PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to leave a game in the Xbox with the power off???

robsterrocks
02-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Has anybody been doing this or does anybody know if it will damage anything?Thanks to all who reply

l Maximus l
02-21-2002, 04:45 PM
In the XBox manual, it recommends that you remove a disc from the drawer before turning it off.

El Pollo Loco
02-21-2002, 04:56 PM
I always leave my games in the box when the power is off. Every night. I didnt read the manual though so perhaps i am an idiot. But nothing gone wrong fer me so far. .....

*knocks on wood*

Afro Aura
02-21-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by El Pollo Loco
I always leave my games in the box when the power is off. Every night. I didnt read the manual though so perhaps i am an idiot. But nothing gone wrong fer me so far. .....

*knocks on wood*
Me too, but I hear though there are some tiny Microsoft people in XBOX to scratch your disk for not reading the manual...really thats whats I heard hahahaha

Marc
02-21-2002, 06:20 PM
I think that is a precaution against scratching the disc when people move their xbox around. A friend left Madden in and took his xbox to a friend's house. When he got there his game was scratched up from the moving. I think if you have your xbox in a secure place where it does not move it would be fine.

GokuX
02-21-2002, 06:40 PM
It's not a big deal if U leave it in, but it only takes like a couple extra seconds to eject it and turn it off. It's not like the DVD tray motor is gonna wear out if U eject the disk for 5 years straight.

Ultron-9
02-21-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
It's not like the DVD tray motor is gonna wear out if U eject the disk for 5 years straight.

:rolleyes:

Hugh_Jass
02-22-2002, 03:51 PM
I never move my XBOX. I always leave the disc in when the power is off. My games do not get scratched.

JimmieDoogan
02-22-2002, 04:01 PM
Its the same for any DISC system. I leave my games in my PS2, XBOX, DC and PC. Not a once has any damage come to any one of my games as a result of such an action. Even though it says to take it out, I've never heard of anyone encountering any problems with doing this.