PDA

View Full Version : WTF...look at these auctions...

Xbox Masta 4
12-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Hey guys I was just bored and was seeing how auctions are doing on Ebay. Ok I wasn't suprized for it to be in the $1,000 range. However look at the following auctions...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Game-Console-Bundle_W0QQitemZ8238956819QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-360-Core-system-box-only_W0QQitemZ8239033308QQcategoryZ20385QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
WTF? Just the box??? This ones kinda odd too, how two of the bidders have scam in there name.

Remember that modded Xbox 360 that someone posted, a while ago? Here you go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Ultra-Premium-Modded-Llamma-Edition_W0QQitemZ8238748332QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There's more just picked out a few. I think people are just getting people they know bid for them. Which is dumb. However if it's not, this really shows how dumb some people are in the world considering you can get them a lot cheaper on ebay if you look at the other gazillion that are on there. Haha.

Highlite23
12-03-2005, 11:06 AM
You know some people have nothing better to do than come up with "Faux" auctions on ebay, it's like a hobby. Kinda like the guys who do fake nudes of celebs, we all know it's not real but we can't help looking. :hardcore:

Dark Enemy
12-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Ebay is like international base for idiots...Plus you got all the things that go behind the scenes like getting friends to bet for you and ****..I'm guilty of this also but whatever lol

m2iceman
12-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I've had an account in Ebay for 5 years and yes, I had someone actually change a listing. He advert a premium system for 500K. I had been on for about an hour and saw the listing as soon as it came on. I read it over and over before I bid, just to make sure. As soon as I won, I get an email from the guy talking about getting paid, and told him I wanted to make sure my system would be in the mail. He then says, oh it was for an email address. When I copy and pasted what he wrote in the auction, he emails back in a minute and says you need to read again and know exactly what you bought. He reworded the listing to read the email address and not the 360. I filed a complaint with Ebay and they were like its a contract. I told them to have there IT guys look at the changes to the advert. They didnt want to hear it, so this guy thought he was gonna get paid $500 for the email address. Didnt happen. I know you have to read and read, and I did. I cant do anything about someone who changes the wording after the bid was over, actually I really dont know how he did it, but it was done.

Xbox Masta 4
12-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah ebay = idiot rampage.

Also, an auction cannot be reworded after auction is ended, or if there is a bid already taken place. You can add on to the auction which dates it and divides it from the normal description that was before. I'm not saying you are lying but I'm just saying that's how it goes. Also, you cannot win anything if you don't have proof that it was orginial like that if he changed the first description that you bidded and agreed to.

If you did, you would most likely need a copy of the page(print screen does wonders) and then throw it in peoples faces. Otherwise you're stuck not paying, getting negative feedback, and getting you pissed off. I would recommend finding him and paying him a visit.

Imperius
12-03-2005, 09:24 PM
LMAO!

OMG, thats frickin hillarious. I mean, you need to read every word when you buy on ebay.

I bought a VHS of a rare old movie at one time on ebay. Unfortunately I didn't read every word and I bought the movie. It was the same movie, only in SPANISH!

I learned my lesson, and someone will learn theirs and pay $14,000 for a BOX! or the auctioneer will be banned.. Either way there is hell to pay lol. :whistle:

Whisper
12-04-2005, 07:38 AM
One goof put his up with a 1 million buy it now option, and said he would donate 95% to charity. That's still a hard $50,000 for him. Hope it works out.