PDA

View Full Version : Official Aussie X360 Countdown Thread

Rochey69r
11-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey all, Ive been a member here longer than most and havn't really had the time to contribute to the forums lately. When the original Xbox came out in the USA in November 2001 I started the Official Aussie Countdown thread so all of us Aussies could have something to contribute in while we waited for our Xbox's to be released over here (March 2002) while all you other lucky people had your Xbox's. Well here it is again, all the Aussies let us know where your from and your plans for the X360. Anything goes. I'll be posting updates on this thread the closer we get to March 2nd 2006. 92 days till X360, Aussie Aussie Aussie...OI OI OI!

:)

Rochey69r
12-10-2005, 10:56 PM
With all these errors being rumoured about disk scratching, overheating and HDD's totally wiping themselves im kinda glad that us Aussies are getting our X360's in March 06. Scariest post ive seen is XBA's own Maximus telling us that his entire HDD was wiped after playing Halo 2 with his buddy. I was considering paying $800 AUD for a pal system from the UK off eBay but i'm gonna wait now and hope that they will fix these issues they seem to be having before they release X360 here.

Slam Dunker
12-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Im Nz but hey close enough right? :whistle:

We gonna have to wait ages....

Rochey69r
12-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Im Nz but hey close enough right? :whistle:

We gonna have to wait ages....

Hey mate good to see some NZ activity. Im pretty sure you get it March 2nd aswell right? 80 days aint that bad dude. And if your really that desperate you can get one off eBay. Will cost you around $800 AUD im not sure what that is converted to NZD but yeh. On ya champ hope to see you posting on this thrad again :)

Rochey69r
01-27-2006, 04:54 AM
NEWS: EB Games just called me. Release of Xbox 360 has been pushed back to March 23rd from March 2nd.

so instead of 34 days till release its 55.

swivel
01-27-2006, 07:50 AM
MS quote on the delay:

The delay is due to “unprecedented global consumer demand stemming from the challenges in ramping supply for a complex product like the Xbox 360.”

huh?

Rochey69r
02-17-2006, 12:16 AM
34 days people.

hurry up!!! still waiting...got pd0, pgr3, wireless controller, faceplate and the premium system.

cant wait

ll Mista GT ll
02-17-2006, 06:58 AM
34 days people.

hurry up!!! still waiting...got pd0, pgr3, wireless controller, faceplate and the premium system.

cant wait

Yes! 34 days! I'm gonna camp out and like buy all the games before too. (I'm so Xcited!)

EDIT: Nevermind... I take back the excitment.... I already have my 360....

Slam Dunker
02-19-2006, 09:33 PM
im so confused right now...i dont know whether to buy the 360 on 23 of march or wait till halo 3 comes out...:(

if anyone can give me a really good reason to either side i will be very happy

Theshroud
02-19-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm with you rochey. I found out that it was delayed from XBA and called EB games myself. I'm all set to go, can't wait but I am also a bit concerned about the problems. Still, it's not going to stop me getting it. I've got Oblivion and Kameo coming with the premium pack. Still going to keep my original as I have too many games which are not compatable with the 360. It's no use selling them as you get nothing for them. I'm just going to build up a huge library for my young one, which has pissed off the other half.

:cheers:

Rochey69r
02-20-2006, 04:08 AM
i hear ya theshroud.

eb are like offering this great deal, give them your xbox, 25 games, 8 controllers and your firstborn child and you only have to pay $499AUD for the premium system!!!

30 days to go people!

After playing a demo stand of pgr3 I can hardly wait. this w/e I will most likely go down to Harvey Norman again with a mate and play a good hour on it. Just couldn’t get over the car interior view how much it really looked like a real GTR skyline. Anyways that’s me until next time…

:)

DJ tx
02-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Greetings from the US~

Looks like you all are getting closer to launch day. I hope it goes well and you all get your 360. I got mine on Dec. 31 2005 and I LOVE IT~ I have had zero problems. I don't want any of you feeling like you should wait to try to get one if the only reason is that you are worried about the reported problems. Reading complaints online and news reports will put a scare into you, but just understand you aren't hearing about all the happy problem-free units out there. Only a small percentage of any consumer electronic product are problemmatic. So go buy one, wait in line over night if you need to, dont pay too much, and ultimately you will really be glad you got one. In the small chance that you have problems Microsoft is ready to replce or fix the unit pretty quickly now that the process has been in effect for several months. Anyway, most of you will have ZERO problems, and you will love it. it's pretty exciting.
Personally, I did not camp out to get one, and I avoided the leaked info about when Best Buy would be getting shipments, because I knew everyone would be there. I scored my 360 by being patient and yet persistent, and several mornings a week and on weekends I would go to a couple of Target Retail Stores near me to check in person. If I had siimply been making phone calls to check stock, I never would have gotten one. They would be sold by the time I got there, and in some cases the store employees had a standard answer of saying they were out of stock even if they had them to avoid a mob of people. Anyway, good luck to you all, and remember...

Persistence pays off!

Have Fun :)

Slam Dunker
02-22-2006, 01:55 AM
28 days to go and i'm starting to feel the burn...

...don't know how much more of this i can take....

....free me from the torture, i'll do anything....

p.s. hope my counting is accurate...

Rochey69r
02-22-2006, 03:53 AM
28 days to go and i'm starting to feel the burn...

...don't know how much more of this i can take....

....free me from the torture, i'll do anything....

p.s. hope my counting is accurate...

Slam Dunker make sure you pre-order if you want a 360.

just a tip cause people in the USA that wanted one from the November release still havnt got one. my EB guy told me that they probably wont have stock available to the general public for a few months after launch. they are only barely getting their preorders in. so just a tip, it may pay off to head down to your local videogame supplier and preorder the unit if you want it on the 23rd march. Cheers man

Slam Dunker
02-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Slam Dunker make sure you pre-order if you want a 360.

just a tip cause people in the USA that wanted one from the November release still havnt got one. my EB guy told me that they probably wont have stock available to the general public for a few months after launch. they are only barely getting their preorders in. so just a tip, it may pay off to head down to your local videogame supplier and preorder the unit if you want it on the 23rd march. Cheers man

Thanks for the heads up mate, but im still not sure if i want to spend like $720 on the 360. I might just wait till the first price drop, but if it's true what you say and there is going to be a shortage i dont think i can wait 2 months. I guess i'll have to have a talk to eb on saturday

once again :cheers:

killerscott
02-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up mate, but im still not sure if i want to spend like $720 on the 360. I might just wait till the first price drop, but if it's true what you say and there is going to be a shortage i dont think i can wait 2 months. I guess i'll have to have a talk to eb on saturday

once again :cheers:

too bad here you had to pre-order it about 5 months in advance to make first shipment. I waited outside a bestbuy though for 19 hours and got one on day one.

Slam Dunker
02-24-2006, 05:51 PM
25 and 1/2 days till Xbox 360 :hail:

who's already pre-ordered theirs??

Slam Dunker
02-27-2006, 03:37 AM
23 DAYS!!!! GO GO GO!!! :yikes:

Im so pumped! :hardcore:

Rochey69r
02-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Look out, 23 days Aussies.

I've got my VIP Pack at home....and my premium console paid off. going to my local eb games shop after work wednesday to camp out to ensure im first in line. from 4:30pm weds 22nd im gonna be waiting till midnight to get it, rush home with my buddy whos got his aswell, play PD0 and PGR3 system link all night.

:hardcore:

pr0j3C7]:[k1LL4
02-28-2006, 06:10 AM
:hump: :jammin: :hail: :cheers: :hardcore: yay

Rochey69r
02-28-2006, 11:55 PM
:[k1LL4']:hump: :jammin: :hail: :cheers: :hardcore: yay

HEY HEY!! Project. This is indeed a good suprise seeing you on here mate. did you know that xbox360 games come out on thursday 2nd march (tommorow) and all the accessories the 9th. in all stores like kmart, myer, harvey norman, toys r us etc. i bet eb games dont though. for some reason when every other shop had original xbox games and accessories out before the console eb games didnt.

22 days aussies!!

Slam Dunker
03-02-2006, 03:01 AM
I'm pretty confused now...

Could anyone please give me a list of all the release titles for nz/aus because i can't find an exact list anywhere..Thanks alot to anyone who can help :)

Only 20 days left kiwi's :hump:

Rochey69r
03-02-2006, 03:41 AM
Hey mate, im not entirely sure of all the release titles but i am sure of the following:

perfect dark zero
project gotham 3
kameo
NFS Most Wanted

pr0j3C7]:[k1LL4
03-04-2006, 11:39 PM
I bought all this stuff

http://xboxfor100.ytmnd.com/ :)

http://chucknorrisxbox.ytmnd.com/ :whistle:

http://guygets360owned.ytmnd.com/ :cry:

http://xbox360whore.ytmnd.com/ :hardcore:

She was awesome, single mums all the way

Rochey69r
03-05-2006, 12:03 AM
:[k1LL4']I bought all this stuff

http://xboxfor100.ytmnd.com/ :)

http://chucknorrisxbox.ytmnd.com/ :whistle:

http://guygets360owned.ytmnd.com/ :cry:

http://xbox360whore.ytmnd.com/ :hardcore:

She was awesome, single mums all the way

lol project.
18 days to go Aussies.

I wish myer would hurry up and stock their games i wanna get in, buy my stuff with my 7.5% discount and get home...set everything up...food drinks...prejector...that way i just come home and i know ive got all my games, controllers, cables etc. so all i need to pick up is the actual system. less stress..

18 days!

Slam Dunker
03-06-2006, 11:15 PM
I know this might seem like a stupid question but here goes..

Did anyone actually think that the system and everything might not really be worth $700, because i want my 360 more than anyone else but thats a lot of money.

16 days kiwi's :cool:

Rochey69r
03-06-2006, 11:50 PM
I know this might seem like a stupid question but here goes..

Did anyone actually think that the system and everything might not really be worth $700, because i want my 360 more than anyone else but thats a lot of money.

16 days kiwi's :cool:

ha, i earn nothing. 220 a week and i recon its worth every penny.

16 days to go Aussies!

Slam Dunker
03-09-2006, 11:02 PM
ha, i earn nothing. 220 a week and i recon its worth every penny.

16 days to go Aussies!
$220 a week isn't that bad compared to earning $0...im jobless :p so thats why im a little worried.

But i have officially decided to buy xbox 360 no matter what :hump:

13 DAYS LEFT !!!1:hardcore:

Rochey69r
03-10-2006, 02:49 AM
$220 a week isn't that bad compared to earning $0...im jobless :p so thats why im a little worried.

But i have officially decided to buy xbox 360 no matter what :hump:

13 DAYS LEFT !!!1:hardcore:

Damn why dont you work? are you in school or something?

freaking coles myer dont have games on shelves. according to xba's news, on the 2nd all games went on sale and all accessories went on sale on the 9th. im yet to see any in myer/target/kmart. and i went out and bought this discount book for $10 that gives you $20 off pgr3 and $10 off a headset etc.

so i really hope they get games on shelves before the launch!!!!!!!

Slam Dunker
03-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Damn why dont you work? are you in school or something?

I would love to work, i would jump at the opportunity for any kind of job at the moment. yes im in school (im 15 yrs old - 16 on april 3rd :D) but that doesnt stop me from trying to work. I've applied for loads of jobs but havent been successful as of yet :crying: '

Slam Dunker
03-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Only 9 days left, Pre-ordered my xbox 360 and COD2 yesterday so it will be delivered to my house on the 23rd :hump:

Rochey69r
03-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Only 9 days left, Pre-ordered my xbox 360 and COD2 yesterday so it will be delivered to my house on the 23rd :hump:

9 Days everyone.

Im getting the THAW/Gun double pack, its only $109 at Myer. Plus i have a 7.5% discount. makes it about $100 even.

$20 off pgr3 plus 5% discount makes it like $75.

CENCEE
03-14-2006, 07:35 AM
U guys have GRAW when it launches?

that is a must! Man, r u guys excited?

Slam Dunker
03-14-2006, 10:45 PM
U guys have GRAW when it launches?

that is a must! Man, r u guys excited?

I was thinking of getting GRAW as well but im not so sure. I played the first ghost recon at my mates place ages ago and found it really annoying so i will be renting GRAW first and then might be picking up a copy later on.

EDIT: 8 DAYS!!!!

Rochey69r
03-14-2006, 11:15 PM
I was thinking of getting GRAW as well but im not so sure. I played the first ghost recon at my mates place ages ago and found it really annoying so i will be renting GRAW first and then might be picking up a copy later on.

EDIT: 8 DAYS!!!!

Yeah same, i never got into the whole Ghost recon thing. I recon i would only by either COD2 or GRAW. i will rent them both.

8 days guys...

l Maximus l
03-14-2006, 11:27 PM
8 days guys...

To all Aussie's: Get it, own it, play it, love it...'nuff said.

Oh, and about G.R.A.W., it's a kick ass game...best Clancy game bar none.

Slam Dunker
03-15-2006, 01:07 AM
To all Aussie's: Get it, own it, play it, love it...'nuff said.

Oh, and about G.R.A.W., it's a kick ass game...best Clancy game bar none.

Its not too strategic is it?? Because i'm not really one who is into those kinds of games, i prefer games where you can choose which combat style you play (like Halo)

Would be good to get some different opnions on GRAW

Theshroud
03-15-2006, 01:26 AM
8 days to go, seems like I have been waiting forever. I have it half paid off and will probably take another couple of hundred dollars in to spend. Have ordered Kameo and Oblivion (if I can get it). Have all the other Tom Clancy games so I will probably get G.R.A.W as well if it is as good as you say. Have taken the 23rd off work so am geared up for a big day, against the wishes of my girlfriend. I have already told her she comes 2nd to the 360!

Slam Dunker
03-15-2006, 10:36 PM
8 days to go, seems like I have been waiting forever. I have it half paid off and will probably take another couple of hundred dollars in to spend. Have ordered Kameo and Oblivion (if I can get it). Have all the other Tom Clancy games so I will probably get G.R.A.W as well if it is as good as you say. Have taken the 23rd off work so am geared up for a big day, against the wishes of my girlfriend. I have already told her she comes 2nd to the 360!

Brave brave man :D you will have to tell me how good oblivion is as i am in need of a good RGP for the 360 :hump:

EDIT: Cant get the quote right today...:p

Rochey69r
03-17-2006, 01:57 AM

Brave brave man :D you will have to tell me how good oblivion is as i am in need of a good RGP for the 360 :hump:

EDIT: Cant get the quote right today...:p

6 Days people...not long...

Slam Dunker
03-17-2006, 02:01 AM
Thats right! UNDER A WEEK!!!! ......BUT.....

I was just thinking...what if the 360's that are being sold in NZ and AUS are faulty like some of those in the US??? If they are ill be really screwed because i will be buying mine online and the store only has a 30 day refund policy...

Anyone else thought of this and if so what have you done to protect yourself???

I'm actually quite nervous now....:bang: :cuss: :crying:

Jackyboy
03-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Thats right! UNDER A WEEK!!!! ......BUT.....

I was just thinking...what if the 360's that are being sold in NZ and AUS are faulty like some of those in the US??? If they are ill be really screwed because i will be buying mine online and the store only has a 30 day refund policy...

Anyone else thought of this and if so what have you done to protect yourself???

I'm actually quite nervous now....:bang: :cuss: :crying:
just buy a warranty from microsoft, i know the us number is 18004myxbox but im not sure about the aus one

Rochey69r
03-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Hey all, damn im smart...

Picked up my VIP Pack which includes a wireless controller, PD0, Faceplate, VIP access card and dvd for $147 ages ago...

Getting PGR3, THAW, GUN and VGA Cable torromow....

Picking up my 360 on weds night (well thurs really but i line up weds...you know what i mean. Oh and dont think im not prepared for the 5 hour camp out to make sure im as close to no 1 in line as possible. Im taking my new %th Gen iPod, Loaded with 3697 songs, my entire digital photo collection and best of all...FULL dvd movies. Sofar i have ripped my own legal copies of Top Gun and A Man Apart. Gonna whack on a few more dvd's...hmm perphaps KISS: Rock the Nation? That outta keep me entertained for the wait...then im going home and me and my buddy have coke, pepsi, chips, lollies, snacks, red bull to eat n drink and a projector...68cm tv...19inch LCD moniter...54cm t.v.....to choose from to play system link PGR3 and PD0 all night.

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Slam Dunker
03-18-2006, 02:46 AM
Hey all, damn im smart...

Picked up my VIP Pack which includes a wireless controller, PD0, Faceplate, VIP access card and dvd for $147 ages ago...

Getting PGR3, THAW, GUN and VGA Cable torromow....

Picking up my 360 on weds night (well thurs really but i line up weds...you know what i mean. Oh and dont think im not prepared for the 5 hour camp out to make sure im as close to no 1 in line as possible. Im taking my new %th Gen iPod, Loaded with 3697 songs, my entire digital photo collection and best of all...FULL dvd movies. Sofar i have ripped my own legal copies of Top Gun and A Man Apart. Gonna whack on a few more dvd's...hmm perphaps KISS: Rock the Nation? That outta keep me entertained for the wait...then im going home and me and my buddy have coke, pepsi, chips, lollies, snacks, red bull to eat n drink and a projector...68cm tv...19inch LCD moniter...54cm t.v.....to choose from to play system link PGR3 and PD0 all night.

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a sweet set up....So where did you say you lived again?? :D

Picked up COD2 and Play and Charge Kit today and my Xbox 360 is being delivered on the 23rd.

*About that warranty from Microsoft. What does it cover, for how long, and how much do you think it will cost?

Rochey69r
03-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Sounds like a sweet set up....So where did you say you lived again?? :D

Picked up COD2 and Play and Charge Kit today and my Xbox 360 is being delivered on the 23rd.

*About that warranty from Microsoft. What does it cover, for how long, and how much do you think it will cost?

haha ive heard that the batteries in the controllers last a fair while. no need for a play n charge kit. so i didnt bother with one...i have some spare batteries incase they die on my launch night, but it is highly unlikely they will. yeh overall im spending about $1000 and look at what im getting....4 games... console...2 wireless controllers....headset...harddrive...remote...faceplate. not too bad if you ask me

Slam Dunker
03-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Just under 71 hours until i get my Xbox 360 :yikes:

Im so excited i could eat myself, i have enough coke to keep me awake all night so thats not a problem...its gonna be the best dam 15 hours ever!!!!

Rochey69r
03-19-2006, 11:31 PM
frig man...this thing is getting close....real close....my spider senses are tingling....yes...tingling green with exitement!! :)

Slam Dunker
03-20-2006, 12:32 AM
frig man...this thing is getting close....real close....my spider senses are tingling....yes...tingling green with exitement!! :)

:rofl:

sooo close

Rochey69r
03-20-2006, 11:24 PM
There is less than 2 days to go until the launch now ppl!!

31 hours to my clock.....

get pumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slam Dunker
03-21-2006, 12:29 AM
Only 1 full day till Xbox 360 comes out :hump:

and only 44 Hours till i get my Xbox 360!!!!!!

Zomg i cant wait!!!!! Its all i think about!

Slam Dunker
03-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Official Release date in NEW ZEALAND - 6 hours, 30 minutes.

Time till i get my Xbox 360 - 22 Hours.

:cheers: :hardcore: :jammin: :cool: ;)

BuLLsEyEWTF
03-21-2006, 11:31 PM
lol the wait has sure got you excited :)

Rochey69r
03-22-2006, 12:31 AM
lol the wait has sure got you excited :)

It is near. about 6.5 hours away....

wishing all aussies a good launch!! have fun with it guys

Rochey69r
03-22-2006, 02:17 AM
It's getting so close Aussies. In approx 4.5 hours the Xbox 360 will be launched in Australia/NZ.

I am about to go to the mall and camp out for mine. This will be my last message for a few days until i emerge from playing my fresh new Xbox.

Wishing you all the best for your launch, I hope everything goes smoothly and you all get home and are happy with your new toys.

-Rochey (Official Aussie of XBA)

Slam Dunker
03-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Got my XBOX 360!!! Omg its soooo kool, been playing Hexic and COD2 for about 4 hours ;), 360 rocks

Going back to play now

How did all the other Kiwis and Aussies go getting their 360's??

Rochey69r
03-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Man o Man did i have a mixed up launch. let me start by explaining how i took my rostered days off for thurs and fri (23+24th march) so i could play x360. I get to harvey norman where the midnight launch is being held. I am waiting from about 10:30pm....my buddy arrives...we are both number one in line..

others start arriving and all together about 30-40 people show up...we get in i pick up my console as i have all my accessories and games wating for me at my buddys house...we walk out...first 2 people out was me and my mate both with our new console....we race home which was about a 15 min car trip...i get home we exitedly setup our xbox's and turn them on...everything was fine...

played about an hour of pgr3 system link andall went well...

decided to stop and start playing perfect dark zero...heres when it started..

after setting up a system link co-op game and playing for about 5 mins...my xbox froze...

i straight away knew something could be very wrong and hoped microsoft had phased out all the bugs with the launch xbox 360's in the USA...

i reset my console and it froze when starting another system link game of perfect dark zero.

we swapped disks thinking maybe it was the game...yet again it froze, this time b4 the game even loaded.

i turned my console off for 30 mins thinking maybe its overheating? checked the temp and it didnt seem to hot...

tryed it again after the 30 min 'cool down' and......STILL NO LUCK...

it just continued to freeze when it turned on and says XBOX 360...

being extremely pissed off, i tryed to stay calm and played on my mates 360 (which was fine) we played till about 3:00am when i decided to pack up my xbox to return it at 9:00 (when the store i bought it from iopened again).

all the staff were like wtf...i told them...they set it up and froze again...they called ms and after about 45 mins of screwing around on the phone to some american they replaced the whole unit with a fresh white premium bundle...

got home...no dramas....linked my gamertag...

played my ipod through it...pgr...perfect dark..tony hawk...no dramas.

hasnt frozen once. so i am more than happy now..but as you can imagine i wasnt happy after it froze.

p.s. perfect dark is amazing deserves reviews of 80+ and pgr3 is even better deserves 85+

Slam Dunker
03-24-2006, 03:46 AM
Dam, thats a real killer on lauch night :crying:

good that you got it all sorted now though :hump: ..... we are among the elite now.... dont look back......just keep heading forward :D