PDA

View Full Version : EB Games Rip Off

JRewald2000
11-30-2005, 04:33 PM
Did anyone else pre-order their 360 from EB Games? I have started a web site, I would like to include a total count (if possible) ofa all the people guarenteed a 360 on the launch day but did not receive it.

Please visit the site and let me know through the message board.

Thanks!

Xbox Masta 4
11-30-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that website is not going to do anything.

Yeah you preordered your xbox360, however there may have been ton of people way a head of you and you may be on the second shipment. EBgames or anyone else doesn't guarentee you will get your Xbox 360 at release date. This was gone over on another thread. I know it sucks, but well there's nothing you can really do about it.

Imperius
11-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Let me give you some info JRewald2000.

Firstly, its technicly not their fault that you didn't get a xbox 360 when you preordered, its your fault. Now now, before you jump to conclusions, I'll explain.

See, my local EB only got 40 of their 100 preorders filled. If you were smart like I was, you would have preordered back 10 months ago when you didn't even know what the 360 looked like. There is absolutely no telling how many machines each store will get.

Secondly, the company can promise whatever it wants, but microsoft isn't in charge of making sure the promise is kept.

A pre-order is worthless in general, your not promised ANYTHING. If you preorder VERY early, there will be a good chance you will get one. Look at another example, the EB games at another shopping center near here only got 10 360's. The early bird gets the worm so to speak.

Salmonaitor
11-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Did anyone else pre-order their 360 from EB Games? I have started a web site, I would like to include a total count (if possible) ofa all the people guarenteed a 360 on the launch day but did not receive it.

Please visit the site and let me know through the message board.

Thanks!
You were not guaranteed a 360 on launch day, if you were, then you would have a claim. There's this little thing called "the fine print", and that absolves EB from any liability. Sorry about your luck dude. Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware

Variation-XBA
11-30-2005, 08:59 PM
I love threads like this.

Dj Logical 1
12-01-2005, 12:32 AM
I love threads like this.
but yet your post should not be here because its total randomness.....
anyways Salmy is right, you should of read your fine print.

Imperius
12-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey, isn't anyone going to agree with me?

Remember, if you don't agree with me, your either a terrorist, a commie, a canadian, or a Jack Thompson promoter. :p

kn4rf
12-01-2005, 07:17 AM
I was preorder number 49 out of 48 units instore at launch. I preordered the first of September and was told I would have to wait till Dec 7th. Lucily I had my System, 3 games and and extra controller all paid for well before launch so when one preorder of the 48 turned out to be a no show on Friday November 25th I got a call to pick up my system. Just glad I wasnt number 50 :D

CarGuy
12-01-2005, 10:53 AM
EB over inflated their preorders. I knew this would happen because its happened to me there with games. They're greedy idiots and you're gullible for believing they'd deliver.

Marc
12-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Hey, isn't anyone going to agree with me?

Remember, if you don't agree with me, your either a terrorist, a commie, a canadian, or a Jack Thompson promoter. :p
I agree with you. :cheers:

Variation-XBA
12-01-2005, 08:58 PM
but yet your post should not be here because its total randomness.....
Sorry, I'll adhere to your guidlines from now on sir. :hail:

MikeMan91389
12-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that website is not going to do anything.

Yeah you preordered your xbox360, however there may have been ton of people way a head of you and you may be on the second shipment. EBgames or anyone else doesn't guarentee you will get your Xbox 360 at release date. This was gone over on another thread. I know it sucks, but well there's nothing you can really do about it.

actually they did garuntee me one on the first day. i even double checked him on what he said word for word, but i know it's out of their control so i dont care

Imperius
12-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Words are cheap.

I mean, how do you think Bush got a second term huh? :rofl:

BORNGD
12-01-2005, 11:54 PM
If you were smart like I was, you would have preordered back 10 months ago when you didn't even know what the 360 looked like. There is absolutely no telling how many machines each store will get.

exactly! pre-orders were like 50 bucks or something, that was nothing!!

George89
12-02-2005, 05:45 PM
exactly! pre-orders were like 50 bucks or something, that was nothing!!

if this were me paying $50 to preorder a console, i'd be pissed that i didn't get it on launch day...or even anywhere close to launch day for that matter. I mean, where are the new shipments microsoft? lol

mattgame
12-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Words are cheap.

I mean, how do you think Bush got a second term huh? :rofl:

Bush bashing is a no-no here Imp. Be easy. :whistle:

pitt4ever
12-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Bush bashing is a no-no here Imp. Be easy. :whistle:

Thank you :cheers:

Imperius
12-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Sorry, I forgot most of you are Americans, as opposed to me being a Canadian. lol.

Anyway, no offence intended, merely a joke.

*throws my strange round canadian bacon at you all.. Muahahahah :p

Gravity360
12-02-2005, 10:47 PM

Firstly, its technicly not their fault that you didn't get a xbox 360 when you preordered, its your fault. Now now, before you jump to conclusions, I'll explain.

See, my local EB only got 40 of their 100 preorders filled. If you were smart like I was, you would have preordered back 10 months ago when you didn't even know what the 360 looked like. There is absolutely no telling how many machines each store will get.

Secondly, the company can promise whatever it wants, but microsoft isn't in charge of making sure the promise is kept.

A pre-order is worthless in general, your not promised ANYTHING. If you preorder VERY early, there will be a good chance you will get one. Look at another example, the EB games at another shopping center near here only got 10 360's. The early bird gets the worm so to speak.

Not necessarily. What EB Games did was pathetic. I preordered in April ($50 down) well before pricing was even released. I checked three weeks before launch and was told I was #6 on the list and "guaranteed to get one on launch day." Well, the Sunday before launch, I went in to pay in full. It was then that I learned I WOULD NOT GET ONE ON FIRST SHIPMENT! The reason? EB Game over sold there pre-orders and decided to allocate their units to the paid-in-full pre-orders. They didn't care who ordered first. I swear to God, that was their policy. I even complained to the District Manager who basically said "tough *****."

Jackyboy
12-02-2005, 10:52 PM
"tough *****."
is **** spelled with 5 letters? maybe im not thinking of the right word...

welcome to xba stick around

Gravity360
12-02-2005, 10:54 PM
is **** spelled with 5 letters? maybe im not thinking of the right word...

welcome to xba stick around

It censored the exclamation point too.

Whisper
12-03-2005, 12:02 AM
http://iwantmyxbox360now.ytmnd.com/

Jackyboy
12-03-2005, 08:15 AM
lmao whisper!

ll Mista GT ll
12-03-2005, 10:25 AM
http://iwantmyxbox360now.ytmnd.com/

Ahahaha! :rofl: Good one :hardcore:

Dark Enemy
12-03-2005, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't say its a ripoff. I preordered from gamestop and asked the employee, "Will I get it on launch?" and he said yes. And that was the only reason why I preordered it...But one week before it comes out I get a call that I wont be receiving it first shipment after I have paid more than half. They use money you preorder with into there business. I went to the store and started arguing with them and told them I was told I was getting it on launch...If I'm not I want my money back..So I got my money back and the night of launch I get a call from the to come get my 360 at midnight...I told them i removed the preorder because I wasnt going to receive on launch..They checked and they said yea our policies state we cant give you one if you removed your preorder

So to some it up..I didn't get a 360 and I am not really losing sleep over it...

phillyjack
12-04-2005, 09:48 PM
I paid in full didn't get mine. I call twice a week to bug those greedy bastards. I advise every one who didn't get one yet from EB to be a pest drive them nuts call the customer service line call the store just be a pest till they get the point. What makes me mad is that the store employees may it be EB Best Buy Wal-Mart Target all got there's and when new shipment come in the snag some for their friends and family with the employee discount too. So a store gets 10 units five emp. snag theirs and that leaves five so your lucky if 50% of shipments hit the street for open sale or fill pre-order. A best Buy in Philly on Nov22 was supposed to have 20 units but by the time the store opened there was only 14 that's six that magically sold them selves. My eb played some shananagins with the pre ordered games and controlers even though they were relesed they wouldn't give them to you till the 360 release date. They waited to the last second to tell me that I wasn't getting a 360 at release by that time I was all paid off not like I could go get in line some where else by that point. I realy liked supporting ebgames in the past over the best buys and walmarts but I think that after I get my 360 I will never buy from them again. Here is the lesson to be learned here DON'T PRE-ORDER any thing it is the bigest money maker and scam they get your money and earn interest on it and don't come threw with the product even if you get your money back they made money on haveing your money in the bank.

Variation-XBA
12-05-2005, 03:46 AM
when new shipment come in the snag some for their friends and family with the employee discount too. So a store gets 10 units five emp. snag theirs and that leaves five so your lucky if 50% of shipments hit the street for open sale or fill pre-order. that would be one theory if EB gave employee discount on hardware, but they dont.

My eb played some shananagins with the pre ordered games and controlers even though they were relesed they wouldn't give them to you till the 360 release date. Some places do that. If you need your controllers and games that will do you no good till you have the system anyways, go get them seomwhere else, no big deal.

They waited to the last second to tell me that I wasn't getting a 360 at release by that time I was all paid off not like I could go get in line some where else by that point. We didn't know till last minute how many we were getting and wouldnt call anyone till they were IN the store 100%.

DON'T PRE-ORDER any thing it is the bigest money maker and scam they get your money and earn interest on it and don't come threw with the product even if you get your money back they made money on haveing your money in the bank. You are not losing anything....so who cares. I'll laugh when you don't preorder the next system, AND don't get one cause you didnt wait in line long enough, then make another post like this. Have fun.
:hump:

TacoMonkeyGod
12-06-2005, 01:40 AM
People have to put the blame somewhere, and it's easier to blame the people that have your money I guess.

Phillyjack, I wish you knew the truth about half that stuff you posted.

EB Games do not allow employee discounts on any systems new or used. They also don't go by who paid more but by who did preorders first. Don't blame the company, more then likely there is a crooked employee there that screwed you over. The employees are not supposed to be allowed to purchase systems for themselves over customers. They aren't even supposed to hold merchandise for themselves if a customer is also looking for the same thing.

I do feel bad for all the people out there that had preorders at EB Games, Gamestop or any other places that do preorders and didn't actually get to pick up a system on launch. Remember, these places that sell the products don't make them so they have no control over how many they get. My understanding these places were told they would have their preorder lists taken care of, and shortly before launch they are told something totally different. As much as I love the system and think Microsoft did a great job with it, they just made the mistake of trying to launch in too many places in too short of a time period.

Variation-XBA
12-06-2005, 03:24 AM
EB Games do not allow employee discounts on any systems new or used.

Wrong, we are allowed discounts on used systems, but not new.

The employees are not supposed to be allowed to purchase systems for themselves over customers.
Wrong... if I preordered mine before a customer, I have the right to get it first, but we are ONLY allowed one. This was the case of the 360 launch, I was the first preorder legit, and hence I got mine.

My understanding these places were told they would have their preorder lists taken care of, and shortly before launch they are told something totally different.
this is true. We were told all preorders would be taken care of before xmas, and now it won't eve come close to happening. We were told we were going to get a certain amount of systems, then a few days before launch, it was cut by more than half.

Brevity
12-06-2005, 08:22 AM
I am hearing that the new 360s dont have the DVD remote. That sucks ass cus I payed and expected one that did have that.

Variation-XBA
12-06-2005, 08:52 AM
I am hearing that the new 360s dont have the DVD remote. That sucks ass cus I payed and expected one that did have that.
It was never said how many would be comming with it. I initially heard it was pre xmas, but can't find it from MS's mouths anywhere.

Highlite23
12-06-2005, 09:04 AM
I want to know how all those celebs got their 360's with this big shortage...I'm not saying, I'm just sayin' :whistle:

God know Paris Hilton deserves a 360 over you...NOT! :p

killerscott
12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
What makes me mad is that the store employees may it be EB Best Buy Wal-Mart Target all got there's and when new shipment come in the snag some for their friends and family with the employee discount too. So a store gets 10 units five emp. snag theirs and that leaves five so your lucky if 50% of shipments hit the street for open sale or fill pre-order. A best Buy in Philly on Nov22 was supposed to have 20 units but by the time the store opened there was only 14 that's six that magically sold them selves.

Yeah right... I'm a Best Buy employee and I waited 19 hours in line like everyone else... I also had to buy the bundle and spent $700. I got absolutily zero discount on anything. Our original policy was that employees couldn't even buy them but they changed that. I wont comment on the 6 in your area that you think were snagged before hours because IDK how other Best Buys fallow the rules but I find it hard to believe.

phillyjack
12-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I also had to buy the bundle and spent $700. I got absolutily zero discount on anything. Our original policy was that employees couldn't even buy them but they changed that.
Oh Best Buy and the employees don't do shady things right crapy protection plans bait and switch advertising they just got caught scamming customers "and you" with the 360 launch with the bundles.

TacoMonkeyGod
12-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Wrong... if I preordered mine before a customer, I have the right to get it first, but we are ONLY allowed one. This was the case of the 360 launch, I was the first preorder legit, and hence I got mine.

Well yea if they have a preorder, but 5 employees holding 5 systems for themselves and 5 for friends then giving their friends discounts on NEW systems. Not happening. What I meant was say an employee felt like they can pick up a system for themselves over someone that had a preorder isn't allowed. That's all I meant about the employee rights to snag before customers. I'm kinda starting to wonder about some of the info being passed down to EB about systems. Preorders will be finished up in January? hmmm why does the website say orders will ship in something like march.... Microsoft get on the ball and start getting these systems out.

Bmoreforeva
12-07-2005, 11:04 PM
1. I believe if you work for a gaming store you should get first dibbs on the system.

2. Ebgames doesnt get a discount on systems. Stores dont make any money off of the systems. They do off of the games.

3. I didint receive my xbox on launch day. I was 24 on the list and they only received 22 in =(

4. Best buy employees only have to pay 38 bucks for a 1 year xbox live kit.

5. I NEED MY SYSTEM!

Mike McGann
12-09-2005, 12:11 PM
As someone who pre-ordered, paid in full upfront and still doesn't have a system — I've been watching this situation with some interest.

Unlike most of you, I've been a technology (Home Theater magazine, E-Gear, Home Entertainment and Design, HDTV Etc) and technology retailing (Dealerscope) journalist for a decade before recently switching to write about baseball full-time. I wrote and reported about the launches of every major system up through PS2 and even had a very early Japanese spec PS before the US launch in 1995. (Oh, and look, just bother to google my name before calling BS, because it's all true).

I've talked to my local EB Games people — and even seen some memos from Microsoft to regional EB management that have been passed around. Microsoft was dishonest in terms of their numbers allocations and this was, one way or another, a planned shortage. Basically, they told EB and other retailers that they would get "X" number of units and that they could pre-sell them. Then they delivered 1/4 of X on average.

Whether it was done to increase hype or limit the amount of fiscal losses over a given period of time, the shortage was deliberate. These devices are built in China — and volumes can be cranked out in very short order for devices. Chinese and Taiwanese companies can literally get secondary (basically cloning existing production lines, not inventing new ones) in a matter of days — this is what they do, folks.

The lone limiting factor would be component shortages, such as the IBM PPC multi-core chips. As of now, there appears to be no evidence of shortages of this chip. Had Microsoft wanted to end this shortage — it would be over. Microsoft is deliberately throttling the supply chain, again to either create a fake shortage or limit losses in this fiscal year. the latter is actually worse because it amounts to stock manipulation.

Microsoft has defrauded countless numbers of people — customers and retailers — by being dishonest in terms of their delivery schedules. They claim publicly to be shipping weekly. Except to a tiny number of preferred retailers (some of whom, as is the case with Best Buy, are stockpiling them), this is not the case, as most retailers have not seen any new units since 11/22.

Salmonaitor
12-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Mike, I'm sure you are who you say you are, but we a re a FAN SITE. Why would we want to get all riled up and knock back a company that we support and want to flourish.

Manufactured shortage or not, people will get their 360's, so if you you want to contribute to our site, you're welcome to it, if not, then you're not welcome here.

mattgame
12-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't say its a ripoff. I preordered from gamestop and asked the employee, "Will I get it on launch?" and he said yes. And that was the only reason why I preordered it...But one week before it comes out I get a call that I wont be receiving it first shipment after I have paid more than half. They use money you preorder with into there business. I went to the store and started arguing with them and told them I was told I was getting it on launch...If I'm not I want my money back..So I got my money back and the night of launch I get a call from the to come get my 360 at midnight...I told them i removed the preorder because I wasnt going to receive on launch..They checked and they said yea our policies state we cant give you one if you removed your preorder

So to some it up..I didn't get a 360 and I am not really losing sleep over it...

Damn that had to sting..............................................................

Bmoreforeva
12-09-2005, 10:54 PM
hey who doesnt love microsoft. they are just doing some pretty sneaky stuff.

mattgame
12-09-2005, 11:33 PM
How is giving up all of this Christmas money sneaky?

Bmoreforeva
12-10-2005, 09:00 AM
if they really are delaying shipments they are starving us gamers its being sneaky