PDA

View Full Version : Quake 4 - Smash or Trash

Imperius
12-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey Guys

I'm in the middle of Quake 4, of course when I have the time to play. What do you guys think of it? (those who bought it of course)

Feel free to post your opinions and any stories of pissing yourself from a Strogg coming around the corner. :p

It reminds me of a cross between "contra" and the anime "Akira" LOL

In both there is always some gross creature.

Anyway, to those who haven't got the game, check out my review under the 360 game list.

So boys and girls, after or when playing Quake 4, do you think its a Smash or Trash.

Shadow20002
12-03-2005, 09:37 PM
In the same mold of Doom 3 but with vehicles.

SH4MR0CK
12-03-2005, 09:45 PM
I think that Quake for is a great game, good campain good multiplayer solid just a solid game. If you dont have this game yet I would recomend that you pick it up.

Kyle Static
12-04-2005, 01:11 AM
I've actually been very impressed with it. The vehicle combat sucks...but the overall gameplay is quite sweet. People were *****ing from the get-go that it was too easy, so I started on hard right off the bat. Granted even on hard it hasn't given me that much of a challenge so far, parts of it can get a bit tough or intense though. I've enjoyed it so far and the storyline is progressing nicely. It's perhaps one of the first games in I don't know how long where I've actually been thoroughly satisified with the firearms sound effects. You actually feel like you're firing a powerful heavy gun when you hear them.

l Maximus l
12-04-2005, 01:43 AM
I'm really curious about this game...thanks Kyle...good mini review.......I may rent this to see if it's worth buying...

NascarZiNg
12-04-2005, 05:02 AM
My buddy is biggest fan of Quake series and we both are deaf and are thinking about buying this game. Before we do does this have subtitles option?

Thanks

Whisper
12-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Never really got in to the Quake series.. I chose to go with Doom 3D instead back then, and ran with the Doom series until it died out after all the expansion packs.

Jackyboy
12-04-2005, 09:17 AM
is quake 4 scary? i might rent it

Imperius
12-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Quake 4 is scary yes, and I think it has subtitles. I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure it does. I don't know if it describes the sounds though.

George89
12-04-2005, 12:50 PM
i personally don't think it looks nearly as good as Perfect Dark Zero or Call of Duty 2....but i don't have the 360 so i'm basing that off of videos, lol

greg756
12-04-2005, 05:32 PM
i was told there was framerate problems is this true? and if so why wasnt it fixed?