PDA

View Full Version : Warthog Jump: A Halo Physics Experiment

mrmp3
02-21-2002, 04:38 PM
I didn't see this movie at Ibonk anywhere, but I found this and I thought it was a great Halo movie. I've yet to do this but I'm hoping I can. Click here (http://halo.bungie.org/misc/warthogjumpmirrors.html) for a ton of mirrors. If this has been posted my aplogies but I thought it was a very well done movie. 9.8/10 is my rating. If you got 56k, I recommend using DAP or GetRight. Signing off...

bonk
02-21-2002, 10:14 PM
I was going to put it on my website, but then I realized that my limited data transfer rate this month might go over. Anyway, I have done a similar stunt, but with a tank. Sorry, no music or neato effects, but it does go very high. Also, I got a Warthog to fly for 17 seconds (you read right).

In conclusion, it is a very cool movie, and he uses a Mac just like me :)

-bonk

mrmp3
02-22-2002, 10:29 AM
17 seconds??? That's nuts! I just started getting good at it last night I've gone about 10 seconds and it's landed underwater out in the ocean. I tried it in multiplayer but all that happened was the grenades did was jump away whenever I threw a grenade. In Campaign and 2 player co-op it works though. Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work? Signing off...

DimebagDarrell
02-22-2002, 11:06 AM
bonk did 17 seconds in AotCR, not at silent cartographer. i stayed up late last night, too, trying to get it to work. once i did, it was the coolest thing ever......

bonk
02-22-2002, 11:11 AM
Here's a tip, once you get everything ready, before you ignite it, go and find a checkpoint. Then you can see what the best position is for the Warthog and the grenade you throw. The pile that I used to send up the Warthog was the same pile as the tank. There were probably 20-25 grenades, plus a few guns and rocket launchers. At that point in Aotcr, you can find grenades easily. Also, it helps to have two people.

-bonk

DimebagDarrell
02-22-2002, 01:57 PM
try this- from the big stone bridge, launch the warthog over your head, tag it with a plasma grenade, then after the plasma grenade goes off and it shifts directions, hit it with your rocket launcher. took me a while to get THAT one down.

coming soon: "How to know you have too much time on your hands." written by me. example: see above.

DimebagDarrell
02-22-2002, 02:03 PM
oh yeah, is there any way for me to make videos, i have a pc, is there any software that i could use? i have access to a camcorder, but im not sure if its digital or not

Plewis
02-22-2002, 03:19 PM
bonk, how did you get the tank in the building?

Masta Chief
02-23-2002, 02:40 PM
it was awesome I kept on killing all these elites and grunts in one area in the T&R. Then I put the turrets over their bodys, ignited it and they flew out the canyon. With my sniper rifle, the one that stayed up the longest was 27 seconds. I don't have a video camera to prove it so, sorry. but that thing went so high I could barely see it.

Snoopy7548
02-23-2002, 06:24 PM
it would be awesome if you launched the warthog, and it landed on a big group of covenants, that would be sweet:D

Masta Chief
02-23-2002, 06:45 PM
I did something better. I hopped out a banshee when it was flying in the air and when it hit the ground it went up a tank and landed on a small group of covenant. It was cool to watch just before the tank blast killed me because the jump took out my shields. Best...Jump...Ever(from a banshee)

bonk
02-23-2002, 07:18 PM
While making the tank movie, many times I had it positioned wrong and it went up and then landed on me :confused: . My friend in the movie, the guy who was up top, acciently fell off of the cliff while he was watching it.

-bonk

Masta Chief
02-24-2002, 04:37 PM
It was awesome, I did a banshee jump. I had one banshee start to tip, then it fell. I hopped out my banshee, and got into the other one, it was so fricken awesome! Bonk, you should do a video with that if you want

chili325
02-26-2002, 08:53 PM
To get a tank in a blood gulch base...
1. Back warthog agains outside wall of base
2. line tank up with warthog and back up
3. have one person in tank and 1 in warthog
4. tank guns it and when it is close to hitting the warthog the warthog guns it. When i did it the tank launched strait off the winshield and landed in the base.

Masta Chief
02-27-2002, 04:32 PM
how to kill a golden swordsmen on a bridge (for pros[like me]). Lol! ...Anyway...this is a fun thing to do. When they are running at you to kill you, stand at the edge of the bridge, then either strafe, or jump somewhere and they either go flying off the edge. Or they turn around, then through a grenade run over one of thoughs glass floor thing, and make them fall and blow up. Just something to try if you are bored or something. on Keyes, I saw a gold swordsman jump off the bridge and take out a flood in mid-air, but then died.

frog11983
02-27-2002, 10:48 PM
I just wanted to comment...
That video rocked.
thanks

xboxman_1
03-01-2002, 11:04 AM
We've duplicated most of the things in that video, except for the bodies flying in unison. And the time he drives and manages to run into the falling warthog.....that was total luck. I think that's impossible.

jschelm
03-01-2002, 09:07 PM
how do you guys get that many grenades piled up there? That is what I wasn't sure how they did it when I saw the warthog video.