PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who owns a 360 have this problem yet?

l Maximus l
12-04-2005, 01:13 AM
I have been playing Need For Speed: Most Wanted since I bought the game over a week ago....and yesterday a buddy of mine who doesn't own a 360 yet asked if I wanted to play some Halo 2. So, yesterday, I put in my Halo 2 disc and obviously kicked some ass :D and today I put in Need For Speed in and I didn't have an alias!

In other words, my entire memory and game saves on my XBox 360 were completely erased! So, I called 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they told me that this has been a common problem!!!

Now, you all know me, I'm not one to start up some conpiracy or anything...and I didn't mind starting from scratch because I love the game so much....but, I hope all of the memory doesn't disappear again!

Anyone experience this at all?

killerscott
12-04-2005, 01:46 AM
I have been playing Need For Speed: Most Wanted since I bought the game over a week ago....and yesterday a buddy of mine who doesn't own a 360 yet asked if I wanted to play some Halo 2. So, yesterday, I put in my Halo 2 disc and obviously kicked some ass :D and today I put in Need For Speed in and I didn't have an alias!

In other words, my entire memory and game saves on my XBox 360 were completely erased! So, I called 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they told me that this has been a common problem!!!

Now, you all know me, I'm not one to start up some conpiracy or anything...and I didn't mind starting from scratch because I love the game so much....but, I hope all of the memory doesn't disappear again!

Anyone experience this at all?

My girlfriend actually had this problem with COD2. She beat the whole thing and then the next day it was all gone. wierd. I havn't had any problems myself but i dont like the sound of this.

NascarZiNg
12-04-2005, 04:58 AM
They better fix this or PS3 gonna whup them next year.

Whisper
12-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Sony will probably end up having a few problems of their own too. I'm just glad I haven't run in to any problems at all.

CarGuy
12-04-2005, 08:16 AM
F' this. I'm waiting until after christmas to get a 360.

FuNkY mOnK
12-04-2005, 09:45 AM
They better fix this or PS3 gonna whup them next year.
Yes MS is shaking in thier boots.

Double_Diablo
12-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Every console has its fair share of problems when it first launches, but this is getting out of hand. I'm finding all sorts of problems on forums about Xbox 360 problems. Personally my gaming experience is going great, but all these glitches have me worried.

ShadedNine
12-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Every console has its fair share of problems when it first launches, but this is getting out of hand. I'm finding all sorts of problems on forums about Xbox 360 problems. Personally my gaming experience is going great, but all these glitches have me worried.

Actually, I've seen PC games, yes, single games, that alone have more problems posted than the entirety of the 360 launch. Given the complexity of their system, I'd say the 360 is standing up pretty well, especially since most of the issues are software related, and thus fixable.

If you're hoping for a 100% smooth PS3 launch, dream on. Anytime you implement something as complicated as emulation, a background OS (dashboard), and live system like the 360 has, there's going to be bugs. If the PS3 does any better, it will be because they won't have any of the extra features we're all going to be used to by the time it releases.

Variation-XBA
12-04-2005, 02:53 PM
I went to a friends house, recovered my gamertag so we can both log in with our profiles at the same time, and played fine.

came home later that nite and recovered my gamertag again to put it back on my system, and doing so wiped all my game saves. Needless to say I've backed up every save file onto my memory cards from here on.

Goku_69
12-04-2005, 03:01 PM
i have beaten most of CoD2 on veteran and after every level it starts me at training again and locks everything! but thats the only problem i have had

Marc
12-04-2005, 06:24 PM
There's a lot to be said for backing up games onto memory cards. I'll be buying one tomorrow...

NascarZiNg
12-05-2005, 01:02 AM
Im still waiting for XBOX to send me an empty box for me to mail my console to them to have it repaired. I can't wait to play glitchfree xbox 360!

l Maximus l
12-05-2005, 01:40 AM
There's a lot to be said for backing up games onto memory cards. I'll be buying one tomorrow...

Exactly...Variation has inspired me to purchase a memory card... Except I'll have to wait until Saturday...I'm heading out of town tomorrow...

Nato King
12-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Yes Maximus I have experience this when I was Playing COD2 I got really far in the game and when clicked next level I saw the B-training level I was like didn't I already pass this. so I said to my self I am not going to start this over anytime soon and I put in NFSMW and never looked back. I might put it back in and play later when i get bored of NFS but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

eclipxe
12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey guys -
I'm not at home so I can't test this, but can you try copying your save files to a USB thumbdrive or external hard drive?

-Chris

hebgbz
12-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Few glitches? I hope we are not deluding ourselves or are so desperately wanting there to not be problems that we are blinding ourselves. These things are having problems all over the place and I suspect more will pop up. I am smelling 'rushed' all over the place. The ONLY problem I have ever had with my previous xbox and that I ever remembering was the Thompson drive thing. The fact that people are experiencing overheating, scratched disks, lost saves, Live not working, game freezes, and on and on is more than a few glitches. And the 3 percent number everyone throws around is actually funny. MS makes that statement and everyone blindly believes it.

I did some checking of my own and after calling an EB at random and asking how many of the launch systems they sold have reported problems I was told 30 percent. Some may do better, and no doubt some will do worse, but the fact that I just pick one store randomly and am told 30 percent is shocking to say the least.

I think in a few weeks when more and more people actually have their hands on the systems you will hear more and more and more issues. I love my current Xbox and really want this new one, and any other system coming out for that matter, to do well, but things are not looking good.

l Maximus l
12-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah...it's possible that I could have goofed up or something...I don't know...it seems to me that my XBox Live account was gone and I had to recover the account...and when I did, there was no info on my hard-drive.

I'm so going to get a memory card for back-up, even if it is kinda b.s.

Marc
12-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Mine had been running glitch free since I got it. I don't think they rushed it at all. I think people aren't setting their 360s up in the right environment. It needs ventilation. Someone is making a ventilation fan(external) in a stand for people to stand the 360 vertically and give it extra ventilation. My EB said they had not had one unit returned yet.

l Maximus l
12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Mine had been running glitch free since I got it. I don't think they rushed it at all. I think people aren't setting their 360s up in the right environment. It needs ventilation. Someone is making a ventilation fan(external) in a stand for people to stand the 360 vertically and give it extra ventilation. My EB said they had not had one unit returned yet.

Yeah...I'm thinking it could have been some sort of fluke...I'm not sure. Like I said, I hope it doesn't happen again...and it only slightly made me feel concerned because it was as if I signed out of my XBL account and had to sign back in and somehow lost my information...for all I know, I could have erased my hard-drive in the process on accident. I just hope it doesn't happen again....

I restarted NFS and I'm in a much better situation now than my career that I accidentally erased! lol

swivel
12-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Actually, I've seen PC games, yes, single games, that alone have more problems posted than the entirety of the 360 launch. Given the complexity of their system, I'd say the 360 is standing up pretty well, especially since most of the issues are software related, and thus fixable.

If you're hoping for a 100% smooth PS3 launch, dream on. Anytime you implement something as complicated as emulation, a background OS (dashboard), and live system like the 360 has, there's going to be bugs. If the PS3 does any better, it will be because they won't have any of the extra features we're all going to be used to by the time it releases.

The fact that you even post this belies the problem. Consoles have had an edge over PC's for gaming in that they were simple, and always worked. Now you hurrah! the XBox for it's added complexity, making it as crash-worthy as a PC.

PC users are adept at such things, and expect a patch or two. There are a near-infinite combination of bits of hardware that each game can run into. It is to be expected.

I bemoan the end of pure consoles and the beginning of the new Home-Theater-Living-Room invasion. I would prefer to keep Microsoft and Sony both out of my home theater. I have more competence than both of them combined in this arena.

All of this is why myself, and many fellow gamers I know, are now looking to the Nintendo to save us. The Gamecube at my house hasn't been hooked up in over a year, and got the least attention from my half-dozen gaming systems. So I am by no means a Nintendo advocate. But they are the only company clinging to the gaming tradition that I know and love. The other two guys seem to be trying to compete with my PC. Fat chance.

The good to come of this will be the cross-platform nature of game development. Soon, nearly every game made for a next-gen console will be released on the PC. We are nearly at that point now. Perhaps my PC and the Revolution will keep me happy for the next several years.

Also... I'm shocked that everyone wants to apologize for Microsoft. It is unreal that we, as consumers, care more about protecting the people that take our money, and usually fail to deliver, than we care about ourselves and our fellow man. They way they get us warring with each other, while taking advantage of our zeal in a monetary fashion, reminds me of the political fanaticism which runs rampant these days. I urge everyone to pause for a moment and determine which team you are on.

stormin4
12-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Few glitches? I hope we are not deluding ourselves or are so desperately wanting there to not be problems that we are blinding ourselves. These things are having problems all over the place and I suspect more will pop up. I am smelling 'rushed' all over the place. The ONLY problem I have ever had with my previous xbox and that I ever remembering was the Thompson drive thing. The fact that people are experiencing overheating, scratched disks, lost saves, Live not working, game freezes, and on and on is more than a few glitches. And the 3 percent number everyone throws around is actually funny. MS makes that statement and everyone blindly believes it.

I did some checking of my own and after calling an EB at random and asking how many of the launch systems they sold have reported problems I was told 30 percent. Some may do better, and no doubt some will do worse, but the fact that I just pick one store randomly and am told 30 percent is shocking to say the least.

I think in a few weeks when more and more people actually have their hands on the systems you will hear more and more and more issues. I love my current Xbox and really want this new one, and any other system coming out for that matter, to do well, but things are not looking good.

The fact that you even post this belies the problem. Consoles have had an edge over PC's for gaming in that they were simple, and always worked. Now you hurrah! the XBox for it's added complexity, making it as crash-worthy as a PC.

PC users are adept at such things, and expect a patch or two. There are a near-infinite combination of bits of hardware that each game can run into. It is to be expected.

I bemoan the end of pure consoles and the beginning of the new Home-Theater-Living-Room invasion. I would prefer to keep Microsoft and Sony both out of my home theater. I have more competence than both of them combined in this arena.

All of this is why myself, and many fellow gamers I know, are now looking to the Nintendo to save us. The Gamecube at my house hasn't been hooked up in over a year, and got the least attention from my half-dozen gaming systems. So I am by no means a Nintendo advocate. But they are the only company clinging to the gaming tradition that I know and love. The other two guys seem to be trying to compete with my PC. Fat chance.

The good to come of this will be the cross-platform nature of game development. Soon, nearly every game made for a next-gen console will be released on the PC. We are nearly at that point now. Perhaps my PC and the Revolution will keep me happy for the next several years.

Also... I'm shocked that everyone wants to apologize for Microsoft. It is unreal that we, as consumers, care more about protecting the people that take our money, and usually fail to deliver, than we care about ourselves and our fellow man. They way they get us warring with each other, while taking advantage of our zeal in a monetary fashion, reminds me of the political fanaticism which runs rampant these days. I urge everyone to pause for a moment and determine which team you are on.

WOW!! Those are both very intelligent, well thought, researched and just generally STUDLY posts. You both make me proud to be an American and an Xbox Addict. And I agree with you both. Thanks.

Unreal
12-10-2005, 03:23 PM
I just rented Need For Speed Most Wanted and I have Halo 1, 2 and map packs saved to the HDD. I didnt encounter said problemm. That sucks though.

TwIzTuD
12-11-2005, 06:41 PM
If you use Account Recovery it makes the first recovery negated. I found this out since I own 2 Xbox 360's and used the Account Recovery feature to get my Gamertag on both systems. All was fine or so I thought until I went back to game on Xbox360 #1. I found that my Gamertag / Profile was gone and with that all of my game saves. Since I didn't know what was happening I recovered my account a second time on the first unit. Now it was back to normal but without my saves. I decided to try my Xbox360 #2 at that moment and found that the Gamerteg / Profile on it was now gone. Then it hit me, Microsoft will only let you have your Xbox Live Profile on one System or Memory Unit at a time so you can't give premium content to your friends. With Xbox you could have your Xbox Live account on anything you wanted, memory cards, extra consoles and all at the same time. This is the sad part I'm going to explain and why, it is for good as well but that is in the eye of the beholder. Since gamers wanted to be able to re-download content that they payed for Microsoft listened. They were also tired of cheaters and modders and microsoft listened. Microsoft has made it so that ALL content on your hard drive is tied to your Gamertag / Profile ( once you are on Xbox Live ). If you read over at Xbox.com you'll find that if you re-recover your Gamertag it makes the last known attempt invalid, and in doing so negates ALL of your saved games. You won't lose your Achievments however since they are stored on Microsofts Servers. If you own a 2nd 360, plan to own a 2nd 360, or will take your Gamertag / Profile over to a friends house then go buy a Memory Card A.S.A.P.. If you put your Gamertag / Profile on a Memory Card and transport it around you will be fine. DO NOT RE-RECOVER your account without understanding the consequences. They did this so that you could take your account to a friends and show him or her unlocked content. It is a pain to move my Memory Card between units within my house but I have come to grasp with why it is necessary. If you don't believe me then at least try and copy your Gamertag / Profile to a Memory Card. Guess what it will only let you move the account not copy. This short story that I posted comes from experience and after reading what you all have posted I simply had to post what was going on so you all knew. Hopefully it will help someone out before they lose to much. Like I said above, DO NOT RE-RECOVER your account unless you absolutely have to. Game on Guys. :watchout:

TwIzTuD
12-11-2005, 06:42 PM
This may be my first post but I'm not jerking you all around I only want to help.