PDA

View Full Version : Official Xbox 360 Mag this December

Nato King
11-29-2005, 08:20 AM
The Official Xbox Magazine screeches onto newsstands next month and lifts the lid on the hottest launch game for Microsoft's next-generation console, Project Gotham Racing 3.

With gamers across the globe getting ready to race each other on Project Gotham – the Christmas issue of the UK's ONLY official magazine for the Xbox 360 delivers its definitive review of the jaw dropping racing title.

http://www.planetxbox360.com/newsimages/xbox360magazine.jpg

You'll be winning international Project Gotham races in no time, thanks to pro-racing tips from online driving champion, Adam Plumb. His 8-page guide, exclusive to Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine, tells wannabe Schumacher's just how to corner properly and use power slides to their advantage. Gamers can even find out whether driving like white van man or your gran will bring fame and fortune as the world's best online racer.

Readers also have the chance to win the ultimate Project Gotham Racing 3 gaming set up – worth almost £2000, a package including a high-definition TV, a 5.1 surround sound system, Joytech racing seat and wheel, as well as a copy of the game.

Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine also reviews launch games Amped 3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and King Kong. The magazine also looks towards the biggest 360 games of 2006, including Namco's Ridge Racer 6 and previews Moto GP 2006 and Final Fantasy XI.

The only title with a playable demo disc, the Christmas Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine disc features demos of Sega's Full Auto and King Kong, as well as a wealth of additional content. Welcoming the high-definition gaming era, the disc also includes exclusive HD footage of forthcoming Xbox 360 titles.

Steve Brown is Editor of Xbox 360: The Official Magazine:
"With the Xbox 360 soon to be in thousands of UK homes it's a great time to be working on the official magazine. We cover the other major titles that launched with the machine and we start looking forward to the future, bringing the latest news on new games due to launch in the next few months and beyond. Our first playable cover disc includes demos you won't find anywhere else, and the HD trailers and in-game footage looks amazing when played on the Xbox 360."

Group Publisher James Ashton-Tyler added:
"The Xbox 360 is a next generation games console. Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine is the next generation games magazine to go with it. Its unique interaction between print, disc and website delivers more to the readers than ever before and makes it an essential purchase for dedicated Xbox 360 gamers."

Issue 3 of Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine goes on sale Friday 9th December, with a cover price of £5.99, including the essential playable cover disc.

Brevity
11-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Good find. I have never been an OXM lover but maybe they will do better this go round.

Jackyboy
11-29-2005, 03:25 PM
lucky uk! they get to play full auto!

ll Mista GT ll
11-29-2005, 03:27 PM
We get this in January I think.. It says next issue to arrive in Jan on my "Launch Guide" issue

erikzimm
11-30-2005, 07:36 PM
There will be more subscribers than there will be people actually playing the games they're writing about.

ShaDovV RyDer
11-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Good find. I have never been an OXM lover but maybe they will do better this go round.

But this isn't OXM...OXM is still alive but they are still reviewing Xbox games so they can't call themselves the official 360 mag. This is a completly new magazine dedicated to the Xbox 360.

I guess we should call this new mag OX360M.