus most of the games have multi plaftform, so u can buy the best console, and enjoy, for example this generation was quite a stuiped maneuver to buy PS..

F1Ox
11-27-2005, 05:22 PM
I don't think the ps3 will be much better than the 360.... If it's better at all. And when they come out, their system will be like 3 times the price of a 360(considering the 360 has a price drop) Anyway, it's all going to come down to exclusives... In my opinion, the systems performances will be basically the same.
Another thing... When the ps3 makes it's debut, the 360 will be producing games that are working on more than 1 core :hump: While the ps3 will be in phase 1.
I agree to.

ll Mista GT ll
11-27-2005, 05:35 PM
I agree to.

What do you agree "to"????? :whistle: