PDA

View Full Version : anyone get a 360 but not a launch?

thatdude222
12-04-2005, 06:37 PM
i just wanna know if/how many people got an xbox 360 after launch, like 2nd shipment at wal-mart or something. so far all the stoes have been sold out for me.

ShadedNine
12-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Well, a friend of mine picked one up a week after, but it was a launch box from a pre-order that was never picked up.

mattgame
12-04-2005, 08:04 PM
No one I know of.

thatdude222
12-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Well, a friend of mine picked one up a week after, but it was a launch box from a pre-order that was never picked up.lol who wouldnt pick up a pre-order on a 360?

blazenko
12-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Keep this message board AlIvE!!!

I want to know if the second shipment has as many problems as the first

Hero
12-04-2005, 11:35 PM
i thought they were supposed to be shipping weekly..are the stores hoarding them or something? ...if they are..they are only contributing to this ebay gouging.

Wolf1171
12-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Got mine on ebay, it should be here next week.

Jackyboy
12-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Got mine on ebay, it should be here next week.
EBAY??? how much did u spend??

pitt4ever
12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
i thought they were supposed to be shipping weekly..are the stores hoarding them or something? ...if they are..they are only contributing to this ebay gouging.

Doubt it, but they may just be keeping them until a set date (like Best Buy) so that everyone gets a fair chance.

Wolf1171
12-05-2005, 09:04 PM
EBAY??? how much did u spend??

I paid more then its worth, but I will have it by Friday.

I got the Premium bundle that had an extra wireless controller, play and charge kit, and the media remote. Will head to Gamestop this week and pick up my pre-ordered games.

TacoMonkeyGod
12-06-2005, 01:21 AM
I luckily got one after launch. One of my friends got his from Best Buy, it had problems according to him and he called microsoft to get it replaced. In the meantime he couldn't wait so he went to EB Games and got a core system there. A few days later he claimed the screen went green and yellow then turned off. Trying to turn it back on he said it came up with a message about hardware failure. He was going to take it back but I told him I'd buy it from him for the price he paid. I kinda thought he was lying about the whole mess so figured I'd give it a chance and if it was broke I could just send it off for replacement.

Well I get home and the system is working fine. No green or yellow screens and no hardware failure messages. The system has locked up a couple times but that's just when I'm browsing through my friends list and a couple times when I've tried turning the system on the lights around the power button just lit up red and nothing happened, turned it off and back on and boots right up.

So, yea after that long story I got one :) From what I understand, stores should be getting second shipments this week sometime. I think EB Games here is getting them Tuesday 12/06/05. That won't do you any good since they are all reserved up till January in most places. I'd suggest hopping down to Best Buy early or even checking Sears. Sears here got a 2nd shipment already, but they only got 2 on that shipment. Best of luck finding one.

thatdude222
12-06-2005, 05:41 PM
bah this is crap. my preorder isnt coming till january, and im gonna wait. is it really worth it to spend 600+ more dollars on ebay then wait a month?
thats 20 bucks a day of playage.

TacoMonkeyGod
12-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Don't do it man, as great as the system it is, don't pay the high price for the system. There is a chance that there could be something wrong with the system, or something shady with the auction. I know I know, I'm just saying this because I have one. Not really, I just don't like seeing people having to shell out more then they have to for something.

FatBox
12-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Don't do it man, as great as the system it is, don't pay the high price for the system. There is a chance that there could be something wrong with the system, or something shady with the auction. I know I know, I'm just saying this because I have one. Not really, I just don't like seeing people having to shell out more then they have to for something.
I was hearing about a lot of the systems on eBay are defective in some way.