PDA

View Full Version : is it worth buying Genma Onimusha

Afro Aura
02-21-2002, 05:40 PM
I was thinking of buying Genma Onimusha but I was put off as I've heard when you move to the next screen it stops and starts, if you've played Alone in the Dark 4, is the screen change the same?

Please, I've seen PS2 Onimusha on TV and I've seen the screen change and I HATE it, I hope it's not the same on the XBOX or I will be pi$$ed off

err one more thing is it like Devil May Cry, if so I ain't buying it as the game is so boooring, all you have to do is runaround shooting and chopping things and solve really cr@p puzzles that even my 3year old nephew could workout

I'm asking about this game I live in the UK and it will cost me £59 in your money it's $84.02 so I want to know is it worth the cash

batman46st
02-21-2002, 06:11 PM
Well man, it does have a now loading sign on the botttom everytime u go in a room but honestly its like a sec. This game is not the same as ps2, its so enhanced its not even funny. Honestly the game is great in puzzles. I got my 50 dollars worth on this game.

Wu3000
02-21-2002, 10:18 PM
well when i first played the pos2 version i was in heaven, i mean the game took me back to the classic hack n slash that really got me into gaming back int he day.

i too was wondering ifi should buy it, i mean who wants a direct port. the game has almost been redone, the enemies arent easy to kill like in the ps2 version in fact the enemies are different, some are the same but there are new tougher ones. the prerendered backgrounds are still there but i have to admit this game works with them. there is a slight load in between screens but like the post ahead of mine says its reallyonly a second.

oh yeah and there are new levels which will provide a nice challenge to even the expert gamers.

and there are lots of secrets if your into that. so the replay value is fairly high. untill you throw your contoller at the screen because the two big red bull ogres are kicking you ninja butt untill you use up all your talismans,, ggrrrr i hate that **** them.

any way man i say rent it first, if you cant then hell just buy it its worth it to me

wu

Wu3000
02-21-2002, 10:36 PM
i dont play games just to "beat" them.
any way can you really beat a game without getting everything??
i dunno, i mean there are tons of things to unlock.

wu

TRUE_GAMER
02-22-2002, 12:37 AM
F*ck yeah nough said.

Afro Aura
02-22-2002, 04:23 AM
thanks guys for your input, well I'm off to get the game
and cheers again

See Ya :D

TRUE_GAMER
02-23-2002, 06:34 AM
Afro head If you have any Q's about Genma feel free to ask me yo.

GRAVEDIGGER
02-24-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by TRUE_GAMER
Afro head If you have any Q's about Genma feel free to ask me yo.

Well i might not be Afro Head, but i do have an Afro and i have a question. Is Genma Onimusha a Good game. Because i have never played the PS2 version, but the XBOX version looks to be great. So is it?

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Wu3000
02-25-2002, 02:51 PM
yeah if anyone has any questions on genma true gamer is the man to ask, he has helped me with everything i needed..

much love to true gamer, thanks man.

wu

TRUE_GAMER
02-25-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Wu3000
yeah if anyone has any questions on genma true gamer is the man to ask, he has helped me with everything i needed..

much love to true gamer, thanks man.

wu

Thanks Wu, appreciate it.

TRUE_GAMER
02-25-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER

Well i might not be Afro Head, but i do have an Afro and i have a question. Is Genma Onimusha a Good game. Because i have never played the PS2 version, but the XBOX version looks to be great. So is it?

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

I too had never played the game until i got it for the XBOX and I must say it is a must have. So my gravedigger friend yes is the answer to your Q and I'm sure many people would agree.