PDA

View Full Version : NFSMW Review on XBA

AdventChild
11-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Check out my review of Need for Speed Most Wanted (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/staff_reviews/view_xbox360.php?Product_ID=1061) on the Home Page (http://www.xboxaddict.com) , hit me up on live if you want to race!

pitt4ever
11-28-2005, 08:39 AM
You're one lucky SOB, do you know that? You have an XBOX 360 with 12 launch titles! Can I come over to your house?

Salmonaitor
11-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Don't confuse luck with the merrits of hard work for hard play.

Nato King
11-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I read your review and it's just how I feel about the game. Like you were reading my mind. Nice Review

Jackyboy
11-29-2005, 03:35 PM
nice review, but i really like split screen with my friends and xbox live is kinda expensiv so i might not get this one

ll Mista GT ll
11-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Broken Link :D

l Maximus l
11-30-2005, 01:53 AM
Very good review...I put this game up on top of all the racing games I've ever played. The game is so immersive and I feel that I have only scratched the surface. So far, I'm on blacklist #9 and am having no problem with my progression...my only problem, though, is getting me off of my XBox 360 and stop playing it!

I like how you mentioned that the game makes you feel that you are actually there...taking every insult almost personal...and wanting to kick the rivals' asses that much more...The game is simply immersive...I'm addicted.

Quite honestly, you have me stoked for XBox Live...I haven't tried this mode yet because I've been so immersed with the career mode. I can't play as much as I want because of my J o b...and the traveling I'm doing...but, come Saturday and Sunday, I'm all over my 360 with NFS like stink on dung.

trixmaster
11-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Good review, I also love this game. However, I have a question about all these reviews. Does nobody edit them? Every review i've read here has some typos and grammar errors. Maybe think about getting someone to read over your reviews before you upload them.

mattgame
12-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Good job.

ShadedNine
12-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Agreed for the most part, but I would have liked to see a lot more of the police in the game, particularily during races. In free roam mode, I've only been caught once, and I'm nearly done the game...the one time I was caught, my tripped over a buggy jump and landed upside down. In races, the cops don't even slow me down. Their lackluster effort and rare appearances during racing are dissapointing.

I also miss a difficulty setting. The game doesn't even become remotely challenging for me until the very end, at which point it still only takes a few runs of the track to learn it at worst.

l Maximus l
12-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Agreed for the most part, but I would have liked to see a lot more of the police in the game, particularily during races. In free roam mode, I've only been caught once, and I'm nearly done the game...the one time I was caught, my tripped over a buggy jump and landed upside down. In races, the cops don't even slow me down. Their lackluster effort and rare appearances during racing are dissapointing.

I also miss a difficulty setting. The game doesn't even become remotely challenging for me until the very end, at which point it still only takes a few runs of the track to learn it at worst.

Good point, though, it is a minor shortcoming, I think. I'm having a blast with NFS overall...I'm so happy that I bought this game...I almost picked up PGR instead...which I still want to check out. I'll probably rent PGR, though.

skitzofraen
12-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I couldnt agree more about the fact that the game should have been 60 frame per second.....its still an amazing game though

Yellowlab
12-08-2005, 03:07 PM
This and Condemned were two games that were a pleasant surprise - much better than I anticipated. My only gripe about NFS:MW would be that everything is too yellow. I would like to see a few changes of environment (color) and perhaps a few night races. Also, is it just me or do all the cars feel like they have the parking brake on when starting the car up from a standstill or coming to a stop? It's an odd feeling trying to start your car off from a dead standstill as it isn't smooth at all.

ShadedNine
12-08-2005, 06:25 PM
There's a bit of a trick to starting up. It's a bit exaggerated in how much your tires will spin, even on the earliest cars in the game. If you slowly let on the trigger, you can get a much much faster start. Or, better still, go full out, and give your car a quick shot of boost to catch it up with your tires. The tires will grip a lot sooner, and you'll have a good chunk of speed right off the line (I also always tune my boost to give the shortest/strongest effect possible).

Couple other tips: don't bother buying a new car if you can't afford the turbocharger for it (or haven't unlocked the first available one for whatever car, I learned this lesson after buying a Murcielago the moment I unlocked it). The TC adds far more power to the car than the stats it shows as you're adding it.

If you're into making yourself an ultimate car to win the game with, take a unique performance mod every time you beat a blacklister. These mods are little addons that you slap on top of your regular upgrades for a little extra punch. I saved all mine up (using only duplicates as I went), and managed to build myself up a Carrera GT capable of 400 kmph (with nitro).

l Maximus l
12-08-2005, 11:23 PM
This and Condemned were two games that were a pleasant surprise - much better than I anticipated. My only gripe about NFS:MW would be that everything is too yellow. I would like to see a few changes of environment (color) and perhaps a few night races.

Actually, I've noticed that, too...but, I will admit, it's easy on the eyes (meaning, I never get eye strain for playing a long time). I would have loved to see more weather changes like snowing or night time......but, eventhough the game doesn't have those things, it's still a kick ass game, as I know you agree :)

ShadedNine nailed it on the acceleration...it's tricky at first, but, something that can eaily be mastered...

mattgame
12-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Test drive should handle the weather part nicely.